• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My thoughts on newcomers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
This thread is just for the speculation on which newcomers I want/expect. Feel free to post thoughts on the subject. Anyway, I'll just get to the list. (This is in no particular order. Might add to it occasionally.)
  1. King K. Rool - Mainly wanted because DK needs more reps, and who better than the big green reptile from the DKC series? Why wasn't he in the other ones? Who knows.
  2. King Boo - No Mario character deserves the spot more, also most of them don't really fit the style of smash, other than Daisy and Waluigi, who we can easily say wont be in.
  3. Dixie Kong - More DK reps required, and also more female reps.
  4. Bandanna Dee - Smash 4 didn't add many main series characters, with 3 for mario, 1 for pokemon, and 0 for most others, Bandanna Dee could easily fit the gap that was left over in the kirby series as obviously the most popularly requested kirby character there is for smash that isn't in it.
  5. Kritter - I know, another DK character. Out of the Kremlings, he would make the most sense, as he was the only one already featured as a physical entity in a smash game (3ds smash run)
  6. Sceptile - Other than Decidueye, the top competitor for smash's grass type after Ivysaur was removed. Personally I think he makes more sense than Decidueye, due to his speed/wide range of usable moves.
  7. Shantae - Don't know too much about the series, but definitely can see why people would want her, as she has many things that could make her a good competitor.
  8. Koopa Troopa - Yeah, that one. I know it doesn't make the most sense, but he could potentially have a really good moveset.
  9. Kamek - Another Yoshi Rep, which is long overdue.
  10. Jody Summers - We need some extra F-zero reps, and she is the most likely, if any of them are included at all.
  11. Umbreon or Espeon - More pokemon + interesting moveset possibilities.
  12. Lycanroc (Midnight Form) - If there was a single SM pokemon to make it in to smash, it should be this one. Powerful, good speed, and another region being repped.
  13. Any Lance user from FE - Preferably Oboro or Cordelia.Fire Emblem shouldn't only be repped in smash by sword users. The series has way more unique characters, with way more weapons.
  14. Shy Guy - Another possible rep for the Yoshi series, and considering all the different colors that already exist, plus the different types, it has a chance.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool seems quite likely, he's my top pick as well. Good poké picks, would be nice to see the return of grass types or maybe some new ones we haven't seen like a dedicated poison or an interesting dual-type like Hawlucha. It's entirely possible none of our picks get in and we just get a new pokémon from gen 8.

Gotta agree with your statement about King Boo. Maybe Petey would be fun but KB has him beat in terms of potential and flavor. Finally, I don't think it's as likely as many people think that we'll get much indie representation. Shovel Knight is about as high profile as I've seen but all others are dicey and even then it would be a huge act of charity.

Kamek is a good pick, maybe we'll see him. I still agree that King Boo is more deserving of the spot. More so than Waluigi even.

Finally, a couple of my own: it is imperative that Ice Climbers return and alsooo...

Simon Belmont. Come on, he was on everybody's list for Smash 4 and now we have people pining for indies and characters less than a few months old. Killin' me. Good list.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
If you have nothing to contribute, don't post. In addition, don't call for locks on threads. Just report it.
This thread's going to be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom