• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[My Zss Notes] [Demo Video of Zss's Death Combos Added]

Salem

Smash Champion
"Supposedly. . . i'm the best wifi Zss... well, that's what alot of people say at least, so I guess i'll take that as my title, nothing wrong with that, right?"~ Salem

~My Zero Suit Samus controls~​

Tap jump off.

[Y] is set to specials, this allows me to perform a dash and up-b at the same time if I press jump just at the same time, apparently... Zss does not come off the ground from doing this, interesting, this also works with down-b, this helps me to space edge canceling neutral-b and down-b, whenever these ATs will be useful for me.

[R] is set to grab for easier boost pivot grabbing, whether i'm using it for Zss or not, a simple Forward, down, back motion on the stick and combining it with simply pressing A and the R button really helps, cause the R button has a spring built inside, the timing appears exactly perfect to boost pivot grab.

Everything else is left the same.

~My Zero Suit Samus playstyle~​

I have the advantage, the battle starts with me and my armor parts, this is currently the best and fastest projectile on the field and I know my opponent wants them.

My plan is to keep as many armor parts as possible, regardless if I use them all or not.

If they approach, jump and d-throw a armor part and do a retreating n-air to pick up another armor part, the first armor part will either force them to shield and waste their time allowing me to guard with the other armor part or to allow me to try and shield poke with it. Usually, I notice most of my opponents perform an attack to clash with this mini strat of mine at the beginning of a match, when I see this, I quickly counter that with an attack of my own before their character is able to recover from the small clash animation, so I must simply punish it with one of my fastest attacks before their recovery... excluding jab, usually I just use n-air cause I seen this done bunches of times so i'm prepared for this situation, now hopefully if I time it correctly, i'll be able to grab the armor part in between with the n-air just as it hits, so I may chase them away from the rest of the armor parts with it.

If they don't approach...

I must bring the armor parts slowly towards them, with a some what aggressive yet safe playstyle, using less glide tossing to get closer, jump cancel item throw instead, JCIT d-throw to bring a armor part closer to them.

Run back and pick one up before the other hits the ground, glide toss the item up and go over and pick the other armor part up before it lands and JCIT d-throw it again, run back and use the final armor part to try and hit your opponent.
If they try to jump over the armor parts that is used to guard, wait for it and throw it up, expect an airdodge and jump and u-air them, most of the time, there is no use to try and jump and u-air as most of the time they'll get hit... though on rare occasions I seen somebody airdodge and take my armor part/throw it away, but it is rare. . .
If they try to shield it, use the other armor parts to guard the shielded armor part to reduce chances of it being taken, space a forward-b to try and push them away from the armor parts. if they shielded it, quickly run up and z-catch the armor part that was shielded and quickly throw it back to the ground to restore the hitbox, quickly n-air if they attempt to approach you again, timing might be strict, but it works.
If shielded, try to repeat the situation, n-air clashes with attacks, so no need to be scared, as if the attack clashes, the armor part will most likely hit them as you stalled their attack making them not move and letting the armor part hit them.

[Incomplete (My playstyle): Will be finished later]

~Combos that I haven't figured out to fit into my playstyle yet~​

"There is a secret I found, especially with this particular character, though lets skip that, for now i'll simply call this thing here a death combo, a combination of moves that can take a stock automatically if performed perfectly correct."~Salem

"Zss has a total of 15+ death combos, though a few of them require the armor parts, yes, I know... "BUT DEY CAN SDI!TROLOLOL", but if landed correctly they're a true death combo, the game even registers this as a real combo. this has been tested in training mode on lvl 9 cpus, the computers that airdodge the fastest."~Salem

Regular Combos~​

Glide toss item upward > d-smash X2 > b-throw (they're hit into the item) > full hop b-air

Glide toss item upward > d-smash X2 > buffer dash > short hop b-air (DO NOT LAND) > fast fall (DO NOT LAND) > (they're hit into the item) jump > F-air

-Death Combos-​

[Without Armor Parts]​

How to: The few of these usually require good spacing and or/buffering, usually both.
To perform these, the opponent must fall off the edge, when they fall off, they're completely vulnerable allowing you to perform an attack freely on them.

I've noticed there are two kinds of "edge" fall off types, the first one the opponent simply falls off the edge and grabs the ledge, the second one is the same, however they don't grab the ledge and they seemingly move farther back, I haven't been able to figure out what causes that to happen though...

DEATH COMBO #1~(Perform slightly close to the edge)D-smash (Single/Optional) > FF n-air > RUN OFF STAGE Fast Fall > Up-b spike > [Optional <3] footstool

TRUE DEATH COMBO #2~(Perform slightly close to the edge) Neutral-B (Fully Charged) > (OPPONENT IS IN FALL ANIMATION) Down-b

TRUE DEATH COMBO #3~(Perform slightly close to the edge)(Requires specific spacing and timing)(Must be perfectly buffered)Fast Fall F-air > (OPPONENT IS IN FALL ANIMATION) Buffer D-smash > Run off stage > Down-b

TRUE DEATH COMBO #4~(Perform slightly close to the edge)(Requires specific spacing and timing)(Must be perfectly buffered)Neutral-B (Fully Charged) > Fast Fall F-air > (OPPONENT IS IN FALL ANIMATION) Buffer D-smash > Run off stage > Down-b

TRUE DEATH COMBO #5~(Perform slightly close to the edge) Neutral-B (Fully Charged) > (OPPONENT IS IN FALL ANIMATION) Run off stage Fast Fall > Up-b spike > [Optional <3] footstool

TRUE DEATH COMBO #6~(Perform slightly close to the edge)(Requires specific spacing and timing)(Must be perfectly buffered)Fast Fall F-air > (OPPONENT IS IN FALL ANIMATION) Buffer D-smash > Run off stage Fast Fall > Up-b spike > [Optional <3] footstool > (Optional) D-air

Note: F-air stops forcing a ground slide usually at 30% or 40%, depends on the character really.

[With Armor Parts]

DEATH COMBO~(Perform slightly close near the edge) Jump > d-throw item (in front of opponent) > continue over the opponent > FF b-air (they're hit into the item) > d-smash X2 > down-b

DEATH COMBO~(Perform slightly close near the edge) Full Jump > Z-drop item (in front of opponent) > fast fall (they're hit into the item) > d-smash X2 > down-b

DEATH COMBO~(Perform slightly close near the edge) Glide Toss Item Upward > D-smash X2 > Buffer dash > Short hop b-air (DO NOT LAND) > Fast Fall (DO NOT LAND) > Jump > Down-b > RECOVER
Note: If you mess up this combo, you might actually get yourself screwed.

LEGENDARY TEAM COMBO: INFINITY LASER~

How to Perform: [Similiar to Zss's D-smash Infinite on R.O.B.] Stun the opponent with Zss's D-smash > Partner performs a footstool while opponent is stunned > opponent hits the ground > Zss d-smash's again > Partner lands > Repeat from Partner performs a footstool > INFINITE

Testing Note: There's a possibility that you can perform this on TWO opponents if they both get hit by d-smash at a certain percentage, your partner would have to footstool from one head to another while waiting in between the stuns to reset the jump height from the footstool so they don't fall to quickly and miss the footstool automatically, everything else is performed normally besides that.

INFINITY ∞ LASER With Falco: (Note Falco is one of my favorite characters to team with) Stun the opponent with Zss's D-smash > Zss Foostools > Falco Laser Locks > Zss lands close to the ledge the opponent is being pushed towards > Falco stop laser lock when opponent reaches near the edge > Zss turns around and short hop fully charged neutral-b's the opponent during forced get up > Opponent falls off the edge and Zss performs true death combo #2

Mission Incomplete:

Add total damage and what works and doesn't work on who on to the list of combos.

Get some vids up on youtube, to show how to perform some of these.

Add the rest of the armor part death combos... if I can remember them.

Create a perfect Zss playstyle for people to use and abuse.

~Salem​

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I like the part where you put "combo" and "tested on level 9s" as justification.
Do you only do wifi?

Salem

Smash Champion
I like the part where you put "combo" and "tested on level 9s" as justification.
Do you only do wifi?
Yes, such info is important, i'll probably start adding what I tested on human players and what I have not later.

And I can't really travel anywhere much to go to tourneys, so...
Yeah, though most of the things I do is things I done offline and applied to wifi with the best of my ability.
People seem to find this as "amazing" cause 80% of the people who play wifi simply can't do that. lol

@Technical_Chase

It's not finished.

@Volcanic Doomfire

YOU! test the combos out and see the results or stop loling, everybody seems to do this until i show them it actually works! and it's starting to get a bit annoying.

Cough...

And by the way guys, the death combos that's displayed aren't even the more advanced death combos, I haven't included them up there yet cause i'm missing data, those ones actually require precise timing and buffering and when done correctly, you simply know it's a death combo, oh. . . and the funny thing is, I tested these particular ones on human players and I was able to land it in a match, it's just simply awesome.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Sorry, but anybody who knows how to slightly DI ZSS's d-smash could get out of most of the spike combos.
Or they could meteor cancel...
Then edgeguard you...
Or trololololol SDI towards the stage, and hit the stage.

You just need better offline players to show you this.

Salem

Smash Champion
Sorry, but anybody who knows how to slightly DI ZSS's d-smash could get out of most of the spike combos.
Or they could meteor cancel...
Then edgeguard you...
Or trololololol SDI towards the stage, and hit the stage.

You just need better offline players to show you this.
Supposedly, but what this is for is to simply expand our options.
Not everybody will know exactly when and where to DI, especially if we have a wide selection of options to choose from.

@Volcanic Doomfire

Yeah, and? <_<

Oh, and today I might be able to recover said data so I can continue working on this thing.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
wowowow....ummm just let you guys know i have gotten the nair to Up B combo off on people offline. IT IS A LEGIT KILL COMBO. Learn it well. It works well on larger targets. Also i think he forgot to mention that you hit the with the back part of nair which sends them in front of you. Salem is a great zss and knows what he is talking about. If i had to rate him he would be some where close to top 5 zss like myself. Also Salem discovered the Neutral B (near ledge) to spike from falling animation.

Salem

Smash Champion
Updated, look at the list of death combos for the best thing ever, sorry for taking so long, I got distracted. <_<

Vids of how to perform them will be up soon... I mean, eventually. lol

For now, go out and **** people with this stuff, kthxbai 4 now.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Well wait for the vids b4 anything happens, there is a huge difference from wifi from offline but after I see the vid we'll c if its legit

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I heard you are a good ZSS brawler I would likez to challleneg u my Friend codez is 0000- 666- 911.

Randum

Smash Rookie
I'll get the video up with Salem's death combos soon.

He doesn't lie. These are legit.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Whenever you actually post the vids, can I critique why the combos don't work?
If they work, are inescapable, and actually are guaranteed death combos, I shall praise thee as the lord.
If not, I'm gonna call you ****ing ********.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Whenever you actually post the vids, can I critique why the combos don't work?
If they work, are inescapable, and actually are guaranteed death combos, I shall praise thee as the lord.
If not, I'm gonna call you ****ing ********.
I don't think we're ever going to see those videos...

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
*is looking at all the troll posts, with his cursor ready to click on "issue infraction"*
in other words, cut out the spamming and trolling. It's very depressing watching people bandwagon on someone simply because he's trying to help. Nick isn't spamming or trolling, but -Mars- and Volcanic Doomfire are.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
NickRiddle said he was going to call the kid ****ing ********.....I just want to play some wifi with the kid *scratches head*.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
What was your friend code again, mars? 0000- 666- 911? And you and I both know that the purpose behind those posts was to troll him because he plays wifi. Don't play dumb.

And "****ing ********" may be bad, but the way he used it is no different than a common "I'm gonna **** you next tourney" comment. If you want me to point at Nick too, then all the Staff better get busy infracting everyone who says "****".

-Mars-

Smash Hero
It's cool bro, I know your just doing what you're supposed to do....I was just trying to be funny.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Its just that, the guy comes in trying to be productive and stuff, then when I scroll down I see people shooting him down just because he plays wifi, know what I'm saying? If I was the OP, it would be the last time I tried helping for a good while. And a while ago, someone was doing the same thing you did purposefully to try and make me look like a bad guy because of a warning I gave him, so I just wanted to be blunt this time and avoid the whole dance. It's nothing personal Mars, you're still cool.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
That's not spamming/trolling?
I love SWF.

Seriously though, I'm actually interested if this is legit or not. I'm just hyper-critical as other "amazing ****" has been brought up in the ZSS boards, only for it to be nothing, and a waste of time. F-smash own-zone anybody?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I despise fsmash, I don't think there's any possible way that anyone can make me love that attack. I like dair more than I like fsmash.

Salem, I have a suggestion for you. Next time you want to post a break-down like this one, make sure to have a video or two up before posting the thread. If you don't, you will ALWAYS have people asking for some proof, and no one will believe you, sometimes not even take you seriously.

Salem

Smash Champion
Oh.

Sorry guys, it's taking a while cause i'm trying to make a overly blinding graphic demonstration video.

It's gonna be like

BOOM, POW

"ZSS'S NEW DEATH COMBOS!"
It'll be cool and stuffs, so just wait a bit longer, okay?

Not to mention I haven't exactly rounded up all the "how to" replays of the combos and things yet.

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
Oh.

Sorry guys, it's taking a while cause i'm trying to make a overly blinding graphic demonstration video.

It's gonna be like

BOOM, POW

"ZSS'S NEW DEATH COMBOS!"
It'll be cool and stuffs, so just wait a bit longer, okay?

Not to mention I haven't exactly rounded up all the "how to" replays of the combos and things yet.
BOOO SALEM U SUCK! ! !

inb4Merohatin

Top Bottom