• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Melee Tierlist

Agree or Disagree

• Total voters

CaptainAnime

Smash Apprentice
Here is my Melee tierlist in my opinion. I'm right and you're wrong :) Jk lmk if you agree and disagree and if you disagree, why? I also don't mind explaining some of my placements.
my-image.png

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I agree on everything except E tier-there is a reason to play these characters outside of friendlies and the like.

Thesavagechickenlord

Smash Rookie
Idk, I think that jigglypuff should switch spot with falco and that Marth should probably move down the ranks a bit. The spacies have less range but with melees speed, some of Marths moves such as counter are just irrelevant, plus falco can kinda space with lasers and has a one frame shine just like fox and one of the best spikes in the game as well as the speed to get in marths face. I also think that luigi should be ranked a little higher because even though he wasn’t designed very well, he has one of the best ledge games in melee other than possibly shiek

Hackshin

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
HACK#678
Is your list ordered within tiers?
Example:
1: Fox
2: Marth
3: Puff

Gerbungis

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
GERB#956
bullcrap, you need to rep link much higher, also lol dk in bottom tier is based

A Croissant

Smash Rookie
I mostly agree too I would just put Puff in A tier and move DK up one. I think Falco is better than Puff and DK is better than Mewtwo, Roy and G&W, but I could be wrong. he is just the only Beyond that it might be reasonable to put Falco in his own tier, since he is clearly above the rest of A tier, but also clearly below Fox and Marth. But I guess that would look dumb so top of A tier makes sense.

BIG D Was Taken

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
BIGD#791
Disagree.

Every character is viable.
Can you explain your point further ?
Viability : capable of working successfully; feasible. of course we're not talking about locals when discussing viability, The majors / super majors are what we're truly thinking about, so who's capable of working sucessfuly ? ( capable doesn't mean that it already did win, only that it showed demonstrable potential to ).
For example, Bowser has never shown any potiental to win a major, no top 8 reached, no notable wins on players from the top 100, while Yoshi, a character that never did win, showed that he could, with Amsa having wins over pretty much everyone on top 10 and having already reached top 8 loads of times. Only thing holding Amsa back is the coronavirus.
Also, when Amsa plays, he doesn't add anything to Yoshi, its still the same character, if anyone trained for a long enough time and with a good dedication, they could get the same results that Amsa does, what gives him the wins that he has is that he uses the tools that Yoshi has incredibly well.

Chalcopterus

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
LORD#687
The point of a tierlist isn't to map out which character can beat another character in the hands of different players. It's about comparing a character's toolset with another, all other factors being equal. Including a the player's skill level. So when you qualify with "a skilled Roy" you're no longer operating in the realm of character tierlists.

Zain's performance with Roy is saying much more about Zain than about Roy.

And Zain's performance with Roy is also proving my point: sure he performs well with Roy, but he performs much better with Marth. So given that all other factors are the same here, and Zain performs better with Marth, we can conclude that Marth's toolset is superior to Roy's in the context of 2021's meta. When taking Marth as a case study.

Abefroman

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
ABEF#110
Switch FC
SW-7672-2689-2784
Here is my Melee tierlist in my opinion. I'm right and you're wrong :) Jk lmk if you agree and disagree and if you disagree, why? I also don't mind explaining some of my placements.View attachment 293016
Donkey kong is too low, should be under ganon or above ylink, and falco/sheik not being top top tier is a little questionable to me but most of it looks pretty alright. Mine is this:
S: Fox, Marth, Puff, Falco, Sheik
A: Falcon, Peach
B: Pika, Yoshi, Samus, Icies, Luigi, Doc
C: Ganon, Dk
D: Mario, Mewtwo, Ylink, Gdubs, Link, Roy
F: Ness, Pichu, Kirby, Zelda, Bowser

Mostly I just feel like you're not giving the monke enough credit lmao he has pretty **** neutral but his punish game is bonkers and he has a lot going for him

Gerbungis

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
GERB#956
Donkey kong is too low, should be under ganon or above ylink, and falco/sheik not being top top tier is a little questionable to me but most of it looks pretty alright. Mine is this:
S: Fox, Marth, Puff, Falco, Sheik
A: Falcon, Peach
B: Pika, Yoshi, Samus, Icies, Luigi, Doc
C: Ganon, Dk
D: Mario, Mewtwo, Ylink, Gdubs, Link, Roy
F: Ness, Pichu, Kirby, Zelda, Bowser

Mostly I just feel like you're not giving the monke enough credit lmao he has pretty **** neutral but his punish game is bonkers and he has a lot going for him
ur bloatin puff too highly imo, put that blob 1 spot below fr, ics arent THAT strong as of late, same with dk, move mario above ganon, and all of d tier except gnw and roy in c, link shouldn't tie with mario, but they're pretty close imo, zelda is really good against marios and ics, kirby should be last, roy behind ness though, yeah you're right on that imo but move roy down above ness :018::018::018:

Top Bottom