• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Outdated) My 7.0.0. Tier List (V5)

The Algodoo Rocket

Smash Rookie
So right now, there isn’t an official tier list so here’s my tier list.

(S Tier)
1st - Joker
2nd - Pikachu
3rd and 4th - Peach and Daisy
5th - Lucina
(A Tier)
6th - Snake
7th - Pichu
8th - Palutena
9th - Inkling
10th - Pokemon Trainer
11th - Shulk
12th - Wolf
13th - Roy
14th - Zero Suit Samus
15th - Young Link
16th - Mr. Game and Watch
17th - Mega Man
18th - Wario
19th - R.O.B.
(B Tier)
20th - Fox
21st - Chrom
22nd - Mario
23rd - Greninja
24th - Yoshi
25th - Marth
26th - Olimar
27th - Banjo-Kazooie
28th - Ike
(C Tier)
29th - Falco
30th and 31st - Ness and Lucario
32nd - Cloud
33rd - Link
34th - Diddy Kong
35th - Toon Link
36th - Mewtwo
37th - Hero
38th - Bowser
Now here is the bottom of the tier list.
(D Tier)
39th - Sonic
40th - Terry
41st - Byleth
42nd - Ken
43rd and 44th - Samus and Dark Samus
45th and 46th - Pac-Man and Luigi
47th - Rosalina
48th - Meta Knight
49th - Captain Falcon
50th - Ryu
51st - Lucas
52nd - Ice Climbers
(E Tier)
53rd and 54th - Simon and Richter
55th and 56th - Pit, Dark Pit,
57th - Sheik
58th - Ridley
59th - Incineroar
60th - Wii Fit Trainer
61st - Villager
62nd - Zelda
63rd - Mii Swordfighter
64th - Isabelle
(F Tier)
65th - Duck Hunt
66th - Piranha Plant
67th - Mii Gunner
68th - Bayonetta
69th - King Dedede
70th - Robin
71st - Jigglypuff
72nd - Ganondorf
73rd Donkey Kong
74th - Mii Brawler
75th - King K. Rool
76th - Kirby
77th - Bowser Jr.
(G Tier)
78th - Dr. Mario
79th - Corrin
80th - Little Mac

Last edited:

K=RB2

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf only has 4 (debatably) even matchups in this game. Even if he has some niche in local-level play/pools, he doesn’t deserve to be higher than bottom 5, let alone 3.

I prefer not ranking Corrin because of lack of data/representation.

Quik showed me Samus can be even higher.

ice climbers basically have to ask to play the game for their neutral. Rank them lower.

Kirby and bowser jr. is not bottom 2. Rank them higher.

glutonny shows Wario should be higher.

Last edited:

The Algodoo Rocket

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf only has 4 (debatably) even matchups in this game. Even if he has some niche in local-level play/pools, he doesn’t deserve to be higher than bottom 5, let alone 3.

I prefer not ranking Corrin because of lack of data/representation.

Quik showed me Samus can be even higher.

ice climbers basically have to ask to play the game for their neutral. Rank them lower.

Kirby and bowser jr. is not bottom 2. Rank them higher.

glutonny shows Wario should be higher.
Ganondorf actually have a lot of even matchups, about 15. Of course, most characters can beat Ganondorf pretty easily. I will still rank Corrin because I think some people may get upset that he isn't in the tier list. Other than that, I will change some character's placings.

K=RB2

Smash Cadet
Ganon does not have a winning matchup imo. Palutena, Lucina, and Dedede has no qualms boxing him out with their range/disjoints.
Fox, Sonic, Falcon, and even Little Mac can use their fast frame data to punish anything the Wizard sends out - and they can all choose to not approach when they have a comfortable lead.
Samus, Villager, Mii Gunner can all keep him out with projectile hell.
Even if Ganon might be better than a character, that opponent will always outclass him overall.
I’m confident that his matchups are only slightly better, if not the same level, compared to Smash 4. 15 even matchups is too much.

The Algodoo Rocket

Smash Rookie
Ganon does not have a winning matchup imo. Palutena, Lucina, and Dedede has no qualms boxing him out with their range/disjoints.
Fox, Sonic, Falcon, and even Little Mac can use their fast frame data to punish anything the Wizard sends out - and they can all choose to not approach when they have a comfortable lead.
Samus, Villager, Mii Gunner can all keep him out with projectile hell.
Even if Ganon might be better than a character, that opponent will always outclass him overall.
I’m confident that his matchups are only slightly better, if not the same level, compared to Smash 4. 15 even matchups is too much.
I agree that his matchups are slightly better, though most people said that Ganondorf remains the same. I also kinda agree that 15 matchup is too much. Maybe Ganondorf has about 8 even matchup? I'm not a Ganondorf main.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
This is tier list is pretty good IMO.
I agree with various placings like top tier. Although G&W is overrated IMO, but most people think he's great so it's understandable.

My only grip is that while he clearly needs buffs, I don't think Doc is 2nd worst in this game, let alone getting his own tier.
He at least has a pretty good punish game and early kills options tied to his super fast-frame data, giving him a cool niche.
Also unlike Mac, he doesn't get shut down by platform camping.

I'd say he's around Kirby - Corrin level, but that's just my outlook.

Last edited:

The Algodoo Rocket

Smash Rookie
This is tier list is pretty good IMO.
I agree with various placings like top tier. Although G&W is overrated IMO, but most people think he's great so it's understandable.

My only grip is that while he clearly needs buffs, I don't think Doc is 2nd worst in this game, let alone getting his own tier.
He at least has a pretty good punish game and early kills options tied to his super fast-frame data, giving him a cool niche.
Also unlike Mac, he doesn't get shut down by platform camping.

I'd say he's around Kirby - Corrin level, but that's just my outlook.
So instead of putting Dr. Mario into 2nd worst place, I put him on the 3rd worst. I put Corrin on the 2nd worst. Also, Little Mac is now on G tier instead of G- tier.

Anybody want to change the top tier?

Firox

Smash Master
So right now, there isn’t a official tier list so here’s my tier list.

(S Tier)
1st - Joker
2nd - Pikachu
3rd and 4th - Peach and Daisy
5th - Lucina
(A Tier)
6th - Snake
7th - Pichu
8th and 9th - Palutena and Inkling
10th and 11th - Shulk and Pokemon Trainer
12th - Wolf
13th - Roy
14th and 15th - Zero Suit Samus and Young Link
16th - Mr. Game and Watch
17th - Mega Man
18th - Wario
(B Tier)
19th - Fox
20th - Chrom
21st - R.O.B.
22nd - Mario
23rd and 24th - Greninja and Yoshi
25th and 26th - Marth and Olimar
27th - Banjo-Kazooie
28th - Ike
(C Tier)
29th, 30th and 31st - Falco, Ness and Lucario
32nd and 33rd - Link and Cloud
34th - Diddy Kong
35th - Toon Link
36th and 37th - Hero and Mewtwo
38th - Bowser
Now here is the bottom of the tier list.
(D Tier)
39th and 40th - Terry and Sonic
41st, 42nd and 43rd - Ken, Samus and Dark Samus
44th and 45th - Pac-Man and Luigi
46th, 47th, 48th and 49th - Ryu, Rosalina, Captain Falcon and Meta Knight
50th - Lucas
51st - Ice Climbers
(E Tier)
52nd, 53rd, 54th and 55th - Pit, Dark Pit, Simon and Richter
56th and 57th - Ridley and Sheik
58th - Incineroar
59th - Wii Fit Trainer
60th - Villager
61st - Zelda
62nd - Mii Swordfighter
63rd - Isabelle
(F Tier)
64th - Duck Hunt
65th, 66th, 67th and 68th - King Dedede, Piranha Plant, Bayonetta and Mii Gunner
69th, 70th, 71st and 72nd - Robin, Donkey Kong, Ganondorf and Jigglypuff
73rd - Mii Brawler
74th - King K. Rool
75th - Kirby
76th - Bowser Jr.
(G Tier)
77th - Dr. Mario
78th - Corrin
79th - Little Mac
While this list seems pretty spot on, I have to say that it looks suspiciously close to the one on Eventhubs. Like, it's almost identical.

The Algodoo Rocket

Smash Rookie
While this list seems pretty spot on, I have to say that it looks suspiciously close to the one on Eventhubs. Like, it's almost identical.
Holy crap, didn’t realized at all. I’ve known for a long time, but I only use Eventhubs for Street Fighter 5. When you replied, I checked the SSBU one. Like you said, it was clearly identical. I actually never seen the SSBU tier list.

Firox

Smash Master
Holy crap, didn’t realized at all. I’ve known for a long time, but I only use Eventhubs for Street Fighter 5. When you replied, I checked the SSBU one. Like you said, it was clearly identical. I actually never seen the SSBU tier list.
LoL Well if you honestly didn't know, then I would say you have some incredibly solid judgement since Eventhubs is based on aggregate scores from actual tourney results. Either way, I can't really argue with it. Seems pretty legit overall.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
Firox Firox The eventhubs tier list is not based on results. It is a combination of matchup spread votes by its members. It is generally not highly regarded by a lot of players.

OrionStats tracks performances at high level events. This is a link to the most recent version.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AJs-mj5TTdkmkl7nhj4twJymVPTLTUdT0MBToL1cxDs/htmlview#

The Algodoo Rocket The Algodoo Rocket Based on these results, it would be a really good idea to move Duck Hunt up. This character has a really strong neutral, some good clay pigeon setups, and Raito got 3rd in a supermajor with him. That was the biggest difference I noticed. I might come back to discuss some more character placements later. It is pretty tough to make a tier list for this game to be honest.

The Algodoo Rocket

Smash Rookie
Firox Firox The eventhubs tier list is not based on results. It is a combination of matchup spread votes by its members. It is generally not highly regarded by a lot of players.

OrionStats tracks performances at high level events. This is a link to the most recent version.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AJs-mj5TTdkmkl7nhj4twJymVPTLTUdT0MBToL1cxDs/htmlview#

The Algodoo Rocket The Algodoo Rocket Based on these results, it would be a really good idea to move Duck Hunt up. This character has a really strong neutral, some good clay pigeon setups, and Raito got 3rd in a supermajor with him. That was the biggest difference I noticed. I might come back to discuss some more character placements later. It is pretty tough to make a tier list for this game to be honest.
Can you update every time for OrionStats?

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
If you click on the link, it will show the latest version. The rankings are updated on the same document.

The Algodoo Rocket

Smash Rookie
If you click on the link, it will show the latest version. The rankings are updated on the same document.
Ok. Thanks!

Update! Changed the title version to 6.1.1. When the 5th DLC comes out, I will put the 5th DLC unranked. Maybe I will make him/her ranked later on.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I think it's pretty good. First list in a while that I've seen Link get put a lot lower than Young Link. I feel a lot of the pros have been sleeping on Young Link these days for some reason.

The Algodoo Rocket

Smash Rookie
Byleth won’t be ranked until after 5 days of release.

And what placement will Belyth be?
I've seen R.O.B. win a couple of times in super major tournaments, which means I will put him A tier in the tier list. I wonder if I could put it on ssbwiki/smashpedia... even though this isn't an official tier list. However, we don't have an SSBU Backroom yet.

Last edited:

The Algodoo Rocket

Smash Rookie
VERSION 5 IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for the long delay. I ended up losing interest in making a tier list. Anyways, Most characters who share the same tier place separated them. Other than that, R.O.B. moves to A tier. I really appreciate people who suggest some changes.

Top Bottom