• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My controller is (potentially) broken. I need to fix it immediately.

Maveden.Prash

Smash Rookie
My Gamecube Controller's left joystick started acting weird last week, but it was only for a short period of time, now its completely faul. So earlier this morning I was practicing for a tournament on Saturday, when my left joystick decided to get drunk out of nowhere. Note that I play on Dolphin emulator.

When I move the stick up or down then bring the stick to neutral position, the input doesn't go back to neutral but stays. As I said this only happens when I move it up or down, so moving the stick horizontally works just fine. Flicking motions especially mess with the inputs.

Edit: bathed it in rubbing alcohol will test out tomorrow

Last edited:

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
Hopefully cleaning with rubbing alcohol helps. Report back when you test it out. I dont have any other suggestions, so I'm interested to see if it works.

Top Bottom