• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My only problem with Incineroar

RedBr971

Smash Cadet
So, I'm a Incineroar supporter, I used to be a decidueye supporter, but once he made In, I knew he was the right choice, his moveset fits very well in Smash and he is very Unique as the first wrestler on Smash, but there's one move that lacks detail...
Darkest Lariat (Or Neutral Special)
The fact that he only does a spin with red effects shows almost no detail, and I expected some fire particles just like the Sun/Moon move so it could be more resembled to these games more than a normal spin, but overall what do you Guys think about Incineroar's moveset?

D

Deleted member

I like him. I would agree. His moveset fits him nicely but I feel like he is bit slow. And im afraid he is going to be juggled quick easily like other heavies.

His running and aerial speed is really bad, and he seems to be very grab dependent. Which in Ultimate, can be bad since grabs are nerfed in this game. But idk, I guess we will have to wait for the full game release to be 100% sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Do we even know if Incineroar's weight is above average? There are other factors to keep in mind, such as falling speed and gravity.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
The moveset looks fine to me. Darkest Lariat isn't the flashiest of moves, but it does sound useful to break away opponents and/or put them in a more optimal situation to get a grab or strong strike. The boosted priority is a major boon for it too.

Its recover, on the other-hand, is kinda scary. Incineroar doesn't look like it will fare too well if off the stage. We'll have to wait and see what happens and if any balances are needed.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I love everything about Incineroar but yeah I gotta agree with the guy above me.. His recovery looks nigh atrocious.

If Incineroar had a wall jump that'd probably make up for it though?

SmasherWolf

Smash Rookie
Darkest Lariat looks alright. It definitely looks like a "get away from me" move, and I love the Zangief reference Sakurai made.

The recovery is bad yeah. Most people playing in Belgium were just SD'ing over and over. However, we do know that Up B has stupid kill power, killing Mii Brawler at 80%.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My main concern about Darkest Lariat right now is that it apparently doesn't deal multiple hits. If it only deals a single hit, fighters could easily shield-grab Incineroar afterwards.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
My main concern about Darkest Lariat right now is that it apparently doesn't deal multiple hits. If it only deals a single hit, fighters could easily shield-grab Incineroar afterwards.
Now I've expressed concern over this myself a while ago. However...

"Oh no! My Darkest Lariat is very punishable if it's blocked! If only I had something like a terrifying grab game to discourage people from doing so! Wait..."

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I went in here expecting someone to talk about their disappointment about his lack of fireball pelvic thrusts. I was ready to mash that like button.

AggroFrag

Smash Rookie
NNID
SacredBanana
Switch FC
SW-0550-2967-8210
I love everything about Incineroar but yeah I gotta agree with the guy above me.. His recovery looks nigh atrocious.

If Incineroar had a wall jump that'd probably make up for it though?
Incineroar's recovery looks awful from anywhere but the high position, since Up+B has incredible kill potential and can scare people away from the ledge when Incineroar is coming from the high position.

Is he able to use Up+B in the air after a Side+B?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Incineroar's recovery looks awful from anywhere but the high position, since Up+B has incredible kill potential and can scare people away from the ledge when Incineroar is coming from the high position.

Is he able to use Up+B in the air after a Side+B?
Yeah, he can, but the end lag of Side B means that it's not going to help much.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, he can, but the end lag of Side B means that it's not going to help much.
Chances are, Incineroar would have to recover high to properly pull off that kind of recovery tactic. However, that could also leave it wide open to interceptions or gimping during the side special's ending lag period.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Chances are, Incineroar would have to recover high to properly pull off that kind of recovery tactic. However, that could also leave it wide open to interceptions or gimping during the side special's ending lag period.
It also drops like a rock during the side special's ending lag period.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, after playing Incineroar for a while, I gotta say his recovery isn't THAT bad. It's pretty good vertically, and side-b in most cases seems to be just enough to help you get back to ledge. I won't deny, it's still competes for one of the worst in the cast, but other characters have it far worse - Chrom comes to mind...

I'd say Incineroar's biggest flaw has to be his speed. If it were up to me to improve him, I'd for one obviously make him faster, but perhaps give him a better dash grab, akin to Falcon's in Smash 4. It'd help him get into fights more effectively, and it'd also stay true to his grabbing playstyle. That's how I'd change it, anyways.

Top Bottom