• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my friends computer wont turn off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Journeyman
when i click shut down it says "I can't let you do that, Dave."

my name isnt even Dave, what is happening?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Do you have a screenshot of such message?
Which operating system?

Smash Journeyman
No idea what operating system. probably some distro of linux.

The screen has big red circle, and the message actually comes out of the speakers.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Then do try to get a recording of it. It'll help to figure out what's going on.

Try instituting an emergency manual electrical shutoff. There are multiple ways of accomplishing this.

1) Destroy the device.
-Complete submerging in water or some other polar liquid works well. A ground will be needed, so jump into the liquid as well. Complete smashing of the bad electrical object works well, but not guaranteed.

2) Go to the big electrical box and push all switches into the opposite direction.
-Every building has a big command post for electrical thingies. The opposite direction maneuver will deliever an instant shutdown to all things electrical within the building. Success is not always guaranteed due to faulty wiring possible.

3) Pull the plug.
-This is the hardest option of all and takes the most effort. Any electrical device no operating on battery power will connected to an umbilical cord. One will have to follow the cord to the source of birth and rip out the connection. Alternatively, scissors may work as well. No non-conducting scissors can be used due to the possibility for allergic reaction of the user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom