• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My dumb idea for Marvel content in Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

Even with it being impossible, i decided to make the ******** work of planning Marvel content for Ultimate. I will write all of my ideas here.

THE FIGHTER
It would be the Fantastic Four (since they represent the beginning of Marvel Comics as we know it today). They work like Duck Hunt Dog in a way: you mostly play as the Thing, but each special attack changes you into another member (Side special is Reed Richards, Down special Susan Storm, Up Special Johny Storm/Spider-Man and neutral special a charged uppercut of the Thing), Spidey will be explained with the costumes.

The Final Smash would be called "Clobbering Time", and it is a team up finisher featuring each one of the Fantastic Four attacking from the Fantasticar (separated in the respective four parts). It ends with the attacks forming a 4 and trapping the rival in a meteor Smash. It is weird to explain, but it is probably better than the way i write it.

THE COSTUMES
Each costume represents different designs from the comics for the suits. One in particular, Future Foundation, changes the Johny Storm attack by Spider-Man. Like Johny, Spider-Man has a target that takes him to the spot it is pointing at (think of this move like the way you throw eggs in Yoshi's Island).
We also have the new costumes from the Dan Slott run, which changes Reed's face to mirror his appearance in them, the White and Blue colours, the ones from the first two movies, the casual clothes that the characters used in their first appearance, the ones that were also used in the infamous PS1 game and the Ultimate costumes.

ASSIST TROPHY
It is Doctor Doom, and he works like in MvC3.

STAGE
The stage will be Manhattan:

In the background, you can see the Baxter Building, the Avengers Tower, Oscorp and the Helicarrrier.

Like the Metal Gears in Shadow Moses, Galactus will sometimes appear. Iron Man, Thor, the Blackbird alongside some X-Men and a few other heroes get there and end in an aerial battle close to Galactus.

Closer to the fighting zone, some characters appear, and change each fight. They are Alicia (the Thing's girlfriend), Annihilus, Namor, Man-Mole, Super Skrull, She Hulk Silver Surfer, the Watcher and Puppet Master.

TROPHIES
The trophies will include the characters and elements that appear on the stage, the assist trophy and these extras: Hulk, Ant Man and Wasp, Deadpool, a Sentinel, H.E.R.B.I.E., the Sinister Six, Loki, Captain America, Red Skull, Thanos, the Inhumans, the X-Men, Magneto and Kang.

SPIRITS MODE
In Spirits mode, you will fight Doctor Doom (making him like Rathalos). The boss stage will be his throne room in Latveria.

Also, i had the idea of using Stan Lee as the narrator of the mode, just as a bonus.

CONCLUSSION
Of course, all of this is unlikely. However, i had some fun theorizing this, although i could explain better some moves and the final smash.

Remember that this isn't a hope for new content, and is instead a pointless thing that i made for curiosity.

D

Deleted member

I forgot the music.

Overall, it would feature Fantastic Four music from media in general, plus covers of popular Marvel songs (the X-Men theme from the cartoon, the Avengers theme from the MCU, the Raimi theme for Spider-Man, the Spectacular Spider-Man song, Fight as One, Doctor Doom, Super Skrull and Galactus's theme from MvC3, etc...).

D

Deleted member

Hey man, don't beat yourself up over this,. As unlikely as it is, it's cool to pull for Marvel characters if you want to.

Honestly, I'd have either Spider-Man or Captain America.

D

Deleted member

Hey man, don't beat yourself up over this,. As unlikely as it is, it's cool to pull for Marvel characters if you want to.

Honestly, I'd have either Spider-Man or Captain America.
Spider-Man is cool too for the rep.

But i feel like Sakurai could prefer to represent the origins of Marvel as we know it today with the characters that started all.

And the Thing is visually understandable for Smash, due to the proportions and un-realistic design.

But if he goes with popularity, it would be Spider-Man probably.

Uffe

Smash Hero
It'll most likely never happen, but yeah, don't be so judgmental over your ideas. My brother and I actually spoke about how interesting it would be to have the classic Mickey Mouse in Super Smash Bros. It'll never happen, but he's very well known, and there are plenty of ideas that would work for him.

Quillion

Smash Hero
At least it's not that orange-clad hillbilly. But everything established about non-video game characters still stands.

D

Deleted member

The only acceptable "Marvel" character is that bad guy from Fortnite.

Fortnite-Thanos-gameplay-CHANGED-How-to-play-as-Thanos-Infinity-Gauntlet-locations-more-701219.jpg

Marvel bought him, and then made him the bad guy of Infinity War, he's a game character through and through.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Spider-Man would have to get into Smash before any other Marvel character. He’s the face of the company and is one of the biggest superheroes in history (maybe even the top hero)

Top Bottom