• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Jigglypuff combos

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Its good to see that you have the basics down, especially knowing where Rest hits (will be important later on for sure!)

Be careful about playing against computers though, they can get you into bad habits. When it comes to combos, CPUs don't "DI" properly. DI stands for Directional Influence and is a technique players use to alter their direction when getting hit; making it much harder to combo them.

There are other bad habits you can pick up from CPUs as well: Constantly rolling behind them will cause them to miss attacks, but against human players this can get very predictable very quickly.

All in all, playing against CPUs is okay but no substitute for human play (of any level) or even Wifi. When you do play against them, make sure you go into the games trying to LEARN instead of trying to WIN. Trying to win against CPUs will create bad habits while trying to learn (general things like how far an attack reaches, or techniques you've seen in videos/read about) will let you avoid them.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Uair>Uair>Rest is my favorite Jiggz combo. I've pulled it off quite a bit.

But I'm stuck with wifi so it isn't legitimate

D

Deleted member 189823

You should upgrade playing against human players, then you'll get better.
I used to play against CPUs too, but then I started playing with some people I met through Smash and I got alot better.

SoulPech

Smash Master
The issues with the 1st vid is it's not a "true" combo, considering the 2nd fair wouldn't combo with a human player. Although, on some characters, like Donkey Kong, the uair-uair-rest can work if they DI incorrectly or if you read a spot dodge. The 2nd video where Bowser's up-b gets punished does work. The only issue is against a human player, they can DI that and won't die, which will lead to a punish...Bowser can kill you at that percentage. against Bowser, he has to be at least 100% for a guaranteed kill with a rest. If he's at 80, like in the vid, try a dair + rest, which will kill, or do a roll out and hit him on the left side, knocking him off the stage. That would also kill. I think maybe a fresh f-smash will kill too, but not sure X_X

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Does NM even have a scene? Yeah if you haven't noticed combo is a word that is very rarely used in the brawl realm. Call it a string or something.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
those are Jigglypuff combos...

in Melee. Competent players can SDI out of those or air dodge, but you might catch some off guard

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
The 2nd video where Bowser's up-b gets punished does work. The only issue is against a human player, they can DI that and won't die, which will lead to a punish...Bowser can kill you at that percentage. against Bowser, he has to be at least 100% for a guaranteed kill with a rest.
Incorrect, Bowser is only heavy horizontal wise and not vertical, you can kill him at 80 even if they do DI, I've tested this out. DDD on the otherhand is the one you can't kill until 100%.

Top Bottom