• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Friends' idea for a "Summit House"

Would you watch a tournament if it was filled with mediocre players

• Yes!

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No!

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

Nametaken121

Smash Rookie
SO.

My Friends and I, after watching this years Summit, are planning on holding an event where Melee players of our school come to my house and play in a short tournament. We came up with the incredible parody name, that is so "creative", for this tournament as the "Some It How sss". With this in mind, we're going to try and recreate some of the events for fun. We have a few questions for the community, and the most important one was,

What should the winners trophy be?

We're thinking about having one for the three main categories. Singles, doubles, and Crews. Please help us by either giving a description, or a drawing for an Idea! Our budget is about 50-60 for each one. Though, if we can't choose, we'll just buy them food.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
If it were that easy to get top players into your home for a week, we'd all be doing it lol. Tournaments take a lot more time/money/work/prep than just acting on a whim, much less an invitational that depends on flying out the best in the world.

I would encourage you to lookup your local scene on facebook though, if you haven't already, and look into establishing your house for regular events if you and your friends were interested. Maybe attend a few of the other locals nearby to get an idea of how things usually go, first. An initiative to hold events is always healthy for the community, so gl if you pursue it (:

Last edited:

Nametaken121

Smash Rookie
If it were that easy to get top players into your home for a week, we'd all be doing it lol. Tournaments take a lot more time/money/work/prep than just acting on a whim, much less an invitational that depends on flying out the best in the world.

I would encourage you to lookup your local scene on facebook though, if you haven't already, and look into establishing your house for regular events if you and your friends were interested. Maybe attend a few of the other locals nearby to get an idea of how things usually go, first. An initiative to hold events is always healthy for the community, so gl if you pursue it (:
This isn't for like a REAL tournament haha, we just thought it would be fun for our melee group (there's about 25-30 of us) to have a similar experience! We kinda just wanna have a good time!

Skwrl

Smash Cadet
With not having top players there you would have to make up for that in some other way. If you figure it out it could be watchable.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
This isn't for like a REAL tournament haha, we just thought it would be fun for our melee group (there's about 25-30 of us) to have a similar experience! We kinda just wanna have a good time!
o, misread. "melee players of our school" is stated p clearly lmao. hf

Bones0

Smash Legend
The entire idea behind a Summit house is to have all good players. If you want to get people from your school together to play, that's awesome, but it's just a Smashfest. lol

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Maybe try streaming an std (smash till dawn) if you guys are up for it. It's pretty self explanatory, just stay up all night and play smash

Top Bottom