• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My wii has overheating issues

Danny of AD 1

Smash Apprentice
So I've had my Wii since December of 2006 but it has done overheating problems not on the scale of the xbox 360 my first 5 xbox 360 consoles got the red ring of death I currently have xbox 360 e which runs fine but i really want to play my gamecube games but I don't want it to overheat keep in mind wii u does not have a gamecube memory card slot but it shuts off after 2 hours of play and I have to wait 6 hours for it to cool down what should I do about this note I have a wii u with my old game saves should I give up on it and get the dolphin emulator send it in for a fourth time and ask nintendo to fix it or should I stop worrying about it because I have a wii u xbox 360 and xbox one to play note when it shuts off I have to unplug it and plug it back in

mmKALLL

Smash Cadet
I think you may want to start by using punctuation to make your sentence readable.

More seriously though, it depends. Are you certain it is overheating that's causing the issue? If so, is there a weird smell after such an occurrence? If so, don't expect your Wii to last long; the best bet would be to purchase a new one. A console lasting for ten years and having problems like this is most likely to be expected from the life cycle.

Top Bottom