• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide My Opinion On Ganondorf

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Doc Monocle submitted a new resource:

My Opinion On Ganondorf - This script details my thoughts on Ganondorf-- his play style and what may be overlooked.

(I played Brawl years ago, and have not played a Smash Bros. game since, so feedback is not only appreciated, but is also helpful. THIS IS NOT A GUIDE; I am simply sharing my view from what I have experienced.)

Few characters get as much flak for overall viability in competition as Ganondorf. Why is this? If we list the most obvious facts, it is because he lacks projectiles, travelling speed, and lasting hitboxes, and HAS a large figure, plenty of end/start lag on attacks, and poor...
Read more about this resource...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I read some of the things you said and I agree that Ganondorf relies on defense and offensive and always should attack when the opponent let's their guard down to attack as that's how I play Ganondorf. But Ganondorf's speed is different in each of the games. In Melee he was a demon with good framed air attacks, in Brawl and Smash 4 he was slow and had laggy attacks, and in Ultimate he's a mix of both but being much more balanced than in Brawl or Smash 4 and more rewarding with the Smash Attacks on reads.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I read some of the things you said and I agree that Ganondorf relies on defense and offensive and always should attack when the opponent let's their guard down to attack as that's how I play Ganondorf. But Ganondorf's speed is different in each of the games. In Melee he was a demon with good framed air attacks, in Brawl and Smash 4 he was slow and had laggy attacks, and in Ultimate he's a mix of both but being much more balanced than in Brawl or Smash 4 and more rewarding with the Smash Attacks on reads.
Thank you for the feedback. If he changes so rapidly, the text may not hold much water in Ultimate. I simply want more professional attention given to the idea that there are no 'accidentally' low-tier characters, and I thought this would be my first stepping stone to that end. It is a very unpopular and disagreed with opinion if I am correct, but I still hold it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Thank you for the feedback. If he changes so rapidly, the text may not hold much water in Ultimate. I simply want more professional attention given to the idea that there are no 'accidentally' low-tier characters, and I thought this would be my first stepping stone to that end. It is a very unpopular and disagreed with opinion if I am correct, but I still hold it.
Honestly, I don't really care about the tier list as I play who I like and believe all characters are viable under the right hands. I believe more in a player's skill of their mastery of the characters more so than a tier list that a bunch of pro players got together and made up. I do believe though that characters are better or worse in certain Smash titles though as Ganondorf was in his prime in Melee, while obliviously Meta Knight was in his prime in Brawl.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Honestly, I don't really care about the tier list as I play who I like and believe all characters are viable under the right hands. I believe more in a player's skill of their mastery of the characters more so than a tier list that a bunch of pro players got together and made up. I do believe though that characters are better or worse in certain Smash titles though as Ganondorf was in his prime in Melee, while obliviously Meta Knight was in his prime in Brawl.
You have it right. I have only set a fun little challenge for myself as a trivial goal to attain.

Top Bottom