• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Thoughts on The Newcomer(s)

Terry Bogard

Smash Apprentice
Well, I never thought I'd be talking about Smash today. I thought the next fighter would come out during the Spring. I thought Sephiroth was added for Winter, but in hindsight, I guess he was added for the holiday season. Yet here we, and our two new fighters, are! I find it interesting that Rex is not playable, but his two main allies are. I never played XC2, but the choice to make them fighters makes sense because of their popularity with the fans, becoming more well known than Rex himself!

Also, did anyone else think the trailer was gonna be for XC2 DLC? That's what I thought, but then I saw Rex and Pyra on FD and my jaw dropped. I'm just so happy to be getting a new fighter!

Now we just wait for Sakurai's preview.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I actually thought it was going to be Xenoblade Chronicles 3 until Pyra showed her invitation.

I'm going to play as Pyra when she comes out.

Dizenn

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
3300-0492-5929
It is really surprising how fast they've been pumping out DLC, it makes me hopeful for a fighter pass 3. However, I'm very excited for Pyra and Mythra despite not being a fan of xenoblade. They're cool characters and its more female representation, which a lot of people wanted, presented in a way that seems appropriate and deserving, not in a pandering way.

On a slightly separate note, I find it a little surprising that nintendo has added characters with such prominent "assets", since they have nerfed the "assets" of characters like ZSS and snake.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Yeah. And Mai Shirunai couldn't even make a cameo because of her "assets" that can't be nerfed.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Knew it was Smash immediately and they're the characters I've been wanting since I played XB2 when it came out. Their inclusion alone brought me back here tbh.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord

Technomage

Smash Champion
Knew it was Smash immediately and they're the characters I've been wanting since I played XB2 when it came out. Their inclusion alone brought me back here tbh.
Me too, and I don't even care about Xenoblade; it's for a.. different reason. ^^

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Can't wait for Pyra to get in the game so that I can use her as both a Fighter and Spirit like Min Min! Oh wait, she's only a Support Spirit? Oh well, I can just use Rex as my primary Spirit and Pyra and Mythra could fill the Support slots. Great for slamming critical hits on Assist Trophies!

Top Bottom