• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Mafia Academia -- ENDGAME: Bites Za Dusto

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
OK this does it.

Vote: Pokechu

I would rather lynch a scummy player who clogs the threads with "jokes" instead of someone who ragequit. You're both scum, but at least Praline isn't filling the thread and distracting attention off themselves.
yeah vote me all you want, im nowhere near scum and the thread was literally dead until i came back to post in it but whatever LOL

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
you've been constantly talking down on other players, telling me you don't see a world where I "did a "fair job" this phase"? you dont realize how rude that is? put your vote on me all you want, the quicker I get out the better because I already said I was fed up with the toxicity

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Can you tell me why I would vote to save praline last-minute (I obviously knew I wasn't looking good for this) when it was clear that she would just be a target for the next Night and Day? why would I bother saving her just to buss her right out of the gate the very next Day?
I originally voted Golden after he called me stupid then I unvoted, but you can't say that going back to the vote is suspicious when you added traction to his wheel, stating he was your #1 scum read (even though you stayed on praline's wagon?). I wasn't feeling good with Golden, I didn't like how he was acting, and I wanted to hear more from praline. That's not bad motivation.
and even if I didn't vote, the vote would be tied - it would be a 50/50 split for one of Golden/praline to live. that means that there's a chance that the outcome would've been the exact same, with or without my vote. I didn't see anything wrong with going back to my vote because of this.
but once we see praline flip today, we'd see what her abilities are. that's what I'm saying - if she flips one-shot whatever, then scum!Chu saving her would have been pointless.
Pokechu shares my opinions exactly. Like I stated before, if I were scum with Pokechu and Praline, forcing a tie on praline would not have been in my best interest, given that there would have been a 50% shot that a scummate gets lynched or something. This is represented in the third quote. Sure Pokechu voted for Golden with a double vote that I didn't know about, but I couldn't say whether they just posted late because both Golden and Praline were both looking really scummy yesterday. Golden was wrong, but I'm happy to see if praline could get us any info from a lynch. It's useful for everybody, and it would have been in vain for scummy Pokechu to report on praline's actions and proceed to vote them. Pokechu's actions don't make sense if they were scum warranted, but that's just my opinion. It's hard to convince the primary opponent otherwise of their target.

Lore Lore

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
you've been constantly talking down on other players, telling me you don't see a world where I "did a "fair job" this phase"? you dont realize how rude that is? put your vote on me all you want, the quicker I get out the better because I already said I was fed up with the toxicity
No not you too...

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
No not you too...
naw I'm still in it to play it, it's never over until it's over.

I'm not ragequitting, just wearing my heart on my sleeve. He's suddenly voting me instead of an almost-confirmed scum just because he doesn't like my "jokes" and me deflecting attention? I think that he could be more pleasant with how he interacts with others.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I don't see a world where you did a fair job. I have a scum read on you.

This is how this game is played, and I refuse to debate on if I'm "talking down" to anyone. Your logic is inconsistent, your claim is fishy, and you are a hard scum read. Simple as that.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I don't see a world where you did a fair job. I have a scum read on you.

This is how this game is played, and I refuse to debate on if I'm "talking down" to anyone. Your logic is inconsistent, your claim is fishy, and you are a hard scum read. Simple as that.
You have a scum read on me. Fair. You don't see a world in where I did a fair job. Not fair, because that's explicitly saying that you don't think I played well at all. You know my name, not my story - telling people things like that or oh you don't care if there were more NZones playing the game (like you told to Z), etc., I find it really offensive. You can have your scum read on players without saying hurtful things.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Pokechu shares my opinions exactly. Like I stated before, if I were scum with Pokechu and Praline, forcing a tie on praline would not have been in my best interest, given that there would have been a 50% shot that a scummate gets lynched or something. This is represented in the third quote. Sure Pokechu voted for Golden with a double vote that I didn't know about, but I couldn't say whether they just posted late because both Golden and Praline were both looking really scummy yesterday. Golden was wrong, but I'm happy to see if praline could get us any info from a lynch. It's useful for everybody, and it would have been in vain for scummy Pokechu to report on praline's actions and proceed to vote them. Pokechu's actions don't make sense if they were scum warranted, but that's just my opinion. It's hard to convince the primary opponent otherwise of their target.

Lore Lore
I firmly disagree with every single bit of this post, but I won't go heavy into it to prevent "talking down" to you.

naw I'm still in it to play it, it's never over until it's over.

I'm not ragequitting, just wearing my heart on my sleeve. He's suddenly voting me instead of an almost-confirmed scum just because he doesn't like my "jokes" and me deflecting attention? I think that he could be more pleasant with how he interacts with others.
I am absolutely voting you because you are deflecting attention. I also had you as a scum read before the vote, as stated multiple times.

I'm not going to get in an argument over how "pleasant" I'm being when I have you as a hard scum read.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
But to avoid conflict I'll leave it at that, I don't think this is something that should really be discussed in-thread.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
You have a scum read on me. Fair. You don't see a world in where I did a fair job. Not fair, because that's explicitly saying that you don't think I played well at all. You know my name, not my story - telling people things like that or oh you don't care if there were more NZones playing the game (like you told to Z), etc., I find it really offensive. You can have your scum read on players without saying hurtful things.
I don't think you played well, to be perfectly blunt. If you somehow are town, you presented a horribly inconsistent argument for yourself and painting yourself scum as hell.

Want to know why I don't care about meta? Because people can lie about it. Because people have their own subjective opinions on meta. Because people can play against their meta. Unless I've personally experienced a game with you, I see no reason to respect it as a defence.

So along those lines, how is me not caring about more NZoners being out here a bad thing? Saying "if more NZoners were here, you'd be gone" is already a rough statement, and I was justified in saying that I don't really care about people who aren't in this game.

If that's somehow offensive, get over it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Do it. Let's see how I can stand my ground without falling for "peer pressure".
No, I'm genuinely not having a good time when people are resorting to personal attacks as a defence.

Dude was completely inconsistent. Calling that out and not backing down is how this game works.

Side note, the peer pressure thing wasn't stated by me iirc. I just found it weird D1 how you were a bit timid. Your earlier post toDay was also super weird.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Side note, the peer pressure thing wasn't stated by me iirc
You weren't the "peer pressure" stater, but I was making a point that it shouldn't be the one thing held against me. The peer pressure was believing the fake claim. I can hold my own opinions just fine, but because we need to lynch scum, the amount of people believing you was enough to send me over to vote TB.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I don't think you played well, to be perfectly blunt. If you somehow are town, you presented a horribly inconsistent argument for yourself and painting yourself scum as hell.

Want to know why I don't care about meta? Because people can lie about it. Because people have their own subjective opinions on meta. Because people can play against their meta. Unless I've personally experienced a game with you, I see no reason to respect it as a defence.

So along those lines, how is me not caring about more NZoners being out here a bad thing? Saying "if more NZoners were here, you'd be gone" is already a rough statement, and I was justified in saying that I don't really care about people who aren't in this game.

If that's somehow offensive, get over it.
You shouldn't be telling other players to "get over it". There's some games you play poorly; some you play amazingly. It's been a while since my last, so dusting myself off was quite the struggle, especially with the role I was given. I do better with other roles, but roles are always chance.

You may not care about meta, but that should not give you the excuse to be sarcastic to other players who do. I presented meta as a defense because it aligned exactly with what you were saying; me and praline on the same scum team. I used meta to show that when we were, I actually did not defend her like I did here. That's something to consider, or at least, for me it is. It may not be to you, but we're different players and people, and this in no way should warrant supercilious statements.

And you may not think I played well. That's your opinion. But you do not have to be abrasive with it. You do not have to put the other party down, telling them that you don't see a world in which they played well. I personally felt I handled my deck of cards the best I could - so hearing this just destroys my confidence because if that's my best, but you don't think it's good at all? What's the point of me even playing? My argument was "horribly inconsistent" but I truly put thought in it? Why should I continue to spend time here if all I will get is insults?

As for the NZone comment, it was not specifically that that was offensive, but it combined with everything else. What Z said was a rough statement, but it does not need a rough one in return. And yes, other people not in the game aren't really relevant to the game, obviously - but when you're saying "lol nzone who don't know don't care", it really tramples on the other party.

These games are supposed to be fun, and a learning experience for all. It cannot be either when you're telling players to their face what they're doing is horrible, and you tell them to "get over it" once they vocalize any concerns.

Last edited:

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
were, dude

we need to lynch praline today

seriously are we going to let her live ANOTHER phase??

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Did you know that you're the one who brought up not playing well, Pokechu? That me saying that I don't see a world where you're town means that I just don't believe your current statements?

Using meta as a defence is ridiculous. "I played with her on a scum team in this game, and I didn't act like that here! Trust me, I don't change my behavior between games!" Come on.

I do not care about people who aren't in this game. Saying that things would be different if they were here? That's cool, but they aren't in this game. Why do they matter?

I've loudly and openly said that I, personally, do not care about meta as a defense. I've repeatedly said this. To ignore that and try to bring up meta to me as a defense? Of course I'm going to immediately ignore it. I've said I'd do that the entire game.

I still believe your statements to be false. I also find them to be inconsistent. If using that to get a scum read is wrong, then what game are we even playing?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
were, dude

we need to lynch praline today

seriously are we going to let her live ANOTHER phase??
I'm legitimately considering replacing out or requesting a mod kill.

This game has been full of people bringing in personal attacks, wearing their heart on their sleeve as a defense, and more.

Like Pokechu's statements are inconsistent. Therefore, I have a scum read. His "you're insulting me by saying they are inconsistent" is ridiculous.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
for the record, Poke, I don't think were's "fair job" comment crossed the line, given context. The goal behind it was not to insult you or cause distress. It was to probe Poyzin and how he can get to a thought process that's very much opposed to Were's. Were is trying to play the game as effectively as he can. Due to the nature of the game, mildly insulting stuff is par for the course. That sucks to receive, though, I know.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Did you know that you're the one who brought up not playing well, Pokechu? That me saying that I don't see a world where you're town means that I just don't believe your current statements?

Using meta as a defence is ridiculous. "I played with her on a scum team in this game, and I didn't act like that here! Trust me, I don't change my behavior between games!" Come on.

I do not care about people who aren't in this game. Saying that things would be different if they were here? That's cool, but they aren't in this game. Why do they matter?

I've loudly and openly said that I, personally, do not care about meta as a defense. I've repeatedly said this. To ignore that and try to bring up meta to me as a defense? Of course I'm going to immediately ignore it. I've said I'd do that the entire game.

I still believe your statements to be false. I also find them to be inconsistent. If using that to get a scum read is wrong, then what game are we even playing?
I'm not saying you cannot use those things to form a scum read. I'm saying you could be more pleasant. Yes, I used meta in defense - but I also specifically mentioned another player during it, so it wasn't targeted solely at you. Therefore, it is not necessary to respond with sarcasm.

I gave it my all this game, so even if you intended it to just mean that you did not believe my current statements, what you said can leave itself open to other interpretations.
Pokechu has been completely inconsistent, repeatedly went down lines of logic that no townie would go on, and has the sketchiest af claim with that item.

I don't see a world where Pokechu did a "fair job" this phase.
From what was originally said, I believed that you were stating that as a whole, I played very poorly. Which, you are entitled to this opinion! But it does not need to be abrasive. Even now, you're simplifying what I'm saying to
"you're insulting me by saying they are inconsistent"
which is completely missing the point.

It's possible to have a scumread, or argue with someone, without being hurtful. That is what I am saying. I can bring up quotes if you would like. But this is nowhere near "you said my arguments were weak? WAAAAAAAAAAAH"

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Okay, this is getting way too heated for my liking. This isn't about mafia or scumhunting or anything of the sort any more, it's just devolving into personal attacks back and forth that aren't going anywhere. Obviously these games can get heated from time to time, but when you are dumping on people for being abrasive, or treating them as beneath you, then it's time to take a step back and refresh yourself, and come back later with a clearer perspective on things.

I locked the thread to hopefully get people to take a bit of time away from the game and simmer down. I'll open it again now, but if it continues again in this vein I won't be happy.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Posting a reads list but like full version this time:

In no particular order within alignment groups
Town
Were: I don’t think I need to expand on this, and I’m surprised when I see people call him scum.
Z25:
Kary: the gusto kary came into this game with was both refreshing and shocking and I really would be surprised to see scum come into the game with such gusto. If pokechu is scum I think kary is town and vis versa.

Town lean
Pokechu: this is mostly a gut read that I’ve decided to carry into day three but I buy the receiver claim but am curious as to why he got role blocked.

Doop: I trust doop mosly, I think he has been genuinely hunting scum this game but I wish I had a clearer idea as to where his head was.

Neutral
Penguin: hasn’t posted.
Uni: I didn’t trust Uni prior to their claim, but I believer their claim for the most part. The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn , after praline who would you want to lynch?

Scum lean:
Utopian Poyzons game is a bit all over the place (especially with the votes at the end of day yesterday). Part of me can’t tell if it’s actually scummy behavior or if this is just how utopian plays? I remember him seeming all over the place the last game I played with him.

Ura: I think this is mostly because he calls some players (mostly me) scummy for their voting history but not others (poizon) and it just seems like it’s a convenient scum excuse to push doubt on some players at this point really.

I’m going to hop in the shower for a bit, And respond to current stuff when I get out.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm /out. Request: Replacement

If devolving into personal attacks and questioning character is what people do now in response to pressure, I never want to play this game again.

That was one of the most stressful, frustrating situations that I've been in for a long time. I got tilted in response, and no forum game is worth that.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Posting a reads list but like full version this time:

In no particular order within alignment groups
Town
Were: I don’t think I need to expand on this, and I’m surprised when I see people call him scum.
Z25:
Kary: the gusto kary came into this game with was both refreshing and shocking and I really would be surprised to see scum come into the game with such gusto. If pokechu is scum I think kary is town and vis versa.

Town lean
Pokechu: this is mostly a gut read that I’ve decided to carry into day three but I buy the receiver claim but am curious as to why he got role blocked.

Doop: I trust doop mosly, I think he has been genuinely hunting scum this game but I wish I had a clearer idea as to where his head was.

Neutral
Penguin: hasn’t posted.
Uni: I didn’t trust Uni prior to their claim, but I believer their claim for the most part. The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn , after praline who would you want to lynch?

Scum lean:
Utopian Poyzons game is a bit all over the place (especially with the votes at the end of day yesterday). Part of me can’t tell if it’s actually scummy behavior or if this is just how utopian plays? I remember him seeming all over the place the last game I played with him.

Ura: I think this is mostly because he calls some players (mostly me) scummy for their voting history but not others (poizon) and it just seems like it’s a convenient scum excuse to push doubt on some players at this point really.

I’m going to hop in the shower for a bit, And respond to current stuff when I get out.
I mean, I'm here. Fire away.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I'm /out. Request: Replacement

If devolving into personal attacks and questioning character is what people do now in response to pressure, I never want to play this game again.

That was one of the most stressful, frustrating situations that I've been in for a long time. I got tilted in response, and no forum game is worth that.
You too, too? What post got you so riled up?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I mean, I'm here. Fire away.
Other than praline, who are you after?

How much do you buy Uni’s tracker claim?

These could be questions that you have already answered and I might need to reread, I haven’t been able to dedicate as much time to this game as I wanted to so I might have missed it.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel like GLG is phoning it in this game and I don't like it.
Example: asking me what I think of poyzin instead of asking poyzin directly.
Thoughts?
Agreed, I don't like it either. I was a huge fan of his first post and how well it meshed with my view of the game, but the general lack of content among a fairly chaotic town bothers me because I would expect him to help guide town, rather than take a backseat and let chaos reign. That said, I think when he has brought up points he's been helpful, which does indicate Town, so I have figure out how much I weight the two opposing sides. I'm content to let it take a backseat for now, though, since he's productive at least, so I guess you can take that to mean a tenuous town-lean despite my issues?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Other than praline, who are you after?

How much do you buy Uni’s tracker claim?

These could be questions that you have already answered and I might need to reread, I haven’t been able to dedicate as much time to this game as I wanted to so I might have missed it.
Today? Nobody. I need to do some re-evaluation based on Praline's flip, what happens at Night, etc. In the future, probably Pokechu, maybe Poyzin? I agree with most of Were's thoughts on Pokechu, albeit less fervently. I let Poyzin off the hook D1 because nobody else was with me on him, and he didn't do anything I found noteworthy D2, (until the end, of course). I agree with Were again though in 1867 about him and just gut feels weird in the last page.

A fair bit. I'm somewhat hesitant given my scumread on him, but otherwise the claim seems fine. If Praline townflips I'll probably be gunning for him, but I expect to feel better after the lynch.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Agreed, I don't like it either. I was a huge fan of his first post and how well it meshed with my view of the game, but the general lack of content among a fairly chaotic town bothers me because I would expect him to help guide town, rather than take a backseat and let chaos reign. That said, I think when he has brought up points he's been helpful, which does indicate Town, so I have figure out how much I weight the two opposing sides. I'm content to let it take a backseat for now, though, since he's productive at least, so I guess you can take that to mean a tenuous town-lean despite my issues?
First post? #366?

Top Bottom