• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Main problem

GingerJack

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3242-9407-2813
So I used to be a Mario main. I dropped him for Falco. I'm not good with Falco. Do I go back to Mario or stay with Falco and get better? Also what is your reasoning.

- GingerJack
Competitive Smash Player

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Er... Mario is a better character at the moment. Falco has a promising kit that's hindered by several technical oversights (Whiffing grabs or the second hitbox of Up-Smash come to mind). If you're looking to get into competitive and be ready as soon as possible, revert back to Plumber Boy and perfect your ladder combos. If you play for fun, stay with the character you are having the most fun with, you'll quickly learn to capitalize on even a poorly built moveset and pull off some swag.

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
Why did you drop :ultmario: in exchange for :ultfalco:?

I think that is the most important point here. I have seen people try to pick up characters that are higher tier or more competitive than their current main, only to stop having fun. Ironically, once they stop having fun, they play less, train less, and end up worse overall (be it competitive of casual play) than they were with their previous, lower tier or less viable main.

GingerJack

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3242-9407-2813
Why did you drop :ultmario: in exchange for :ultfalco:?

I think that is the most important point here. I have seen people try to pick up characters that are higher tier or more competitive than their current main, only to stop having fun. Ironically, once they stop having fun, they play less, train less, and end up worse overall (be it competitive of casual play) than they were with their previous, lower tier or less viable main.
I did that because I wasn't having fun with Mario at the time and I considered looking up playstyles. At this point I had never really played Falco and I wanted to try him. So what are the Playstyles.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Try every character. Out of 70+, someone's gotta appeal to you. I figured Mario was gonna stay my main on release day, but Inkling was just more fun to play and far more annoying to fight against.

GingerJack

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3242-9407-2813
Try every character. Out of 70+, someone's gotta appeal to you. I figured Mario was gonna stay my main on release day, but Inkling was just more fun to play and far more annoying to fight against.
You see I would but id rather know the playstyle I have and choose a character from that area. What are they anyway?

GingerJack

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3242-9407-2813
So I used to be a Mario main. I dropped him for Falco. I'm not good with Falco. Do I go back to Mario or stay with Falco and get better? Also what is your reasoning.

- GingerJack
Competitive Smash Player
So I figured it out I like Mario's Playstyle. So what are the characters i his playstyle and what is it?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I'd say Falco is a mid range zoner, and Mario is a grappler.
DK is a grappler, Mario I'd say is rushdown. He has to be right in your face to deal any damage due to his short baby arms and he combos pretty well off many confirms. Taking most hits from Mario pretty much ensures you're gonna eat a decent chunk of damage.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
DK is a grappler, Mario I'd say is rushdown. He has to be right in your face to deal any damage due to his short baby arms and he combos pretty well off many confirms. Taking most hits from Mario pretty much ensures you're gonna eat a decent chunk of damage.
Yeah, you're probably correct.

Top Bottom