• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My concerns with Sonic in Smash Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master_Gamer

Smash Cadet
I have some concerns about how Sonic will turn out in Smash Ultimate. Just from what I've been reading and hearing, there have been a lot of nerfs across the board. One thing that Sonic has always struggled with was KO'ing an opponent. His KO options were very limited. Now seeing they are nerfing those even further, will Sonic even really be able to do much?

Please educate me as I am a Sonic main and I absolutely love him, but it is very obvious that he can rack up damage, but have a hard time finishing his opponent off.

D

Deleted member

I don't think there is much to worry about. Sonic would have to receive a lot of hard nerfs to not be viable. He has good strength, and speed. Also his trampoline is good for getting kills. I play a lot of Sonic mains that upthrow, up B into upair for getting kills at high percents and, Sonic has a decent back throw with good knockback for kills. He will at least be high tier in my opinion. I mean really, MK Leo almost beat Zero with Sonic so i doubt he could be that bad. Hope this helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Don't worry Shadow will come in and make Sonic worthless in tournament
Dude, even if Shadow does come in. He'll most likely be an echo fighter of near equal strength ala Pit/Dark Pit. Even if he's given Mewtwo's teleport, Sonic's recovery would be better since it goes so high.

Master_Gamer

Smash Cadet
Quick question. Do we have any confirmation that the Down Air is fixed? What I mean is how if you are flying upwards from an attack and you Down Air, the momentum of the Down Air and the upward momentum will cause Sonic to just kinda hover in place with his foot out.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
With the tournaments over in Spain, he seems to be doing ok there. Smash 4 is defo his best game, but he seems to have a few solid tools that are still at his disposal.
And besides, the character got 2nd at the opening invitational, only losing to ZeRo and his Mario. Sonic should be fine in the early meta at least.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Quick question. Do we have any confirmation that the Down Air is fixed? What I mean is how if you are flying upwards from an attack and you Down Air, the momentum of the Down Air and the upward momentum will cause Sonic to just kinda hover in place with his foot out.
Just tested, he still slows down when doing a Dait after being hit up.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Uair is so bad now. Also not being able to run past people is driving me nuts.

Those are the biggest things that bother me about Sonic so far (besides the known Spin nerfs). That and no ISDJ or Spin Charge Spinshot.

:093:

Master_Gamer

Smash Cadet
Looks like we'll have to discover all new tech with him. Darn, all my practice from Smash 4 is pretty much out the window DX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom