• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My little pony friendship is something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
hello dear smash fellows,

I have just one little question that tortures me for a while.

Every day after work I check a couple a boards and I found at least one pony per board.
Today for example I browsed this board and had no clue what thread I should read so I clicked on the newest post which leads me to the peach social and the first thing I found was a picture with two lesbian ponys and I just thought wtf is this weird crap.:glare:

Why is nearly everyone so obsessed with this ponys?
Why does every third user of any board have a pony as avatar or signature?
What is the magic behind those ponys?

I really dont get it.
Did I miss something?

Please help me I really want to understand this obviously overrated trend of ponys.
they are everywhere!

thanks in advance.

PS: I hope these is the right board to ask :awesome:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
lonely or bored people on the internet looking to connect with others over something, but their lives are so culturally devoid of anything of substance that they grasp at an average cartoon for little girls and completely blow their fandom out of proportion in an effort to give themselves an identity.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
lonely or bored people on the internet looking to connect with others over something, but their lives are so culturally devoid of anything of substance that they grasp at an average cartoon for little girls and completely blow their fandom out of proportion in an effort to give themselves an identity.
thats rather harsh LT.
More like that's the most amazing and spot-on analysis ever LT.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
almost everyone with pony avatars have them because it makes others uncomfortable, its like an inside joke (haha why would a grownass man like a cartoon about ponies for girls? because its ~*~ironic~*~) except they dont actually watch MLP. only a very small percentage of people with pony avatars actually watch the show or legtiimately enjoy it for its content, and they are creepy scum who thrive off of their newfound experiences of inclusion.

edit: seriously just do a google image search for "brony meetup" LOL all these guys are disgusting losers

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I understand why the show is good and is much better than the old one.

The fanbase trying to shove it everywhere annoys me to no end. I don't mind people who are suttle with it, there are others who are obnoxious with it.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I used to hate everything about it, including the people who obsess over it.

But I realised it's just not for me, people are free to like what they want and flaunt it if they feel like it.

It's pretty easy to ignore the avatars and signatures and you aren't really obliged to enter the pony threads, unless you are a mod. :troll:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Don't get me wrong. I don't have any vendetta or hate for MLP or bronies. I do think it's very weird, and what I said earlier is very much how I feel about the whole bandwagon. I don't really care though as long as it's mostly kept to the appropriate sections.

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
thanks for all the replys
I think we solved the pony puzzle :grin:

^
this is by far the creepiest thing I've ever read

if this is serious this guy has a problem :x

almost everyone with pony avatars have them because it makes others uncomfortable, its like an inside joke (haha why would a grownass man like a cartoon about ponies for girls? because its ~*~ironic~*~) except they dont actually watch MLP. only a very small percentage of people with pony avatars actually watch the show or legtiimately enjoy it for its content, and they are creepy scum who thrive off of their newfound experiences of inclusion.

edit: seriously just do a google image search for "brony meetup" LOL all these guys are disgusting losers

this is so obvious lol
of course it's all about trolling
shame on me that I couldn't figure it out by myself :D

Thank goodness the world will not drown in ponys

btw the chick with the pink wig in the second pic looks hot xP

It's pretty easy to ignore the avatars and signatures and you aren't really obliged to enter the pony threads, unless you are a mod. :troll:
well when I click on the peach social I don't expect lesbian ponys :troll:

to put it in a nutshell: It's just a internet phenomenon in order to troll other people.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't really buy that. I'm sure there are lots of people who use MLP solely to troll, but it's not like this makes up the entire memebase. There are BRONY MEETUPS for chrissakes. Who exactly is being trolled here? I certainly am not feeling trolled as I look at all these disgusting fat dudes wearing pony necklaces hanging out together to (I assume) talk about their adoration of their pony cartoons. I'm just feeling very amused.

and furthermore, the bronies on this site are generally really mild-mannered and polite and for the most part they keep the pony stuff in the MLP thread. Doesn't seem like trolling, but a real attempt at a community.

nothing wrong with it. though it's kinda sad and weird in my eyes but whatever gets you happy!

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
I don't really buy that. I'm sure there are lots of people who use MLP solely to troll, but it's not like this makes up the entire memebase. There are BRONY MEETUPS for chrissakes. Who exactly is being trolled here? I certainly am not feeling trolled as I look at all these disgusting fat dudes wearing pony necklaces hanging out together to (I assume) talk about their adoration of their pony cartoons. I'm just feeling very amused.

and furthermore, the bronies on this site are generally really mild-mannered and polite and for the most part they keep the pony stuff in the MLP thread. Doesn't seem like trolling, but a real attempt at a community.

nothing wrong with it. though it's kinda sad and weird in my eyes but whatever gets you happy!

One the one hand I don't wanna say that ALL the pony things are used for trolling
of course there is a great fan base, just god knows why, you can like what ever makes you happy even if it is a girly pony.

but on the other hand
smash board is not the only board I read on a daily base
there are some other boards with so much ponys and I had no clue why but with the troll theory everthing makes so much sense to me. :awesome:

and yeah this board is great not to much trolling, I really enjoy it <3

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I remember the commotion w/ eighteenspikes being somwhat concerned, that he justs tells others about the problem or what not.
Then there's people complaining the pony takeover with 260+ chars of caps.
I also know what I've done on World smash hip hop. Shouldn't have done that of course. Luckily, I just got off with a warning.

As far as this commotion is going, people aren't going stop calling me a f**.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Those horse head things in the second picture really creep me out...

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
this is a perfect example of the trolling kind of MLP "fan". Read this article... it says literally nothing about the show. Just how great it is. The beginning also purports the viewer will "come out more of a man than [he] ever [was] before" and "indulge in a sense of acceptance and understanding", ostensibly to defuse (but actually to incite) skepticism over the content. It also has a lot of "chan-style" "image macros" which are commonly used in low effort trolling. This leads me to believe that Anthon1996 is not a 15 year old born on 6/9, but a grownass man who likes a cartoon about ponies for girls, ~*~ironically~*~. i mad!!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Which is why I somewhat have given up on this whole "MLP fandom" seriously it's a show made for little girls, yet from what I've seen, it's mostly just grown up guys that are so into it, it's obnoxious to see a bunch of "4chan" type pics being spammed most of the time, I have nothing agaisnt the show itself, just it's fanbase with it's meme.

:phone:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Soooo there's a thread about this show in the Media Metropolis, and for every good post in here there are multiple that barely bypass spam or flaming or trolling on the thin gray line.

The Media Metropolis thread was locked after a massive spamathon.

Also this is the wrong room, this stuff generally goes in the MM as do other things about TV movies and music and all that stuff.

My mod sense is tingling. When the MLP thread in the MM is unlocked (any day now), those of you that are actually interested in this conversation should head on over to ask actual bronies what the deal is and engage them in some (friendly, hostility = infractions) conversation and such. Giving them an actual topic of conversation might help them not spam the place up which is always nice.

Aight den, lockin' now. No more of this in here, y'hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom