• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Guidelines to keep in mind!
1) The thread is to be treated as a thread for discussing the show and things related to the show; not as a purely social thread with offhand references to the show 2) If people begin to get off topic, don't join in or sit on the sidelines, use the report feature to help prevent the thread deteriorating and getting locked again. 3) There will be a higher staff presence in the thread.

With that said, enjoy your stay here in Ponyville. Don't be a stranger!

About the Show
I've been pushing the new My Little Pony series all over smashboards since like... November, and people have started to actually take notice. Probably because it's gotten even more popular since then. Therefore, time to make a thread about it.

Now first off, you're probably asking the question.

And the answer is... It's not just a show for little girls! Sure it's made with them in mind, but the things people think of when they hear "little girl's show" aren't a part of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I know, you're looking at that title and going "Yeah right!" When you think of "little girl's show" you're probably thinking of those awful Barbie movies, Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, or the old My Little Pony series. All these shows are about frufru girly garbage. You watch it and want to kill yourself.

This series, however, is more akin to old Cartoon Network cartoons and in some cases employs the good old Looney Toons/Tom and Jerry shenanigans we all know and love. Remember when people dropped pianos and anvils on other people? Yeah, that happens in this show. Surely any cartoon fan knows Craig McCracken, the creator of shows like Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. Well his wife, Lauren Faust, who also worked on many of Craig's projects, is the person in charge of this here cartoon. That gives it merit on its own!

How else does this cartoon separate itself from others? Aside from what is arguably the best use of flash animation in a cartoon ever, every character is unique and lovable in their own way. It can be hard to pick a favorite, as you'll love every character for different reasons. Your typical "little girl's show" usually has every character being the one-dimensional girlygirl. In this show, there's only one character interested in "fashion" and such, and even she's far from the typical girlygirl.

But enough of that.

--------------------------------------------

Episodes
Youtube Channels ___ |

MAST3RLINKX | HD episodes, brought to us by SWF's resident MASTRLINKX.
pensivepony | Channel that's frequently first to have the latest episode.
MenloMarseilles | All episodes taken directly from the Hubworld website.
Shadowdemon137 | All episodes from the iTunes downloads.
Downloads |
Episode Downloads | As much as I'd love to give you a link, you'll need to use some google-fu for this.
iTunes | Episodes available through iTunes with decent quality, but colors are extremely washed out.
It's the genereal consensus of the community that the first two episodes are not strong starting episodes and it's recommended that you don't judge the series based on those two alone.

Refer to this guide for episodes that are good to start with.
This is normally a guide for people who want to SHOW somebody the show, but you're a big boy now and we shouldn't have to hold your hand through this.

Also let it be known that the colors for episodes, from true colors to most washed out, goes in the order of:
Hubworld Webrips > Standard Definition > High Definition > iTunes Downloads

Community
Fansites |
Equestria Daily | The go-to site for all pony fans. Regularly updated with pony news and fan created content.
Derpy Hooves | A less popular fansite with a Derpy Hooves twist.
MLP:FiM Wiki | Wiki for the series.
Chans
4chan's /co/ | The place where all this pony stuff started. Unfortunately, 4chan links aren't allowed. Not like it's hard to find. Google it.
413chan /co/ Archive | All /co/ pony threads are archived on 413chan. However, I can't post 4chan archives either. Google it.
Ponychan | A chan site dedicated entirely to pony.
FiMchan | Another pony focused chan. Take your pick.

Art, Music, and Games
Art |
Ponibooru | Anonymous image repository for all fan created content.
Bronibooru | Another booru, though much less popular.
Music Unofficial Soundtrack ___ | Equestria Daily link to high quality songs from the show.
Eurobeat Brony | Remixes done by equestria-wide famous remixer, Eurobeat Brony.
Everything Else | Equestria Daily's media archive. Look under the music section. Far too many remixes to count.
Games Equestria Gaming | Blog focused on the many fan-made pony games in the works.

Miscellaneous
SWF and Brawl ___ |
BroHoof Xat | Our personal SWF brony xat chat.
Pony BRSTMs | Brawl music h4x made by SWF's ~automatic.
Pony Textures | Pony themed Brawl textures made by SWF's Mink.
Merchandise UCEquines | Fan-made shoes.
TangibleCute | Fan-made shirts.
PonyOnly | More fan-made shirts.
Shirt Brony | MORE fan-made shirts.
Shirts by Shift | EVEN MORE fan-made shirts.
Elements of Brony | I think we need more fan-made shirts.
Pony Vector Tees | MOOOOOOOORE.
WeLoveFine | MOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAR.
Red Bubble | Em oh ar ee.
Etc Pony Steam Group | Pony group for Steam gamers.
Pony Countdown | A countdown timer for the next episode of pony.
rainbowdash.net | Pony themed Twitter.

Social Group
http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=2499

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
ALWAYS I WANNA BE WITH YOU, MAKE BELIEVE WITH YOU, AND TO HOMANYHOMANAY AAAAAAAAIEEEEEEEEE.

Open your eyes. Feel the emotion.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Well, it's not like we didn't really need one. Yours was a blog, the other was a character general, and not everyone has access to the DR.

PR works great.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still dig this Dash wallpaper.

One of the better humanized ponies out there.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The difference here is that Panty and Stocking sucks.

Also, I don't really like these human interpretations, but meh.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm assuming Suited for Success for the 8 millionth time.

I am very tempted to post every madmax comic so far.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
As you command. And it'll help everybody too lazy to go through ED to find 'em all.

This is gonna be huge btw.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I watched the song portion again.

HOWEVER, I squeezed in two showings of Applebuck Season.
Zajice, you forget one thing about Suited for Success:

Applejack is in that episode.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
this whole internet bandwagoning obsession with My Little Pony really creeps me out. it's not just this forum but another forum as well ,where the average user is a bit older than SWF.

just creepy.

also, I'm probably gonna move this to the Media Metro so you guys can creep it up in there. creeps

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Haters gonna hate, I suppose.
Just don't knock it 'til you try it.

It's legitimately a good show.

I can't wait for the new episode to be uploaded tomorrow.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm not discounting that at all. It very well could be a great show. Could be the greatest children's show ever created.

doesn't make it any less creepy for people who are older than 10, are most likely male, and are infatuated with the show enough to make a forum topic about it and have My Little Pony avatars and signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom