• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MWC-E #4: EARTH! FIRE! WIND! WATER! HEART! GO Lexington, KY March 27th

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Captain Falcon, he's our hero!

Gonna take your stocks down to zero!

*This tournament marks the fourth Midwest Circuit Event being run by Overswarm, for more info on the circuit and the rules go to: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249283

When:
March 27th
10:00am- 10:00pm

Where:
Room 230 University of Kentucky Student Center
Lexington, Ky 40506
(If you go to Google Maps and type in University of Kentucky, we're close to letter E.)

HOW TO FIND THE STUDENT CENTER
From I-75 North: (Traveling from Southeastern Kentucky)
Take Exit 104 (marked Athens/Lexington).
Turn left off the ramp onto Athens-Boonesboro Road and follow for 8.2 miles to downtown.
Turn left onto Rose Street.
Turn right at the 4th traffic light onto Avenue of Champions/Euclid Avenue.
Turn left into the Student Center parking lot.

From I-75 South/I-64 East or West: (Traveling from Northern Kentucky, Louisville, or Eastern Kentucky)
Take Exit 113 (marked Paris/Lexington).
Turn right off the exit ramp onto North Broadway (US 68).
Follow through downtown for 3.5 miles.
One block past Hyatt Regency Lexington, turn left onto West Maxwell Street.
At the fourth light, turn right onto Martin Luther King Boulevard.
At the first light, turn left onto Avenue of Champions/Euclid Avenue.
Turn right into the Student Center parking lot.

From Bluegrass Parkway: (Traveling from Elizabethtown or Western Kentucky)
Turn right off the exit onto Route 60 (Versailles Rd.).
Follow until it becomes a one-way street, West Maxwell Street.
At the 5th traffic light, turn right onto Martin Luther King Boulevard.
At the light, turn left onto Avenue of Champions/Euclid Avenue.
Turn right into the Student Center parking lot.

Venue Rules:
1) No bicycles, skateboards, skates/rollerblades, or any other conveyance is allowed inside the building.
2) Try to limit food choices so it doesn't look like we're catering to you guys. (They get huffy about pizza.)
3) No alcohol/drugs.
4) Don't block any entry ways or exits.
5) Try not to swear as much, or rather, as loudly as you might be inclined to.
6) Nothing is to be taped, tacked, or otherwise adhered to the walls in any manner.
7) The sponsoring organization/department is responsible for leaving the room in the same condition as when the meeting/event started. (I've been pretty good about cleaning up for others, but it's just plain easier if you can pick up after yourself... so please do.)
8) Any materials must be removed immediately following the event or meeting.

Price:
Venue - $5 (will be waived upon bringing a full setup)
Doubles - $10 Per Person
Singles - $10 Per Person

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

Singles Payout

1st: 48% *
2nd: 22%*
3rd: 14%*
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Teams Payout
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

*Should less than 32 people show up to an event for any reason, payouts will be altered to 55/30/15 for Singles

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)

* Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors or Coin Flip

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Nope's no BS rule: If you are attending a circuit event, you are giving us permission to record and release videos of you playing as well as permission to use your character, tag, alias, name, and/or likeness in promotions regarding the circuit.

* Should anyone be caught altering custom stages in any way for any reason during a tournament, you will be immediately DQed from both singles and doubles and your points for the circuit may be stripped from you.

* You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties if 3 seconds has passed on the game clock. Multiple instances of resetting due to controller errors will result in a loss for future games in the circuit.

* If you believe you may have controller issues throughout the tournament, you are able to start a match on Spear Pillar for a few moments to test controls. Spear Pillar is used to make it crystal clear that you are testing your controls.

*Pausing and resetting a match without explicit approval from your opponent prior to doing so, at ANY point in the match (including star KO animations) will result in a loss of that match. Multiple instances will result in a DQ.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

ALSO: As a way to give back to the locals who attend, the highest placing Lexington local (to be determined by the TOs) will receive $10 straight from Overswarm.

IMPORTANT. Please note that we currently do not have the venue until 12am. We're trying to work on that, and we should get it, but because of time constraints we will be very strict about playing matches and leaving. If you leave (to smoke, go get something to eat, etc), you must tell a TO. You may not play friendlies/MMs during tournament, until the TO says you may.

Stage Lists

Starters

Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Libra *
Equity *

Counters

Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Pokémon Stadium 2
Pictochat
Abyss *
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Distant Planet

Rest of stages are banned.

PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU'RE BRINGING A SETUP! Thanks!

Set ups:
TV list:
1) UK TV
2) UK TV
3) UK TV
4) UK TV
5) Mayling
6) Bobbu
7) Rendonte
8) Chris
9) Cirno
10) Greggu
11) Eric
12) Jake

Wii List:
1) Mayling
2) Today
3) Joey
4) Airborne
5) Rendonte
6) Jake
7) Cirno
8) Bobbu

*These are custom stages, for more info on them and how to download them, please go to the Midwest Circuit 2 Main Thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249283

There will be free pizza from Dominoes.

There might be freeplay for DDR, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Table Tennis. However, if you go to play, please be back promptly for when Singles/Pools/Doubles start or we WILL start without you!

My phone number:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Additionally, there will be free food and refreshments. Something along the line of 8-9 sbarro pizzas, ~two sodas for each person, and a cheese tray.
Sai will be increedibly happy

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
XD Yatta~!! I totally want to come to this!! Sadly, this is the same weekend as Chi's rescheduled date of his tournament. D: I wish he didn't change the date because I totally would have gone then. If this date stays I'll go here instead.
And yay for free food! Good luck to everyone~!
Edit: Whoopsies~! I'm also bringing my Wii!

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I can't even bring my car inside the building? What a rip-off. D:

Also what Daycia said. Same date so far as Arcade Legends. It's gonna be a tough decision...
JUSTICE EDIT: lrn2calendar Jake.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This one has free food!

It also had more entrants than LoLis last time just with locals ^_^

clowsui

Smash Legend
oh no....nooooo.....oh no no no no no no no

PLEASE don't do it on this date, i have promised the AL guy tournaments 2-3 times and I've had to cancel/delay each time which reflects poorly on me. tournaments are only fun if there are a lot of people going and if there's two dates then this will be a serious issue for both of our tournaments.

AL is a business and this is a university, so the situation is different; based on this difference is it at ALL possible for you to host an event on a different date? if the MWC-E needs a circuit event i'm not opposed to making mine one also considering my stage list is partially based off of it anyways because i foresaw a possibility of my event becoming an MWCE event

the date stays because AZ's delta upsilon is on march 20th and A&G is on the 13th as well as no koast. march 6th has nope's monthly.

clowsui

Smash Legend
the main attendees in ohio might be going to no koast or a&g :/ if springfield is willing to come, god kais are willing to come and c-bus people are coming then i'll move it back for sure.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
all the cool kids will be at this!! Hyped!

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
the main attendees in ohio might be going to no koast or a&g :/ if springfield is willing to come, god kais are willing to come and c-bus people are coming then i'll move it back for sure.
Who planned on going to No Koast? XD And not that many people if all only the two Cincinnatians were going to A&G. And isn't it also Anthony's tournament so I'm sure God Kais had to go?
And it seemed like IN/KY were going to go during the original date.
TT__TT I mean, I'm sorry, Chi. If it's on the 27th, I'm going to go to this since I planned this on this date. But I would totally love to come to your thing, instead! I mean, the date you had originally I wasn't going to do anything then and I'm sure a lot of people aren't, either. If not why not change it some time in June?

clowsui

Smash Legend
god kais don't have to come, i just put infern as a co-host randomly lol because i bounce a lot of ideas off of him

i DEFINITELY want to do it during march really badly because we haven't hosted at AL since october and i want to show him that i will back up my interest in AL as a venue by hosting another tournament. i REALLY don't want to take away attendance from a&g - gpx gaming is the company that helped run winterfest, which was a national size tourney. if we could have that in ohio with sponsors + higher bonuses it would be great for our region. not taking away attendance from a&g ohio will help show them that we are definitely interested in bringing national class stuff to our tourney.

the best solution would be if aZ didn't host delta upsilon during march 20th. this way i could move my event to that weekend, a&g could still run freely and lexington would be okay.

aZ's thread doesn't say anything about a DU on 3/20 though i think i remember him saying somewhere that was a potential date? :o if not then i will ask AL guy if i can move the tourney to that date then there's no conflict whatsoever

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
god kais don't have to come, i just put infern as a co-host randomly lol because i bounce a lot of ideas off of him

i DEFINITELY want to do it during march really badly because we haven't hosted at AL since october and i want to show him that i will back up my interest in AL as a venue by hosting another tournament. i REALLY don't want to take away attendance from a&g - gpx gaming is the company that helped run winterfest, which was a national size tourney. if we could have that in ohio with sponsors + higher bonuses it would be great for our region. not taking away attendance from a&g ohio will help show them that we are definitely interested in bringing national class stuff to our tourney.

the best solution would be if aZ didn't host delta upsilon during march 20th. this way i could move my event to that weekend, a&g could still run freely and lexington would be okay.

aZ's thread doesn't say anything about a DU on 3/20 though i think i remember him saying somewhere that was a potential date? :o if not then i will ask AL guy if i can move the tourney to that date then there's no conflict whatsoever
Then yeah. If you can move it on the 20th then!
Also, unless A&G decided to drastically change over the year last year there weren't any games really. Honestly. XD Everyone just sat in the lobby for three days. Don't get me wrong. It was fun talking to some of the con people, but a lot of people got bored and I know a lot of people that won't be going back. I'm friends with some of the people who runs it, so I could always ask and see what has changed. I just do know last year they didn't care at all. I really hope that's not the case this year and got some new people running it.

clowsui

Smash Legend
uhhh the people that are running it this year are the same people who ran winterfest

anyways the guy is saying that april 3rd is a potential date but if i really want to do it on 3/20 then he'll let me do it. i think i'll go with 3/20 tbqh

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
If I go to this(more then likely am), then I am bringing my wii for one of the TV setups they have! :D

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
the last lexington tournament we had brought in 36 smashers. that was with some of OH and kentucky.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It was pretty much all locals. We had nope and fonz and then my cincinnati car and that was about it.

Get those locals again and we'll get a good turnout WITHOUT counting travellers!

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
The title alone makes me want to go. :[

Linka was my favorite from Captian Planet. She was blonde, Russian, and she had an attitude plus the power of wind. ;D

Top Bottom