• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Mafia Academia -- ENDGAME: Bites Za Dusto

D

Deleted member

Screw this, I'm releasing this setup as it is.
Flavor: My Hero Boku no (Mac)Academia

Basic Mafia rules, ya'll know the deal already
Night PMs are present but I may cut them if people want them out.
Closed Role Madness setup as per usual from the NZ.

Phase duration: Day phases last for 48 hours. No majority lynches. Night ohases last 24 hours with or without Night convos.
Phases will shift at 00:01 GMT -3 unless irl stuff gets in the way.

For those unfamiliar with the series
TV Tropes said:
Over the past century, the human race has been manifesting superpowers known as "Quirks". With 80% of humankind now possessing some kind of Quirk, crime has been amplified to superhuman levels; but in turn, those who seek to use their Quirk to save lives and uphold justice can train to become an officially-licensed hero.

Izuku "Deku" Midoriya is a young and idealistic boy who dreamed of becoming just like his favorite hero, All Might. But his hopes seemed to be shattered when he discovered at the age of four that he's Quirkless, the unlucky one-in-five that would never develop a Quirk. Despite this, he continued to hold onto his dream of becoming a hero some other way, filling countless notebooks with study notes on Quirks and fighting crime.

Yet a chance encounter with All Might himself changes everything when the veteran chooses Midoriya to inherit his Quirk: "One For All". Now Midoriya has a genuine chance to become the kind of hero he always dreamed of and attend U.A. High School, the most prestigious Superhero School in the world. He swears to train his hardest no matter what obstacles try and stop him, and follow in All Might's footsteps as the Symbol of Peace, inspiring all with the belief that everyone can be a hero if they help those in need and never give up.
Now to explain the unique mechanic to this game, that being the two different types of actions: Normal Actions and Quirk Actions.
By default, they don't work any differently but certain abilities will interact differently with others depending on their classification.

The following are the sample Role PMs
"-" indicates an ability
"*" is a further explanation of the ability above it

Town Sample Role PM
All Might
Quirk: One For All

"Never read tentacle hentai. Only villains do that."
You are All Might, the Hero Bulletproof. Your Quirk, One For All, stores energy and can be passed down to another, growing stronger with each generation.

Normal Abilities:
-Weakened Form: losing One For All will make you unable to act or be protected during Night.

Quirk Abilities:
-Muscle Form: You have a two-use bulletproof vest.
-Detroit Smash: Change the weather with a MIGHTY punch during Day, overruling the Day's lynch.
*Doing this will cause the second most voted player to be lynched instead.
*You may only use this ability if you still possess One For All
-Passing the Torch: Pass One For All to someone else, granting them use of all of your Quirk Abilities.

Mafia Sample Role PM
All For One
Quirk: All For One

"Tagged: Netorare, Tentacles, Mind Break."
You are All For One, the Villain Jack-of-all Trades. Your Quirk, All For One, allows you to steal others' Quirks and also give them to others.

Normal Abilities:
N/A

Quirk Abilities:
-All For One: Steal someone's Quirk Abilities for yourself, preventing them from using them for the remainder of the game.
-Stolen Quirk Abilities: all of the following are one-use only.
*Forcible Quirk Activation: Force someone to use their first Quirk Ability(if any) and choose their target.
*Air Cannon: Perform a kill during Night which cannot be blocked.
*Warping: Warp someone in front of you to be targeted this Night in your place.
*Shock Inversion: Reflect someone's action onto themselves.
*Infrared Ray: Find out who targetted you during Night.
*Air Walk: Fly away and become untargettable for the Night.
*Combine Quirks: Use two Quirk Abilities on the same Night(besides this one).
*Shock Absorption: Survive one kill attempt made on you.

*The balance of these Sample Roles does not represent the full balance of the game

Players:
  1. Maven89
  2. Z25
  3. Pokechu
  4. Ura
  5. Werekill
  6. UtopianPoyzin
  7. GLG
  8. Dooplissity
  9. ToasterBrains
  10. Praline
  11. The Stoopid Unikorn
  12. Jojalole
  13. GoldenYuiitusin
  14. ShinyLegendary
Phase starts:
Day 1: Starting Line!
Night 1: The Night Does Not Make It To The Night!
Day 2: Relaxing Days Off!
Night 2: He Stopped Twinkling!
Day 3: Do you understand the gravity of the situation?
Night 3: Sugar, Slice and Everything Scarlet
Day 4: Uni ain't nothing but a Hound Dog
Night 4: One Bird With Multiple Stones
Day 5: Dwayne Johnson Dies
Night 5: WinRar Has Been Permanently Deleted
Day 6: Everybody Hates Deku™

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Whoa this even better then my idea in the pm lol.

I’m game

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

dont mind me im just using my cheat engine to get my fave char

OK

I obtained the Nezu. I am Nezu.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
/in

Been so long since my last Mafia game. And MHA has so much meme potential.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
OK guys I cheated I got my role PM early I'm scum, I'm the Ochako girl so dont vote me alright I kind of want to win

but dont worry town I won't kill yall until the end

let's play! =)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
OK guys I cheated I got my role PM early I'm scum, I'm the Ochako girl so dont vote me alright I kind of want to win

but dont worry town I won't kill yall until the end

let's play! =)
“Never fear for I am here!”

Pokechu has been killed

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
/in as co-host so I can intrude in everyone's PMs for the game and nobody can do anything about it at least until Shish gets sick of my lame attempts at ****posting and sacks me

D

Deleted member

I'll only get around to sacking people when we do a Monty Python Mafia

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'll ønly get around tø såcking people when we dø a Monty Python Mafia
Wouldn't a Monty Python mafia just never end if the people responsible for hosting the game get sacked by the people responsible for sacking the people who just got sacked who then get sacked themselves, resulting in the last few roles and flavour being finished at great expense in a completely different style to the rest of it?

Sounds like it can only go well, then.

D

Deleted member

Oh right, the plot.
Just watch the first season, you won't regret it

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
/in

I haven't watched any of the show but if my understanding is right is it's basically X-Men but most the people are younger and it's Japan?

(I'll do some research pregame)

D

Deleted member

I'm just gonna copy paste the TV Tropes synopsis
TV Tropes said:
Over the past century, the human race has been manifesting superpowers known as "Quirks". With 80% of humankind now possessing some kind of Quirk, crime has been amplified to superhuman levels; but in turn, those who seek to use their Quirk to save lives and uphold justice can train to become an officially-licensed hero.

Izuku "Deku" Midoriya is a young and idealistic boy who dreamed of becoming just like his favorite hero, All Might. But his hopes seemed to be shattered when he discovered at the age of four that he's Quirkless, the unlucky one-in-five that would never develop a Quirk. Despite this, he continued to hold onto his dream of becoming a hero some other way, filling countless notebooks with study notes on Quirks and fighting crime.

Yet a chance encounter with All Might himself changes everything when the veteran chooses Midoriya to inherit his Quirk: "One For All". Now Midoriya has a genuine chance to become the kind of hero he always dreamed of and attend U.A. High School, the most prestigious Superhero School in the world. He swears to train his hardest no matter what obstacles try and stop him, and follow in All Might's footsteps as the Symbol of Peace, inspiring all with the belief that everyone can be a hero if they help those in need and never give up.
Now to explain the unique mechanic to this game, that being the two different types of actions: Normal Actions and Quirk Actions.
By default, they don't work any differently but certain abilities will interact differently with others depending on their classification.

"-" indicates an ability

Town Sample Role PM
All Might

You are All Might, the Hero Bulletproof. Your Quirk, One For All, stores energy and can be passed down to another, growing stronger with each generation.

Normal Abilities:
-Weakened Form: losing One For All will make you unable to act or be protected during Night.

Quirk Abilities:
-Detroit Smash: Change the weather with a MIGHTY punch during Day, overruling the Day's lynch.
-Passing the Torch: Pass One For All to someone else, granting them use of all of your Quirk Abilities.

Mafia Sample Role PM
All For One

You are All For One, the Villain Jack-of-all Trades. Your Quirk, All For One, allows you to steal others' Quirks and also give them to others.

Normal Abilities:
N/A

Quirk Abilities:
-All For One: Steal someone's Quirk Abilities for yourself, preventing them from using them for the remainder of the game.
*Forcible Quirk Activation: Force someone to use their first Quirk Ability(if any) and choose their target.

*The balance of these Sample Roles does not represent the full balance of the game
**This post has been added to the OP

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm just gonna copy paste the TV Tropes synopsis

"-" indicates an ability

Town Sample Role PM
All Might

Normal Abilities:

Quirk Abilities:

Mafia Sample Role PM
All For One

Normal Abilities:
N/A

Quirk Abilities:

**This post has been added to the OP
“doing so will allow that person to not use their quirk for the remainder of the game.”

What the hell... that’s scary! Would be interesting if I’m the main game but it be hard to counter.

Maven89

Smash Master
So a guy I play dnd with just messaged me asking me if I’d be interested in playing an RPG in this setting

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
It's a neat setting. There are superpowers in 80% of the population, and becoming a professional hero (or support staff) is a legitimate career.

The author made it almost like a love letter to American comics, and it shows. It still has the Shonen (naruto etc) tropes, but it's very well done. I could see an rpg setting being fun, depending on the GM.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Are sign-ups still open? If so can I join?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Discord-style @ everyone tag when

Just go through the last two or three games and tag everyone from there, that's what I do.

and if that fails I'll break out my mod toolkit and drag them in here

D

Deleted member

It's been literal years since I've played mafia on this site, it'd be fun to get back into it.
Oh, you've played it before? That makes things easier then lol

I'm about to head out, I'll try tagging people when I'm free

Top Bottom