• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My horrid attempt at an Aerials Tier List

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
upload_2018-1-9_22-9-11.png

I didn't judge them based on the combos that their aerials can follow up from, I judged the aerials as their own moves, and which are better than others.

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
You are overrating Greninja. Put him down two tiers. Greninja does not have one of the best aerial games in the game. Also switch Sonic and Corrin, all of Sonic's aerials have a ton of landing lag, more than Marth even. Corrin has giant hitboxes on her aerials like Cloud, so she should be higher (Also her Uair is just as borked as Cloud's, it kills so early!) . Olimar has projectile priority on his aerials, which means they have the lowest priority and lose to everything, so down a tier for Olimar. Other than that, good list.

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
Ehh, nobody plays Swordfighter. As for Zelda, her sweetspots are harder to get than tippers.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Ehh, nobody plays Swordfighter. As for Zelda, her sweetspots are harder to get than tippers.
Very few play him, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a good set of aerials. Nair and dair might not be the best, but his bair and fair are decent and his up-air alone should put him significantly higher (arguably one of the best up-airs in the game).
As for Zelda, true, I am well aware of that, which is why as Zelda, I mostly use the other 2 aerials, nair and up-air, both of which are very useful. Nair is a good combo and damage tool at low-mid %s and up-air is a powerful damaging and killing move. Both can also combo out of down-throw.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Corrin should be higher.

Ness should probably be higher, unless you're going by a weighter average or something (his down-air is really bad, but his other aerials are really good). Jigglypuff should probably be higher as well, based on nair, fair, and bair.

Nah

Smash Champion
Is this ordered within tiers or no?

(Also her Uair is just as borked as Cloud's, it kills so early!) .
define "kills so early"

Corrin's Uair seems like it kills at pretty normal percents to me

Routa

Smash Lord
So you are only focusing on aerials as a moves, eh?

When it comes to Zelda's aerials there is one major flaw with Fair, Bair and Dair and that is their horrible hitboxes. Sourspot being far larger than sweetspot along with not that big hitboxes in general do make her aerial kit rather... bad.

As for Swordfigher I do think that if we just look at his aerials he should be placed around B tier. His bair is poor man's Ike bair. But when it comes to other aerials they are rather good. Uair has rather large hitbox and is generally considered to be strongest Uair when it comes to kill power (deals 16% damage). His Nair covers a lot of area and causes pratfall if hit with late hit of the Nair. Fair and Dair are pretty much Kirby's, but disjointed so pretty much straight upgrade add to that Dair having frame 2 landing hitbox which makes it work as low % combo breaker near ground.

As for Wario his aerials aren't that good due to very small hitboxes, low damage output and large hurtboxes.

If you indeed focus on aerial moves only then I would like to know why Ganondorf and Doc are so low. Their aerials are straight upgrades of their counterparts. I just cannot see why would you put them so low in comparison to that of their counterparts.

When it comes to Brawler he pretty much shares his aerials with Mario, but with slightly higher damage output and slightly worse range. So around Mario seems fair placement.

As for Gunner's aerial kit... it is good. Not amazing. Not bad. Just good. His Fair is one of the better aerials in the game due to how safe it is due to the recoil which can be used to Gundash (note that character physics change the distance you will gain from the recoil). It does have rather low damage output which makes it mainly used to keep distance from your opponent. Bair is decently strong and covers upper back area of the character. Uair has the longest hitboxes in the game along with having drag down effect like Sheik's and Greninja's Uair. His Dair is where all things go wrong. Horrible hitbox, 1 frame activity and laggy. I would say around B-C area seems ok.

Eh....

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
define "kills so early"

Corrin's Uair seems like it kills at pretty normal percents to me
It kills early for a move that also has great juggle potential, disjoint, frame data, and anti-air capabilities.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Erm...
What's Lucina doing so much lower than Marth? What's the criteria for putting Pikachu and ZSS between them anyway? Lucina's Bair and Up Air are very strong, her Up Air is a much better combo tool than Marth's, and Lucina can actually have true Aerial>Aerial strings, which Marth basically doesn't have. Fair>Fair, Bair>Fair, Up Air>Bair>Fair, Up Air>Fair>Fair and Up Air>Fair>Up Air are all things she can do and actually be true while Marth either never gets some of those or very rarely gets them.
Also, do you even know enough about every character to make this? Marcina's Aerials aren't as straightforward as they may seem. They're good if they hit, but that's about it. They're pretty unsafe unless max spaced and a lot of times also retreating and they all lag like absolute arse, both on endlag and landing lag.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
User was warned for this post
Erm...
What's Lucina doing so much lower than Marth? What's the criteria for putting Pikachu and ZSS between them anyway? Lucina's Bair and Up Air are very strong, her Up Air is a much better combo tool than Marth's, and Lucina can actually have true Aerial>Aerial strings, which Marth basically doesn't have. Fair>Fair, Bair>Fair, Up Air>Bair>Fair, Up Air>Fair>Fair and Up Air>Fair>Up Air are all things she can do and actually be true while Marth either never gets some of those or very rarely gets them.
Also, do you even know enough about every character to make this? Marcina's Aerials aren't as straightforward as they may seem. They're good if they hit, but that's about it. They're pretty unsafe unless max spaced and a lot of times also retreating and they all lag like absolute arse, both on endlag and landing lag.
Its mostly to piss off lucina believers like yourself. And it worked

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Its mostly to piss off lucina believers like yourself. And it worked
?...
What for? Do you have anything against "Lucina believers"/me? I have better things to do with my time than get pissed off at a random list someone made. Those Touhou games are not going to1cc themselves.
If it's truly an act of spite, I'm not pissed off, sorry. I only pity you for that. I don't recall having done any harm to you to deserve the hostility.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
?...
What for? Do you have anything against "Lucina believers"/me? I have better things to do with my time than get pissed off at a random list someone made. Those Touhou games are not going to1cc themselves.
If it's truly an act of spite, I'm not pissed off, sorry. I only pity you for that. I don't recall having done any harm to you to deserve the hostility.
Oh yes I do have things against lucina believers. You lot think that she deserves to be ranked at the same spot or one to two spots away just because lucina is diet marth. When in reality good old diet marth is barely deserving of top 20

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Oh yes I do have things against lucina believers. You lot think that she deserves to be ranked at the same spot or one to two spots away just because lucina is diet marth. When in reality good old diet marth is barely deserving of top 20
A lot of people believe that. Not just Lucina mains. A lot of Marth mains believe that too. Most Top Players as well. People who use the character (or both her and Marth) extensively tend to reach that conclusion. Are all of us wrong? I don't really like arguing like this, but you don't even play the character - at least not to the level we do - so what makes you right and all of us wrong?

Frankly I'm still a bit baffled you kind of directed this as a bait or as an "attack" to the Lucina community. It just seems so... unnecessary. Most of us just mind our own business and talk about our character like any other person would. I didn't even take offence to the list, I'm just sad you did this out of spite for someone on the internet you don't even know and hardly talk to. Oh, well. My guess is you don't wanna be friends.

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
Corrin's Upair kills earlier than Cloud's Upair and is almost as good at juggling. It also covers an area in an arc and is longer ranged than Marcina's Upair, making it the second best Uair in the game, after Cloud's great Uair.

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
:rosalina::4miisword: might beg to differ.
Forgot about Rosalina, and nobody plays the Miis aside from Dapuffster fans. I think Miis and Palutena should gain access to customs in tourney though, a small 2122 Mii Brawler killing a Bayo at 50% would be fun to see.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
*My horrid attempt at an aerials tier list*

*Doc at bottom 7*

*Miis below Mac*

:ohwell:
At least you were honest.
That’s what I’m saying.

Doc should be several tiers up. Several. Should ideally be next to Mario.

Miis are not to be affiliated with the boxer. The boxer should be deeeeep in a hole by himself. Everyone else at the top

Top Bottom