• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my dream for the next smash direct (lost woods x forest maze)...

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
So Ive been on a lot of long bus rides cause I'm on vacation, and I've been daydreaming about how the next smash direct could go, and man there's so much potential. If any of the recent speculations are true, at least some of this could be possible. Let me preface my thought process with this - So theres been a lot of speculation about what's gona happen before release and what characters are going to be released. Everyones pretty sure there's gona be one more direct in Oct or nov. And there's a lot of speculation that skull kid and Geno are gona be in ultimate. Of course this is all just speculation at this point, but if this happened in the next direct, It would be sooo epic.

So imagine this...

Skull kid and Geno both come from confusing tree areas (lost woods and forest maze) right? So their reveals can be crossed over in the same setting.
The opening for the reveal trailer could be set in a forest/in the woods (which could be either forest maze or the lost woods). Here, a mysterious hooded character that looks similar to link can be shown briefly (but of course we cant make out who it is for sure. Then it could cut to toad and peach exploring some woods and getting lost and being scared. They eventually hear some music and start walking towards it. Over time the viewers make out the music to be Sarias song. Peach and toad find the source of the song, which is a dark figure in the shadows facing away from them, playing a flute. The tension builds, and the figure suddenly turns to reveal itself as the skull kid wearing majoras mask. Peach and toad crap their pants and run away, and skull kid attacks. His trailer begins.

After some highlights, the cinematic begins again, and the previously introduced hooded figure comes to save peach and toad. This can heavily tease to be young link , but then before removing the hood, the character lifts his arm up, removes his hand to reveal an arm blaster and starts charging geno beam. He fires it at skull kid, and his hood comes off revealing of course geno. Genos trailer plays.

Now heres where my imagination really starts going wild lol. After genos trailer, one more reveal takes place. Re-entering in the cinematic now, Skull kid unfortunately is too much for geno, he summons the moon and geno tries to stop it but is failing. Now, in comes young link with a D-air from above knocking skull kid off his game. Young link stands up, and pulls out the goron mask from majoras mask and puts it on. He attacks skull kid as a goron, and eventually switches to a zora. Then the trailer begins, and its revealed that some characters can have alternate movesets, and young links alt allows him to cycle between deku, goron and zora. During this trailer, its also revealed that ganondorf has his own moveset from oot, and a number of other characters have movesets that come from older iterations of the character (like pit, Falco etc). Side note - The reason im going in this direction in my mind at all is because giving us skull kid from majoras mask (which again has been heavily speculated) would be a perfect way to also give us link from majoras mask, and in doing so open up a can of worms about alternate movesets for other characters as well.

After these huge reveals, sakurai talks about some other details regarding the revelations, and then also goes into some of the other game modes (perhaps only the mysterious game mode that he mentioned last direct). He can end the direct by saying there are more things to discover in the game, but we'll have to wait to play it in order to find out!

I know this is insane and probably wont happen, but man it would be so perfect lol. At the very least, if skull kid and geno are indeed both in the game, they should absolutely be revealed together in a similar way as ive outlined.

What do u guys think?

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Other than Kanto Starter Trainer, there wouldn't be any transforming characters. I like the idea of these two being revealed together, but I think Geno deserves the spotlight to be all on him, like Ridley and King K. Rool!

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Other than Kanto Starter Trainer, there wouldn't be any transforming characters. I like the idea of these two being revealed together, but I think Geno deserves the spotlight to be all on him, like Ridley and King K. Rool!
Exactly, the two of them being revealed together would be ideal, but Geno deserves the spotlight, especially after all this time.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
It would also be good if they were revealed separately, but when the 2nd character is revealed they have a crossover trailer. Like let's say we get skull kid for halloween, when Geno is revealed, the trailer starts with skull kid, and they meet in the forrest/woods.

And I think another transforming character would be fine. Especially in the form of masks link. In the context it makes sense.

I really think alt movesets should be a thing this game. It would be a great way to add movesets without expanding the roster size on the select screen.

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
It would also be good if they were revealed separately, but when the 2nd character is revealed they have a crossover trailer. Like let's say we get skull kid for halloween, when Geno is revealed, the trailer starts with skull kid, and they meet in the forrest/woods.

And I think another transforming character would be fine. Especially in the form of masks link. In the context it makes sense.

I really think alt movesets should be a thing this game. It would be a great way to add movesets without expanding the roster size on the select screen.
Don't get me wrong, I'd be all for more transforming characters, but it's evident Sakurai's trying to get away from them.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong, I'd be all for more transforming characters, but it's evident Sakurai's trying to get away from them.
I'm disappointed zelda/sheik were seperated. That was their thing. And what's worse is their new moves are less than inspiring. Zeldas is a good idea, but could be executed better, and sheiks is a bit generic.

Top Bottom