• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Toon Link Needs Serious Help!

O Dog

Smash Cadet
NNID
orionbc84
3DS FC
1521-2681-9055
My Toon Link game needs serious help. I know I'm not utilizing him to the full. Need help with his aerial and keep away games. I've mained him for years, and I've finally resisted the temptation to down-stab every chance I get.

Any help is greatly appreciated. He's hanging on a thread!

Toon Link Hookshot.jpg

Without videos, we can't see where you're going wrong. We can however, give you the generic Toon Link tips.

Don't stick to patterns. Figure out the parameters of all of your attacks and use them when they are needed. All attacks are needed (minus DTilt I suppose).

Watch videos from all the pros. MJG, Kingtoon, PJ, Jash, Jerm, etc. are all good players. Find inspiration.

Keep on asking questions when you need them.

O Dog

Smash Cadet
NNID
orionbc84
3DS FC
1521-2681-9055
Thanks for your help. I don't know any good :toonlink: players online. You've given me some good homework here. Thanks.

Recov

Smash Rookie
If you haven't learned these three techs, I suggest you study up:

Quickdraw
JC Throw
Invincibomb

Aerial game and traps will come in time, but learning at least these 3 techs will greatly advantage you in how you play.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I know we are rehashing and old thread, but what are some techniques you suggest after those? New toon link player here. About 1 month in.

southpaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4442-0022-4229
check the never ending list of toon at's. congratz on deciding to use the funnest character in the game.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Great, thank! I did. There's just a lot, like a LOT in there. I'm just trying to figure out an order of importance. Like the arrow that Link shoot's through himself... Is that very important?

southpaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4442-0022-4229
The reverse quickshot is the same thing and is honestly the most technical and practical tech toon link has. I dont really use much "techs" myself (ive never done a bcat/bbq/jerk/wutever its called in my life lol). Being able to incorperate just the most basic of the techs like ibomb, quickdraws, and maybe instant-tosses and JC throws is good enough really. Some of those usefulness ratings might be a little overhyped at times lol.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
lol, I gotcha. Okay, I thoroughly enjoy the iBomb and the instant tosses. I gotta work a little more on the quick draws and the JC throws.

Top Bottom