• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media My first Smash Montage

Radiant Fates

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bardock2
Switch FC
SW-0580-3555-5810
Hey everyone, I just made my first Smash montage featuring Ike. Just wanted to post it here for any to view if interested. Criticism is welcome as it will help me make any future content like this. This honestly took way longer than it should have, my editor was being stupid so it gave me way more problems than anticipated including my intro just getting deleted for no reason so I replaced it with a crappier version. Anyway, thanks for checking it out. Tellius' Champion.

D

Deleted member 189823

The Aether drag-downs were so bad.

Michael Jackson Bad. Please get the reference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaze Arashi

Smash Journeyman
Queens New York. Occasionally in Smashville
NNID
marshie2014
it's pretty decent for your first montage. Because it's your first time doing these, I can give some pointers.

-some of these clips aren't that "hype". What I mean by that is that there's nothing in there that stands out specifically for ike, such as a character SD. Especially considering the type is a non-meme montage. An SD works best in a meme montage, but not in this type you were going for.

-some parts took WAY too long to happen. A clip should be short and straight forward with little interruption. Missing one attack in the clip is fine, but more than two-three and that's usually not a clip.

-it's a good idea to learn how to edit the clips. If you want to make it funny: adding memes if you want or doing some camera control helps make the clip a lot more interesting. If your doing a more elegant or stylish with no memes: a filter and motion blur helps, as well as a widescreen.

If you want any ideas, here's my latest montage:

Hope this helps!

Top Bottom