• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"My Friends Are My Power!" Sora Unlocks the Way! (KH 2.8 Revealed, and new KH3 info coming November)

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
No MP gauge. I say this for one reason: People already make the mistake of thinking that Sora would be a Robin clone, no need to add more ammo to those empty claims.

With that being said, I like your ideas. Even with the MP gauge concept, every thing seems extremely well balanced while giving Sora alot too work with.
Remember how when Bowser Jr. was leaked, everyone claimed his Up B was just Diddy modded with a Jr. skin.
I wouldn't say Robin clone, more like "loosely inspired". Kingdom Hearts magic isn't even remotely similar to Fire Emblem magic. And with Dark Pit and Lucina, people shouldn't complain that Sora has magic like Robin but not even. It's a neat idea.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Flaxr XIII Flaxr XIII Interesting ideas.

In one moveset I'm currently writing, the core of Sora's playstyle is the Flowmotion mechanic from KH3D. Unlike most of the sword users already in Smash, mine Sora moveset is much more combo-based; I felt that would reflect well upon his games. His special moves are Keyblade arts, whilst his Smash attacks are magick arts. I've been trying to get it done, but have been swamped with work lately. [Shrugs] At any rate, I intend to post it once I'm finished with it.

...Looking back, I really wish I had mentioned Flowmotion in mine vote for Sora. [Shrugs] Too late.

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
I suppose I should make a potential moveset. Sounds fun.

Jab: In both KH and KHII, Sora has a standard three-hit jab. They're slightly different from each other, but either would be fine.
F-tilt: I like the idea of Vortex. Dodge Slash could work as well.
U-Tilt: Either Slapshot or Upper Slash. Knocks people in the air for aerial combos.
D-tilt: Sliding Dash akin to Mega Man's down tilt.
F-Smash: Blitz, Guard Break, or Zantetsuken would be awesome. Maybe even Gravity Break.
U-Smash: Ripple Drive.
D-Smash: Explosion is so perfect. I considered Stun Impact, but that may be a bit overpowered. Vicinity Break could also work.
Grab and Pummel: Sora grabs and hits them with the hilt of the Keyblade.
F-Throw: Sora throws them and quickly casts Ragnarok, the lasers hitting them as they fly.
U-Throw: Sora throws them up with Aero.
D-Throw: The reaction command Fail-Safe for the Assassin Nobodies would be perfect. Sora jumps and spins around before throwing them downwards.
B-Throw: The Dancer Nobodies fling you around and throw you, I thought it would be funny if Sora did this.
N-air: Hurricane Blast or Aerial Finish would look cool. Aerial Dive, despite its name, could also work.
F-air: Horizontal Slash is great.
U-air: I've been trying to come up with something, but I can't. So, I'll just say Magnet Burst.
D-air: It is a ground move in KHII, but Finishing Leap could work in the air. I'd like if it meteored.
B-air: A backwards version of Aerial Sweep.
Neutral Special: I thought maybe a Peach-style order of Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder.
Side Special: Strike Raid is just so perfect here.
Up Special: I thought maybe Glide. I really can't think of anything else. HMK suggested Air Slide. Perhaps a Flowmotion move.
Down Special: I've seen people suggesting Reflect here, I kinda think Reflect would be better as Sora's shield. I feel Ars Arcanum would be cool, something similar to Marth's Dancing Blade.
Final Smash: I've seen people debate back and forth on whether his Final Smash should be Final form or Trinity Limit. Now, I know that Trinity Limit requires Donald and Goofy, but not in Re:Chain of Memories (yes, I know they're cards). I think that version would work best as his Final Smash. Final Form would be okay, but I personally like Trinity Limit more.
Idle Animation: Sora sits in his typical stance. Looks left to right. Holds up the Keyblade in front of him.
Block: Sora surrounds himself in Reflect while performing his Guard animation.
Spot Dodge: A non-attacking version of Dodge Slash.
Sidestep: Dodge Roll.
Airdodge: Aerial Dodge.
U-Taunt: I like willj803's idea of a potion. Throws it up saying either, "This should help," or, "There."
S-Taunt: "How'd you like that?!"
D-Taunt: Fist pump. Animation from Olympus Coliseum.
Victory Animation 1: "That's the power of the Keyblade!" Spins Keyblade around and puts it over his shoulder, from Olympus Coliseum.
Victory Animation 2: "What'd you expect?" Confidently pats his chest.
Victory Animation 3: "My friends are my power!" Scene from KH3D.
Losing Animation: Sora cheerfully claps for the winner.

I went for a more ability-oriented moveset. I just thought of moves that would translate well into Smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom