• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My cloud mu chart

BlueScore

Smash Rookie
NNID
jukeman
3DS FC
0147-2527-2672
I've been playing cloud for the past couple months and heres what i think so far of his matchups
most of these aren't 100%

Guljy

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3601 9213 6336
I've been playing cloud for the past couple months and heres what i think so far of his matchups

I agree with this mostly I think squirtle might by -1 and inkling -2. I also think wolf might be -1 and DDD might be +2 but overall I agree.

Guljy

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3601 9213 6336
Also Lucas may be 0

Last edited:

BlueScore

Smash Rookie
NNID
jukeman
3DS FC
0147-2527-2672
Eh lucas can't deal with disjoints effectively, Squirtle's an annoying little **** that's way too fast and gets in your face a lot, Wolf and Cloud are pretty even imo they both have a lot of stuff in common, and DDD I moved to +2 he's a huge bodybag, he doesn't have an effective projectile, and he's really slow.

Last edited:

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman

I am a Gunner main that has a pocket Cloud (he was my secondary last game, but Gunner's buffs and Cloud's nerfs are decreasing my reasons for playing Cloud over Gunner). Can you explain your thoughts on the Gunner matchup?

BlueScore

Smash Rookie
NNID
jukeman
3DS FC
0147-2527-2672
I am a Gunner main that has a pocket Cloud (he was my secondary last game, but Gunner's buffs and Cloud's nerfs are decreasing my reasons for playing Cloud over Gunner). Can you explain your thoughts on the Gunner matchup?
I don't know much about miis but what I do know is that their range and frame data are not the greatest. They also arent very fast either. They are average and basic characters. Cloud does really well against zoner characters. Cloud's projectiles (Blade Beam and Limit Blade Beam) go through gunners and are faster than gunners. Cloud also can get in Gunner's face a lot with cross slash and fair racking up ridiculous amounts of damage. Gunner can't do anything then. Gunner's projectiles take too long to put out for cloud to get trapped in. Cloud also edgeguards Mii Gunner quite easily with fair, bair, nair, and cross slash.
That's all I really know of the matchup I haven't played a gunner at all yet.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
The matchup inexperience is understandable, but you are underrating Gunner's zoning. Gunner's short hop fair outranges Cloud's aerials and goes through his sword. This combined with Gunner's ability to gundash in the air as an option to get out of some juggling situations makes Gunner a much better pick against Cloud than Villager or Isabelle.

Regular blade beam doesn't go through most of Gunner's projectiles. Most Gunner players also use bomb drop, (It has a hurtbox that can block blade beam. I would also assume that it can block limit blade beam, but I would have to double check.) which comes out on the same frame as blade beam. While Cloud's blade beam and limit blade beam come faster than some of Gunner's projectiles they are slower than fair and charge blast and laggier than most of Gunner's projectiles.

Obviously Cloud can still get in against Gunner with his superior mobility and juggle Gunner with his up air, but it will not be very easy to land Cloud's fair against Gunner. As I mentioned earlier, Gunner's fair outranges and outspeeds Cloud's fair. Cloud can dtilt to go under some projectiles, but Gunner can cover that with bomb drop, flame pillar, missiles or charge blast depending on the Gunner's moveset. Cloud also knocks Gunner's bombs away pretty easily, but Gunner can detonate them early to avoid getting hit or hit Cloud depending on the situation.

Gunner can also ledge trap Cloud easily with bomb drop, flame pillar or grenade depending on the moveset. Gunner also has pretty high damage on most moves, and several kill confirms.

In conclusion, I personally think the matchup is even for my moveset, but it can depend on what moveset of Gunner that you face. I doubt that there is a Gunner moveset where Cloud wins +2 though.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
The matchup inexperience is understandable, but you are underrating Gunner's zoning. Gunner's short hop fair outranges Cloud's aerials and goes through his sword. This combined with Gunner's ability to gundash in the air as an option to get out of some juggling situations makes Gunner a much better pick against Cloud than Villager or Isabelle.

Regular blade beam doesn't go through most of Gunner's projectiles. Most Gunner players also use bomb drop, (It has a hurtbox that can block blade beam. I would also assume that it can block limit blade beam, but I would have to double check.) which comes out on the same frame as blade beam. While Cloud's blade beam and limit blade beam come faster than some of Gunner's projectiles they are slower than fair and charge blast and laggier than most of Gunner's projectiles.

Obviously Cloud can still get in against Gunner with his superior mobility and juggle Gunner with his up air, but it will not be very easy to land Cloud's fair against Gunner. As I mentioned earlier, Gunner's fair outranges and outspeeds Cloud's fair. Cloud can dtilt to go under some projectiles, but Gunner can cover that with bomb drop, flame pillar, missiles or charge blast depending on the Gunner's moveset. Cloud also knocks Gunner's bombs away pretty easily, but Gunner can detonate them early to avoid getting hit or hit Cloud depending on the situation.

Gunner can also ledge trap Cloud easily with bomb drop, flame pillar or grenade depending on the moveset. Gunner also has pretty high damage on most moves, and several kill confirms.

In conclusion, I personally think the matchup is even for my moveset, but it can depend on what moveset of Gunner that you face. I doubt that there is a Gunner moveset where Cloud wins +2 though.

Edit: Sorry for the double post. My phone did not show the first post.

Last edited:

Qualudes

Smash Cadet
I think clouds only truly abysmal matchups are characters that are too short to hit with up-tilt when crossed up. The back hit of up-tilt comes out frame 6, making it 3 frames faster then ftilt and more consistent than turn-around jab.

SpicyGPXD

Smash Rookie
Everything looks good except I would move Snake down to -1. I can never combo or juggle him because of his grenades. A snake that knows what they are doing will easily beat a Cloud that understands there character just as well.

BlueScore

Smash Rookie
NNID
jukeman
3DS FC
0147-2527-2672
Everything looks good except I would move Snake down to -1. I can never combo or juggle him because of his grenades. A snake that knows what they are doing will easily beat a Cloud that understands there character just as well.
Yeah i agree snake is aids

Top Bottom