• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Mafia Academia -- ENDGAME: Bites Za Dusto

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
except scum had minimum two investigators, so getting targeted by scum is good unless it's the NK and he has a reflect for survival anyway

pretend you're making this setup. if you give him bloodcurdle for quirk flavor reasons, why would you give him a wincon where using bloodcurdle can **** him over by blocking investigatives?

i also dont see there being two scum, I'm not sure why you bring this up?
Why give him blood curdle? Balance. It’s not a challenge if he can do whatever the hell he wants at ease. He needs some restriction. A high risk high reward strategy is basically what third parties come down to. Not to mention I’ve seen worse setups.

Actually going by that logic,

Why does deku not have a quirk? Sure it’s big part of his character and morals, but logically why not give him one? He gets a quirk episode four and the over arching plot involves him taking it and making it his own so he can fight for people who don’t have quirks and want to be true heroes.

A big part of the show is deku adjusti g and learning how to use his quirk. So why does deku have no quirk here? The answe?

Who honestly knows. That’s to ask shishoe after. You can’t assume someone is lying because their role sounds kind of funny.

Moving on.

We killed two scum. A typical mafia setup will have 4 scum. However with a smaller player base like this one, it usually is 3.

So I said I doubt there’s only two scum in this game and a tp.

It has to be 3 scum and a tp. Because tp acts like a fourth scum ala traditions but because of the smaller player base it be a bit cheap if he was against town.

That’s why a tp works here. Especially one who doesn’t align with heroes or villains. It’s up to whoever has the role to pick a side and go from there.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm not talking about flavor ffs. flavor is worthless.

from a mechanics perspective it doesn't make any sense to give Ura a wincon that is actively hampered by using his ability.

i also agree that it's 3 scum + tp and I always have, so I still have no idea why you bring this up. ura is TP. ura is also probably lying about his wincon.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

from a mechanics perspective it doesn't make any sense to give Ura a wincon that is actively hampered by using his ability.

i also agree that it's 3 scum + tp and I always have, so I still have no idea why you bring this up. ura is TP. ura is also probably lying about his wincon.
If there’s one more scum and we lynch ura. We likely lose.
Scum would easily manipulate the vote or get the last kill they need.

As for mechanics I don’t get why you think my proposal that it’s for balance doesn’t work.

And mechanics wise deku should have still had a quirk.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord

Yeah I thought it was strange that two of uras abilities would make it harder to achieve his wincon. Also, obviously people make up new things in mafia all the time but I’ve never heard of anything remotely close to uras wincon, which is partially why I still want to lynch him today because I would hate for it to become day 7 and have the game end with an ura win that we let happen because we let a claimed TP live multiple days.

I’m still not 100% certain whether or not you or penguin are the last scum. And you made this point earlier that it still is entirely 100% possible that Poyzon performed the night kill night 2. I’m going to reread Day 3 later today because I feel like someone else was role blocked day 3 but I’m not entirely sure.

I do think you need to be “lynched” today though because I’m not confident enough in your townness to let you get to lylo with the ability you’ve claimed.

Also this probably doesn’t make sense with the post I’ve quoted but 100% think that trying to discuss flavorwise which character is or isn’t in the game is an excercise in futility. I think it’s one thing to guess whether or not a host would put a role in mechanically, but whether or not a host would put a character into the game is really just a waste of time.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
If there’s one more scum and we lynch ura. We likely lose.
Scum would easily manipulate the vote or get the last kill they need.
Do you think scum has some voting power that would essentially end the game if it’s a three person lylo?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Really I see no viable choice other than a Doop Lynch this phase. If he really as a lynch-proof PR, then we need to take it away from him this phase.
i'm far too tired to deal with this bull**** after travelling all day

ura, for the nth time, I think you are TP. I also think you might be lying because it makes no sense to play against your wincon by throwing away whatever chance you had to win by raging against mafia (the night after they killed the bodyguard, no less)
Again, see D3. Was literally trying to get every single investigative role on me. Stop trying to create a narrative here.
also, to back up my point against ura, it makes no sense mechanically to have a player in the game who can't win anymore

leaving a player in the game with no win-con just encourages them to plunge it and play kingmaker. imagine what happens if you do that and the TP decides to swing the game for Scum instead, e.g. by claiming a false cop-hit and burning 1-2 lynches? or self-voting in a 2-1-2 Lylo? town gets totally hosed.

lynchers exit with a loss if their target dies at night. every other TP role I've seen that can lose before endgame exits upon an inevitable loss

the fact that ANYONE is trusting ANYTHING Ura says is baffling to me, nevermind what seems to be majority agreement.
Except for the fact that i'm still able to play this game? No where in my wincon or Role PM does it say that I automatically die if the investigatives are done for. Talk about putting words in to my own mouth.

And again, how the **** am I supposed to know who's who and who's bluffing? Like ****, all I know is that I need to get investigatives to search me two nights in a row and I won. It reached to a point where I realized that no matter what I did, no one was bothering to do that and I wasn't prepared to come out and outright say what I wanted to do for obvious reasons beforehand.
ok, let's play flavor

why the **** is eraser head here?

why the **** is a guy from the manga here?

why the **** don't I claim literally anything else when I'm last to claim and could literally claim any character safely?

why the **** does Stain, the Hero Killer, win by being investigated repeatedly?

Why the **** do you trust Ura AT ALL? He's proven he has a reflect and a block. He's proven NOTHING related to his wincon, and even acted directly opposed to what he says it is. Hell, he ****ing BLOCKS people, which would hurt his supposed wincon. That would stop them from investigating him if they targeted him, and would also delay them a night if they wanted to investigate elsewhere...
Yeah, you're trying to frame me big time. It's not happening Doop.

What my wincon is is not my control. I think it's a stupid wincon as well and i'm going to make my case for that when the game is over but the bottom line is that I have no control over it.

And again, mad tunnel vision coming from you especially after I keep pointing to D3 which you like to conveniently forget. Somehow, everything you try to do just makes me more weary of you as scum. Especially after I have a plan that will end Mafia for good that you continue to sabotage.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Legit Doop is mad chessing me with his ignorance. He either had his head so far up his ass or is a very persistent Mafioso. Sorry but I had to say that.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Also while I’m here.
Just a penguin Just a penguin

I want info on your actions last night and quote this post.
Last night I used my Intercept action to intercept what Ura was going to do. Doop wasn't as sketchy then, and I took a blind guess to stop a mafia from killing someone who could help with the mafia investigation and clear my somewhat sketchy name, making it easier to find who really did it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Last night I used my Intercept action to intercept what Ura was going to do. Doop wasn't as sketchy then, and I took a blind guess to stop a mafia from killing someone who could help with the mafia investigation and clear my somewhat sketchy name, making it easier to find who really did it.
I was never intercepted tho.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Really I see no viable choice other than a Doop Lynch this phase. If he really as a lynch-proof PR, then we need to take it away from him this phase.

Again, see D3. Was literally trying to get every single investigative role on me. Stop trying to create a narrative here.

Except for the fact that i'm still able to play this game? No where in my wincon or Role PM does it say that I automatically die if the investigatives are done for. Talk about putting words in to my own mouth.

And again, how the **** am I supposed to know who's who and who's bluffing? Like ****, all I know is that I need to get investigatives to search me two nights in a row and I won. It reached to a point where I realized that no matter what I did, no one was bothering to do that and I wasn't prepared to come out and outright say what I wanted to do for obvious reasons beforehand.

Yeah, you're trying to frame me big time. It's not happening Doop.

What my wincon is is not my control. I think it's a stupid wincon as well and i'm going to make my case for that when the game is over but the bottom line is that I have no control over it.

And again, mad tunnel vision coming from you especially after I keep pointing to D3 which you like to conveniently forget. Somehow, everything you try to do just makes me more weary of you as scum. Especially after I have a plan that will end Mafia for good that you continue to sabotage.
I could use Erase if Ring Bell is a Quirk Ability.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do you think scum has some voting power that would essentially end the game if it’s a three person lylo?
Character: Shinso
Quirk Brainwash.

I have no normal. My redirect is only usable if I have a quote from someone, as shinsho’s ability in he show only works if people answer his question.

Targets each night:
1) werekill to golden
2) Ura to praline
3) Pokechu to Ura
4)utopia to just a penguin
5)kary to Ura

Yes Ura was gonna get hit a lot lol. J figured he was scum so I wanted to direct potential scum to him.

So you targeted some why?

Doop or even kary has much more merit to be targeted.

Also what’s your intercept do again?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 are you notified if your target didn't do anything on the night you use your ability?
No I don’t k ow if they acted or not. I only know it’s acted when I redirected him to praline. Because his relfelctor told me my action failed because I was redirected to myself

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
No I don’t k ow if they acted or not. I only know it’s acted when I redirected him to praline. Because his relfelctor told me my action failed because I was redirected to myself

Okay, gotcha. Which means penguin was blocked on night 4 and wouldn’t have been able to perform the night kill that night.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
N4 was also the night I attempted to Blood Scrape GLG only to be re-directed to Red Ryu (who was killed that Night).
Character: Shinso
Quirk Brainwash.

I have no normal. My redirect is only usable if I have a quote from someone, as shinsho’s ability in he show only works if people answer his question.

Targets each night:
1) werekill to golden
2) Ura to praline
3) Pokechu to Ura
4)utopia to just a penguin
5)kary to Ura

Yes Ura was gonna get hit a lot lol. J figured he was scum so I wanted to direct potential scum to him.
TBH I don't even mind being a guinea pig given that i'm expendable in this game. So long as Mafia gets screwed over.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
But regardless, either way if Doop tries to prevent his lynch, i'll just RB Penguin and Z will re-direct Doop on to himself.

Mafia loses either way. Game, Set, & Match.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I thought it was strange that two of uras abilities would make it harder to achieve his wincon. Also, obviously people make up new things in mafia all the time but I’ve never heard of anything remotely close to uras wincon, which is partially why I still want to lynch him today because I would hate for it to become day 7 and have the game end with an ura win that we let happen because we let a claimed TP live multiple days.

I’m still not 100% certain whether or not you or penguin are the last scum. And you made this point earlier that it still is entirely 100% possible that Poyzon performed the night kill night 2. I’m going to reread Day 3 later today because I feel like someone else was role blocked day 3 but I’m not entirely sure.

I do think you need to be “lynched” today though because I’m not confident enough in your townness to let you get to lylo with the ability you’ve claimed.

Also this probably doesn’t make sense with the post I’ve quoted but 100% think that trying to discuss flavorwise which character is or isn’t in the game is an excercise in futility. I think it’s one thing to guess whether or not a host would put a role in mechanically, but whether or not a host would put a character into the game is really just a waste of time.
thank you

I agree 100% that I need to be lynched today to prove my ability.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
But regardless, either way if Doop tries to prevent his lynch, i'll just RB Penguin and Z will re-direct Doop on to himself.

Mafia loses either way. Game, Set, & Match.
yeah no you're way too confident about this when you have no idea what the last scum does.

strongman that bypasses block/redirect dunks the game, for example

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
also, unless I'm mistaken, z25 is not conftown? he's proven he can redirect but that's an insanely strong Town ability and Kary didn't have him as Town

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
yeah no you're way too confident about this when you have no idea what the last scum does.

strongman that bypasses block/redirect dunks the game, for example
Naw I think i'm good. No need for paranoia when everything is coming together.
also, unless I'm mistaken, z25 is not conftown? he's proven he can redirect but that's an insanely strong Town ability and Kary didn't have him as Town
Z has confirmed his cred many times in the game. Targeting Mafiaoso's and going after potential scum targets like he thought I was beforehand.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
ah yes, when planning around roles that could possibly exist is "paranoia"

kary didn't think so on Z and he was pretty spot on this game

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord

I think the biggest point toward z being town was that z was the first to call praline our for their bs claim. And they knew ura was reflecting before ura claimed the night they reflected.

It’s like day play is why we think z25 is town and mechanically they’re so proven to be a redirect.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Well lets put it in perspective...

The only way a strongman kill happens is if either my target on Penguin fails or Z's redirect on you fails. It'll be pretty easy to tell regardless.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Well lets put it in perspective...

The only way a strongman kill happens is if either my target on Penguin fails or Z's redirect on you fails. It'll be pretty easy to tell regardless.
Strongman kills are kills that can’t be blocked by roleblockers...

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think the biggest point toward z being town was that z was the first to call praline our for their bs claim. And they knew ura was reflecting before ura claimed the night they reflected.

It’s like day play is why we think z25 is town and mechanically they’re so proven to be a redirect.
yes, but I am also town by dayplay, fervently pushed Poyzin, and am also about to prove my role...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Strongman kills are kills that can’t be blocked by roleblockers...
Yeah I messed up a bit with the logic. The last Mafioso could kill and be undetected if that were the case. My RB would be null as would Z's redirect.

But like, i'll consider that possibility if it were to happen. Because right now, that's only an assumption and we're closing in on Mafia.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On top of my proof. Since apparently doop wants more. Did you forget I was the one to start the lynch on praline? Why would I go after them if scum when no one thought of them as such?

On top of the fact there was clear pre game set up for my restriction and ability. So yes doop I am town and confirmed even if you don’t want to believe it.

As for the plan tonight. Ura can block penguin.

And I’ll redirect doop to Ura if he’s still alive. That way ura would die and we know doop is scum, or penguin will be blocked and there will be no kill thus they are scum

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
On top of my proof. Since apparently doop wants more. Did you forget I was the one to start the lynch on praline? Why would I go after them if scum when no one thought of them as such?

On top of the fact there was clear pre game set up for my restriction and ability. So yes doop I am town and confirmed even if you don’t want to believe it.

As for the plan tonight. Ura can block penguin.

And I’ll redirect doop to Ura if he’s still alive. That way ura would die and we know doop is scum, or penguin will be blocked and there will be no kill thus they are scum
I'm down with being the guinea pig in this case as I mentioned before.

There is the possibility of a strongman but like I said i'll believe it when I see it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Does D6 end in 15 minutes or an hour and 15 minutes?

Top Bottom