• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MWGH Circuit #4: Hitlers Birthday Blowout (Complete with upsets) MJG/Jace/Future/JBM/DeLux Omaha NE

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

Brawl Doubles 7 ($16) Random Bracket

#1-Gaylords (MJG/Bpow) ~$67 :metaknight: :diddy::falcon: :ganondorf: /:diddy: :metaknight: :toonlink: :warioc: :jigglypuff: :drmario:
#2-Ice Climbers (Future/Lux) ~$35 :metaknight: :rob: :popo: /:metaknight: :zerosuitsamus: :popo:
#3-Sheilda should not be 3 places ahead of sheik on the tier list (Fujin/TW) ~$10 :sheik: :sheilda: :zeldamelee: (both)
#4-Melee (Cue/Sm3esh) :snake:/ :peach:
#5-Super Sonic Destroyers (Jman/Selodin) :sonic:/ :ike: :marthmelee:
#5-Gut and Mustache (MRM/Eat) :wolf:/ :ike:
#7-The Legend of Kobo (Legend/Kobo) :fox:/ :peach:

Melee Doubles 6 ($10) Random Bracket

#1-Pink Snuggy (MRM/Sm3esh) ~$45 :sheikmelee:/ :falconmelee: :marthmelee: :fox64:
#2-Team I'm going beat each other in Singles (JBM/Cue) ~$15 :falcomelee: :fox64: :marthmelee: :jigglypuff:/ :falcomelee: :fox64:
#3-KS Assassins (RfRizzle/Jace) :falconmelee: :marthmelee: :fox64: / :falconmelee:
#4-From Dakota with love (Jman/Selodin) :falconmelee:/ :fox64:
#5-Rest and Fist (Majik/Bpow) :ganondorf: :fox64: / :jigglypuff:
#5-Kelvinabobodopend (Kobo/Legend) :peach:/ :fox64:

Brawl Singles 15 ($9) Pools

#1-MJG ~$80 :metaknight: :diddy:
#2-Teh Future ~$35 :popo: :rob:
#3-Lux ~$15 :popo: :metaknight: :zerosuitsamus:
#4-Bpow :metaknight: :warioc:
#5-MegaRobMan :wolf:
#5-Fragger :diddy:
#7-Jman :sonic:
#7-Sm3esh :peach:
#9-T.win :sheik:
#9-Selodin :ike: :marthmelee:
#9-Cue :snake:
#9-Fujin :zeldamelee: :sheilda:
#13-Lil Kwanza :pit:
#13-Legend :ike:
#13-Eat :ike:

Melee Singles 14 ($10) Pools

#1-Jace ~$80 :falconmelee:
#2-JBM ~$40 :marthmelee::fox64:
#3-Sm3esh ~$20 :falconmelee: :marthmelee: :fox64:
#4-MegaRobMan :sheikmelee:
#5-Cue :falcomelee:
#5-ResTy :samusmelee:
#7-RfRizzle :falconmelee: :falcomelee:
#7-Selodin :falcomelee:
#9-Jman :falconmelee:
#9-Majik :ganondorf:
#9-SSJ4 :fox64:
#9-Kobo :peach:
#13-Legend :fox64:
#13-Bpow :jigglypuff:

Low/Mid tier Singles 10 ($1 Winner take All) Random Bracket redone twice so Future and MJG didn't have to play 1st round, because after the 1st random it still had them playing 1st round.

#1-MegaRobMan $10 :luigi: :link:
#2-MJG :lucas: :ness: :mario: :pt:
#3-Bpow :jigglypuff: :lucas: :luigi: :link: :ness:
#4-Teh Future :lucas: :yoshi: :ganondorf:
#5-Fujin :zeldamelee:
#5-TWin :zeldamelee:
#7-Lil Kwanza* :pit:
#7-Sm3esh :samus:
#9-YDJ** :metaknight:
#9-EAT :pt:

Allowed Characters for Brawl (13)

F: Yoshi, Ness, Pokémon Trainer, Luigi
G: Lucas, Mario, Samus, Bowser, Captain Falcon
H: Jigglypuff, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf
*Was allowed to play as PIT
**Was allowed to play as MetaKnight

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Brawl doubles 7 teams
7th, Legend

Melee teams, 6 teams
5th (tied for last), Legend

Brawl Singles tied for last, Legend
Melee Singles, tied for last, Legend.

The man, the myth.... the LEGEND

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Rob won MT singles? Who did Averill even use in MT since :toonlink: isn't MT at the moment rofl?

:018:

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
SELODIN IM COMIN FOR U LIL *****
ggs doe you scared me off, can't underestimate SD next time I guess lol
Que sat on my face

Jace08

Smash Lord
everybody has that tournament where they get falco'd ><

you'll get em next time bobby

rob thanks for hosting. ggs everybody

ks people thanks for the support

south dakota I'm really glad we got to hang and play some games

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
^this

It was good having you guys come out. I had GGs in both Melee and Brawl, made the trip totally worth it. We'll be out with ND as well for the July 6th. Get your big boy pants ready for our final sleeper. He already called you out Jace ;)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Fujin you left your phone charger
Future you left your water bottle
Bpow, Ryan left his bulls hat
Ghoul left your nuts

First off, I really wish I would have come up with "Hitlers Birthday Blowout" before the tournament. Also it is really, really difficult to TO, play friendlies, talk to everyone to the length I would like, and run 5 tournaments all at the same time, so I am sorry if we didn't get to play many matches or chat much, that's the life of the TO.

Special thanks to players who drove 8 hours, 6 hours and various smaller denominations of time (because time=money).. I really tried to make this event worth the trip for everyone, and given that the venue doesn't close and people wanted to start late rather than have an early tournament, making sure that everyone got a lot of quality matches (and friendlies) in was key, hence pools at a ~15 man bracket. The pools were a bit weird because someone dropped out in brawl and someone was added late in melee (RfRizzle got an awesome skill building pool given that this was not an elimination pool, just for extra tourney level matches and seeding :p )

Special thanks to all the chill mofos in the MW who don't party.

Special thanks to Kain for making every IC in the MW do nothing but practice CGing Wolf.

Special thanks to Holms for doing that years earlier but to a worse degree because IKE.

Special thanks to myself for being ****ing stupid and having myself play vs Ice Climbers 3 times.

MJG -Glad I could devirginize you in low tiers. To be fair my Stache stats are off the charts. I hope your little wuggums didn't get too cold.

Teh Future-Most underrated player in the entire midwest. I like how my Bowser could beat your ROB but you still came close to winning this thing going mostly ROB except vs me you asshole.

Also, like I said, I recommend you get Mega Man 10 and play on Easy mode first, then move on to Mega Man 2 Normal mode. Once you beat those games I'd say MM3-6, then 1, then 9, then 10, then 2 difficult mode and then 9 Super Hero Mode then 10 Hard mode.

That goes for anyone who wants to get into the classic series but is a n00b. Also note that mm3 has a slide you can use by pressing down and jump and mm4-6 have charge shots you can use by charging the shot button, Pharaoh Man in megaman 4's power up can also be charged similarlty to how Heatmans weapon in mm2.can be charged.

Lux-IC's/Wolf is stupid. I just don't think I play aggressive enough because I'm too afraid of the CG. SH retreating Fair helps a lot, but I'm so afraid if I mess up that's like the freest grab since an f-smash.

Bpow-I hope we play next tournament, it's been a while. It's on you/JJ/PC/MJG(by convincing joker) to get another Iowa event going soon otherwise Nebraska might do one in Papillion or Lincoln. There are locals the next 2 weeks so I am going to be venue hunting for the July event.

MegaRobMan-Pretty scrubby in events I didn't win.

Fragger "Next time I'm coming for blood". I wish more people had this attitude in terms of non-violent metaphors for desire to improve enough to beat the boss of the level you are stuck on for another metaphor.

Jman-YOU ARE THE ****ING MAN FOR DRIVING 9 HOURS TO AND 9 HOURS BACK AND BRINGING 3 OTHERS WITH YOU. Balls to the wall. Nice 2nd game in melee.

Sm3esh-I'm pretty god damned surprised we won, but if I find out you intentionally lose just to play more I am going to be mad at you if we don't win because that's like.........17 extra dollars or something I wouldn't have and I like food.

T.win-This man has the fire I described earlier too. I am very very very lucky and pleased you have joined our smash scene.

Selodin-I guess I want to know why you don't use Falco in doubles. Also good job repping SD and taking down KS when they call you out on facebook.

Cue-Sad we didn't get to play this time in singles, considering this is the first tournament you've been at in what feels like forever :/ Even though melee pisses me off I'll still try and get better so you can get better and ready for EVO.

Fujin-GG's Zelda has some really weird hit boxes and the shield stun on her moves is stupid and hard to punish. What a collection of trolls this tournament was.

Lil Kwanza-I'm really surprised that you beat Rocha in low tiers but you were able to play as PIT and you were on luigis mansion. So much hype.

Legend-GG's in melee doubles, gotta work on comboing shine into shine and crouch cancelling more. I realize that you play vs Peach/Falcon/Falco and those characters are broken in terms of their abilities to beat the **** out of crouch cancelling and Falco(n) specifically cheat are character(s), but shine is even more stupid than all of that stuff combined and truly beats all of the stupid b.s. that's in melee.

Eat-Secret--------------------------I'm probably picking up a new character for doubles. See JBM comment it applies to you too.

Jace-Well you are 2 for 2 at my tournaments, like I said at Lux's tournament in March, no one has really been playing much melee. The last maybe 3 weeks or so people have been playing a bit more so hopefully JBM will have that Falco ready for you. And my sheik.

JBM-Damn, Injustice. Damn Injustice. Pressing back to Block. I mean who the **** plays a game that you have to hold down a block button.

ResTy-Pigs are flying. Going to be telling my kid about that time that I eliminated Tyser from a melee tournament. TBH more than that time I beat MJG in a mid tier tournament. Still needs to come to games more.

RfRizzle-I tried to make it so that you would be given that chance to play vs the 4 best players in Nebraska for some XP but you got cocky and lost so you didn't get to play Devin. That sucks, guy is crazy in bed. Seriously though thanks for coming and repping KS, you did well and you are on your way to being a star.

Majik-I think I must have tripped over your foot like 9 times when you were sitting on that couch. Need to come to games more, just like everyone else.

SSJ4-Glad to see ya, I miss ya, come to games more, sucks we didn't talk but tourney running and ****.

Kobo-Float Cancelling and camping.

YDJ-I love that I allowed METAKNIGHT to be in a low tier tournament.

Note: Next tournament we will be following an exponentially stricter time frame, and leaving for an hour+ without letting the TO know about it during bracket is something that would normally be penalized, especially since it's probably going to be at a "real" venue so time will matter instead of good times and good vibes.

Rob won MT singles?
Yep. Too much Luigi.

Frizzle

what happened
Nebraska.

Scared?

rob thanks for hosting. ggs everybody
No, thank you for coming!

^this

It was good having you guys come out. I had GGs in both Melee and Brawl, made the trip totally worth it. We'll be out with ND as well for the July 6th. Get your big boy pants ready for our final sleeper. He already called you out Jace ;)
Is it Blubba Pinecone?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I fear nothing. I am simply investigating so I know how to train RFrizzle.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Falco's a jerk. I got you Frizzle.
Get ready for infinite unclankable uninteractable stage control. Balance :yeahboi:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
No, Rayku is the sleeper from ND. Hails from the Georgia scene prior to going AF and getting stationed at Minot AFB, ND. Blubba is is current training buddy tho, who would come as well.

And rfrizzle did great vs selodin. Its just he only gets falcon practice these days so its his best MU. I only win when I score my grabs more then he lands his shines.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I messaged Rob on FB, but he hasn't edited it so I'd post here- I didn't win a single game with MK in bracket, but won with ZSS. I won multiple with both in pools.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Oh, I forgot. I'll fix it and add that you went double IC's too.

ALSO I FOUND AN EXTRA WIIMOTE*n if someone left theirs.

*It might be dans, I don't remember if future and I used his spare wiimote or if it was just the classic controller on saturday a.m.

Selodin

2PAC
random several days later shoutouts:

#1-Jace ~$80 :falconmelee: - Good **** winning, your falcon is pretty dope. I appreciate the solid amount of friendlies we got to do.

#2-JBM ~$40 :marthmelee::fox64: - was hoping you'd make an epic comeback in GF, but GG's all around.

#3-Sm3esh ~$20 :falconmelee: :marthmelee: :fox64: - possibly the most deceptively good player that comes out to these. I really have no idea when you are being serious or not, sometimes you suicide and it's like......... not sure if trolling?

#4-MegaRobMan :sheikmelee: - thanks for running another tournament, SD is pretty dead so this is all we got to play (good) new people. I didn't get any friendlies in but you did pretty solid in both games + had a tournament to run so business is to be expected.

#5-Cue :falcomelee: - Didn't really play much with you, but good **** repping falco I guess :p

#5-ResTy :samusmelee: - Chill dude, thanks for the friendlies/samus practice

#7-RfRizzle :falconmelee: :falcomelee: - Kind of killed the hype for me when you went falco game one, but good 2nd match nonetheless. I look forward to playing you again sometime.

#9-Jman :falconmelee: - need to go super saiyan in doubles next time we come out here, i'll try practicing falco more for teams lol.

#9-Majik :ganondorf: - Totally forgot you also played ganon, gg's in pools.

#9-SSJ4 :fox64: - nice meeting you, GG's in friendlies.

#9-Kobo :peach: - with a little more practice/confidence, I think you will turn out pretty solid. I'll hit you up for some games if I remember sometime.

#13-Legend :fox64: - #thelegendofSD
#13-Bpow :jigglypuff: - I think you dropped out of melee to focus on brawl? Thanks for at least entering tho.

Hopefully we make it out for the next one, GG's to the brawl guys too I just don't really play that game hence my lack of shoutouts :p

Teh Future

Smash Master
Hey

Rob

I think

that Wiimote

is mine cause I came with one and now I have zero.

And that water bottle was 10 dollars :(

But like

Thanks for hosting and stuff and

Rob I agree you should be a little more aggressive vs ICs I beat Lux's ICs 1/2 with Robot going around 12903871298371x more aggro than I should have. MJG also played way more aggro than he should have and still beat Lux. As far as characters go I used about half and half this tournament but I will be working on my ROBOT and I hope to bring you guys something new whenever I bust him out.

Lux Im glad we finally got to play it dawned on me Saturday that we had never played a tournament set and it did not disappoint! That was the most fun finals sets I've ever played (even though IC dittos are dumb). I think both of us could have done a lot of things differently from playing to characters so I hope next time is just as diverse.

Hylian thanks for the IC experience LOL

Thanks for all the chill moments from everyone!

P.S. I formatted this post the same way as the BBR formatted the new tier list.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
As I've said like a billion times "If we played in tournament, I think you'd win".

I'm a prophet. No worries though, I have a surprise character for you next time we play :p :p :p

One of the few sets where I've lost and not been salty afterwards.

Top Bottom