• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General 2: Resurrection

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer

- - - - - - - - - -​

Welcome to the all-new MLP General, back from a good two-year-long slumber. The go-to source for all your small horse needs here on Smashboards. I've been given the go-ahead to make a new thread, as long as this one stays under control. As such, here's a few things to keep in mind so we can keep this thread from following in the drunken, erratic hoofsteps of the last.

Thread Rules
  • This thread is for discussing the show and things related to the show. It is not a social thread for posting about whatever you feel like. Avoid fandom gossip and getting too "meta." Just stick to the ponies.
  • Stay on the topic of MLP. Don't derail the thread with completely unrelated topics and don't join in with those who do. Use the report feature for people who cause trouble.
  • Don't come here just to flame if you have a problem with MLP. Everyone has heard it already. All it will do is make you look like an idiot and possibly get reported. We'll gladly tell you why we like the show in a civil manner if you're simply curious, however.
  • Don't feed the parasprites.
Keep all that in mind and enjoy your stay here in Ponyville!

- - - - - - - - - -

If you're just itching to talk about something other than ponies, join us in our Discord server!
We'll chat about anything, even ponies!

https://discord.gg/012M5RORcrwEGXvqt

We also have our old xat, but it's much less active than it used to be.
http://xat.com/BroHoof

- - - - - - - - - -​

Official Hub Website
Has the newest episodes for viewing when they first air, among other things.
MLP Wiki
A wiki for everything you could ever want to know about pony.
Derpibooru
Pony image board! For when you need pictures of ponies.
Equestria Daily
All the latest pony news!
Derpy Hooves News
All the latest pony news, but from another newspaper!
MLP Reddit
Subreddit dedicated to the show. For when you just can't get enough pony.
MLP Steam Group
For when you need ponies in your video games.
Fighting is Magic: Tribute Edition
Pony fighting game. Downloads and instructions for multiplayer inside.
The Old Thread
For archive purposes.

- - - - - - - - - -​

A couple topics to start the thread off:
  • Season 4! Was it hype? Was the finale hype? RIP Treehouse.
  • Season 5! How do you think it's gonna go? What's it gonna be about? Can Twilight into princess?
  • The comics! The comics are still being steadily released and are packed with as much content, if not more than the show. They also tend to be more mature. Seriously, check them out if you haven't yet.
  • Equestria Girls 2: Rainbow Rocks! What are your thoughts? Don't you just wish they'd make a movie without the humans and the high school?
  • - Comic Con panel for season 5 and EG2! They just talked a whole bunch about what's to come at Comic Con. Discuss!

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
The return. Older, wiser, and hated.
RIP Golden Oaks Library, you had the best slumber party.
Onwards to Season 5.

Will critique OP in the future.

Idea Edits:
  • If they're strict about "meta talk", sounds like we'd have to hold back on image posting. Rather not have multitudes of image-only posts, which could fall under spamming as in the previous thread.
  • The IDW comics should be fair to talk about, but posting actual pages might get us flagged for copyright issues.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
YAY!

S4 was good but the Finale was the best Finale out of the 4 seasons

We can pretty much assume that AB is going to get an episode with Princess Luna since it happened with Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle

Also @ Zajice Zajice I'm going to take that trotting Rarity in your sig and use it in mine..
If that's alright with you...

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
I'm disliking the plot to Equestria Girls 2 more than the first one particularly because of the focus being on the battle of the bands stuff, which I don't care too much about.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I know TBBAP over dramatizes itself a lot, but I share their general sentiments concerning EG in its entirety. :applejack:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
A couple topics to start the thread off:
  • Season 4! Was it hype? Was the finale hype? RIP Treehouse.
  • Season 5! How do you think it's gonna go? What's it gonna be about? Can Twilight into princess?
  • The comics! The comics are still being steadily released and are packed with as much content, if not more than the show. They also tend to be more mature. Seriously, check them out if you haven't yet.
  • Equestria Girls 2: Rainbow Rocks! What are your thoughts? Don't you just wish they'd make a movie without the humans and the high school?
  • - Comic Con panel for season 5 and EG2! They just talked a whole bunch about what's to come at Comic Con. Discuss!
Season 4 didn't disappoint and made up for what voids Season 3 had left. Try not to overhype the finale, but it was a blast. I haven't watched the tribute video, but I'm wondering if there was a compilation of every scene that featured Golden Oaks Library in its entirety.

I really hate guessing and trying to estimate what the next season would be. In relation, it's as moot to me as doing to same for Smash 4. Just be patient and enjoy when it arrives.

As for the comics, I only read whenever a $1 sale goes on ComiXology, which the sale was only up to the bookworm arc. Anything further I don't really read even though it's easily available through online means. Content-wise yeah deals with a bit more mature situations and allusions, although the majority of the plot arcs are really questionable.

I'm still against this high school human idea. The plot and such behind EG was cringeworthy, but it did give good entertainment value. So lookaside the bad, and the good shines pretty brightly. Now with RR, the plot has taken an opinionated nose-dive. I just can't fathom why give it that conflict and make the Mane 6 do what they're going to do. Still, only would watch for the entertainment value.

I already made my comment about Season 5 and RR. I'm more interested in finishing reading The Journal of the Two Sisters by Amy Keating Rogers. And assuming what the Comic Con panel said about Cadance's backstory with the Princesses, I might happen upon it during the reads. That said, I'll be pretty mad if that conflicts with G.M. Berrow's Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell. Especially given that the world is under her influence, the canon is as questionable and possibly debunked as much as the comics are.

We can pretty much assume that AB is going to get an episode with Princess Luna since it happened with Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle
And afterwards all three in a counsel with Celestia. Will they go in the right direction this time? Never. But the writers are full of surprises.

Phyanketto

Smash Cadet
Yo, I'm really happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but Gilda is the most unjustly hated scrappy of all time.

Of all time!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Saw the Season 5 animatic from Comic Con. Looks fantastic.
Also saw the teaser of the Battle of the Bands song from EG2. Was awful.

However, more Sunset Shimmer. Good. :applejack:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Not sure if I feel for any of the RR songs. Maybe they'll grow onto me like how EG did. Only cause the MLP Gameloft dance mini game had Opening Theme, This Strange World, Time to Come Together, EG Stomp, and Cafeteria Song which I had to play daily for free in-game stuffs. The only thing I'm looking forward is another rhythm based mini game that'll come from the RR update.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Perfect day for fun is one that i liked from the shorts
And afterwards all three in a counsel with Celestia. Will they go in the right direction this time? Never. But the writers are full of surprises.
I like that idea of a council but i think that they will go in the right direction and finally earn their cutie marks as a result..

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've still got some catching up to do with the show, but I'm loving it so far.

As someone who just dislikes humanization in general (the biggest issue I have with it is that it takes away a majority of the appeal the characters have as animals/robots/some original fictional creature. There's a reason why the characters aren't human in the first place) I have no intention of even trying to watch Equestria Girls. I've read a little about the plot of it, and that's good enough for me.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
I've still got some catching up to do with the show, but I'm loving it so far.

As someone who just dislikes humanization in general (the biggest issue I have with it is that it takes away a majority of the appeal the characters have as animals/robots/some original fictional creature. There's a reason why the characters aren't human in the first place) I have no intention of even trying to watch Equestria Girls. I've read a little about the plot of it, and that's good enough for me.
Still haven't decided if I'm gonna watch it myself. I think the character's clothing designs are really good, accurate representations of them (aside from Twilight's), so much to the point of getting them for my little sister's Animal Crossing: New Leaf file. (I'm the mayor, she's a citizen, she even named her character Rarity)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The clothing designs completely contradict Rainbow Dash and Applejack's personalities, and are uninspired beyond the type of clothing that each wears. They lack creativity and any semblance of style.

EG's Mane Six clothing design is objectively terrible. :applejack:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I don't really see the mane 6 wearing their EG casual clothing. Especially Fluttershy's tank. Maybe less critical of their dance dresses. RR outfits in relation to CMC Show Stoppers.
:phone:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Spoilers incoming collapsing for those who need to catch up..
so after S4 can we assume that Discord won't betray the ponies again? And how will foes be able to stand a chance against the mane 6 with rainbow power being inside them as opposed to them having necklaces on?

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
In a general explanation so I don't want to deal with collapse on mobile, I don't think they'd recycle something that big especially for that episode unless Hasbro forces them for toy line reasons. The way they resolved him was more logical than in Keep Calm and Flutter On.

It feels like it's only a urgent feeling and maybe the power shifted with the tree house.

Actually I take all it back. Too much theorizing and I sound like a fool.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
My headcanon that Discord planned the entirety of the Season 4 finale in order to help Twilight remains strong. :applejack:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Worked in Threes a Crowd, gotta get that piece of trust. Ancient wisdom and strategy is also on his side.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
My headcanon that Discord planned the entirety of the Season 4 finale in order to help Twilight remains strong. :applejack:
I don't think he planned everything tbh the way he sounded after his betrayal seemed like he was being sincere. Though he did help the mane 6 solve the riddle of the box which seems like he planned it.. Discord is a mystery wrapped inside of an enigma...

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I'm saying that he was being honest when he was betrayed but at the same time wondering what parts he did plan because it does seem like he planned a few things. His reaction to the Princess' giving up their magic is another thing that tells me that he didn't plan everything..

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
I guess it's my time to post.

Imagine if Sombra comes back and sees the new library which is basically a big-ass crystal. Mayhaps he and Spike will duke it out over who gets, like, the tastiest part.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Demspoilers

Honestly I wish my mom's boyfriend would get off his lazy arse and get us a new home internet connection; it's been too long since I've watched an episode.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I want to
jump on
Rainbow Dash's
bed.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've caught up hugely thanks to the recent Mare-a-thons from the past few days. Loved every episode that I managed to catch, but there are still a few major episodes that I really need to see, including the two parts of S4's finale.

I listened to one song from Equestria Girls, but other than that I'm still intent on avoiding all things EG

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So I recently got to watch and download the S4 Finale. Now "Let the Rainbow Remind You" is stuck in my head.
The songs from the season finales always get stuck in my head. I feel nostalgia hearing them again and think about the 3+ years I've been apart of the fandom. It has been a ride.

Can't remember much of any of the songs from Equestria Girls, unsurprisingly. I only watched it once and wasn't really on the "hype train" leading up to its premier (I think I only watched one of the spoilers).

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
The songs from the season finales always get stuck in my head. I feel nostalgia hearing them again and think about the 3+ years I've been apart of the fandom. It has been a ride.

Can't remember much of any of the songs from Equestria Girls, unsurprisingly. I only watched it once and wasn't really on the "hype train" leading up to its premier (I think I only watched one of the spoilers).
The songs in EG were alright but nothing special compared to Let the Rainbow Remind You, Babs Seed, and the Smile Song.

Top Bottom