• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MvC4

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Just some characters I'd really like to see in Infinite:
Capcom:
1. Ingrid
2. Rashid
3. Captain Commando
4. Jin
5. Asura
6. Leon Kennedy
7. Gene
8. Akira Kazama
9. Rouge
10. Tessa

Marvel:
1. Black Panther
2. Luke Cage
3. Venom
4. Daredevil
5. Ms. Marvel
6. Moon Knight
7. Green Goblin
8. Loki
9. Elektra
10. Scarlet Witch

I would concur we won't see anything on MVCI until at least E3, MVCI was revealed well after Injustice 2 was, so I'm not surprised that the MVCI reveals will be later as well. I trust they'll get it right. And I would expect MVCI to be delayed until 2018, as well.
The "When's Mahvel?" meme is very appropriate right now. :laugh:
But anyways yeah, we'll most definitely see the game at E3.

LeifangHitomi85

Smash Rookie
If anything, I would expect the base roster would look like this at best.

CAPCOM: Ryu, Edward Falcon, Charlie Nash, Chun-Li, Mike Haggar, Dante (DMC4), Vergil (DMC4), Mega Man X, Zero, Morrigan, Felicia, Jedah, Frank West, Nathan Spencer, Chris Redfield, Leon S. Kennedy

MARVEL: Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, Thor, Loki, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Venom, Dr. Octopus, Doctor Strange, Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon w/ Groot, Thanos

Unlockable: Ultron and Sigma

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm just wondering why Capcom is taking their sweet time releasing even one tiny bit of new information for this game when it's suppose to come out this year.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I'm just wondering why Capcom is taking their sweet time releasing even one tiny bit of new information for this game when it's suppose to come out this year.
1) The competition's doing it. Injustice 2 was revealed at E3 but the reveals only started around early 2017, roughly five months before its release. KoF14 was known about for a while, but most of the teams were revealed on a weekly basis over the few months before the game's release.

2) Capcom wants to polish the game further before more of the game is available to the public eye.

3) Potentially, the game was delayed to 2018 to avoid a SFV scenario, though I heavily doubt this.

Last edited:

LeifangHitomi85

Smash Rookie
If we're going by Mega Man reps in MvCI, the chances of Tron Bonne returning is very unlikely. Also, I just don't see Roll getting in either due to the roster size, which means we might be getting an all X series cast (X, Zero, and Sigma) in the end. :)

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Tron Bonne better be back or I'll be burning Capcom to the ground.

THE GROUND.

LeifangHitomi85

Smash Rookie
Tron Bonne better be back or I'll be burning Capcom to the ground.

THE GROUND.
Yeah. Good luck with that because there's a good chance that we're getting Howard the Duck as a replacement for her if you've played Marvel's Contest of Champions. ;)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah. Good luck with that because there's a good chance that we're getting Howard the Duck as a replacement for her if you've played Marvel's Contest of Champions. ;)
That's the dumbest idea ever. Like Howard is perfectly capable of being a fighting game without putting him in a giant mech.

LeifangHitomi85

Smash Rookie
That's the dumbest idea ever. Like Howard is perfectly capable of being a fighting game without putting him in a giant mech.
Yeah, I was just being sarcastic about Howard the Duck. The chances of him getting in makes as much sense as Roll and Proto Man getting in which is very unlikely due to the speculated roster, which is 32-34 characters at best. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Since we have not heard anything after it was announced back in December 2016 and it's supposed to come out this year, I'm almost 100% certain that MvCI is getting delayed into 2018.

LeifangHitomi85

Smash Rookie
Since we have not heard anything after it was announced back in December 2016 and it's supposed to come out this year, I'm almost 100% certain that MvCI is getting delayed into 2018.
I would expect the same as well.

Anyways, if we're getting alternate costumes for MvCI, I would expect the following. :)

Already Confirmed:

Mega Man X - Command Mission X

Iron Man - Classic Iron Man

Morrigan - Casual Wear/Human Form from UMvC3

Captain America - Civil War Captain America

Captain Marvel - Classic Ms. Marvel

Ryu - Street Fighter I Ryu

Guaranteed characters:

Chun-Li - Street Fighter Alpha Chun-Li

Dante - Sparta (Human Form) from UMvC3

Zero - Mega Man Zero series Zero

Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) - Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers) (for the lulz factor)

Hulk - Marvel NOW! Hulk

Black Widow - Thunderbolts

Alternate color palettes for already confirmed characters:

Mega Man X - Mega Man.EXE, Proto Man, and Double (X fought him during the events of Mega Man X4, so it makes sense)

Captain Marvel - Binary, Warbird, and S.H.I.E.L.D Captain Marvel

Ryu- Dark Red/black headband/black gloves, Blue outfit/yellow headband/yellow gloves, Evil Ryu, Dan Hibiki, Ken

Morrigan - Blonde hair with black leather and orange leggings and sleeves, Rose Flower, Light gray hair/white leather and wing bones/purple wing skins and sleeves/brown leggings, Lilith

Iron Man - Mark I, Silver Centurion, Stealth, Golden Avenger, Evil Iron Man, Age of Ultron, Nightclub, and Shotgun

Guaranteed to return:

Dante - Trish, Vergil, Nero, Diesel, Ryu (Breath of Fire)

Zero - Nightmare Zero, Black Zero, and Bass

Hulk - Red Hulk, Orange Hulk, Gray Hulk

Chun-Li - Black hair/Red dress, Pink dress and boots, Black dress, boots, and pantyhoses with red accents, Shadow Lady from MvC1

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I'm super excited for what came out today. Sure we got most of the guaranteed characters in already, and I'm fairly certain Zero, Felicia, Dante, Deadpool and possibly Wesker are not far behind (Zero not being in especially with Sigma and X part of the roster and story would be a big time bummer, but that isn't going to stop me from enjoying this game when it comes out.) But what stunned me was the release date, September of this year. I fully expected this to be released next year, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Super stoked that Sigma is going to be playable and Strider Hiryu is also confirmed.

Not so stoked that Sigma is a post launch DLC character, announcing post launch DLC characters BEFORE the game is even out yet, and the price tag on the Collectors Editions being a little TOO high for my liking. $200! Are you kidding me?

Definitely feeling a little bit uneasy on all this info since it's Capcom we're dealing with.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
They are literally making one of the central villains as a DLC character before the game is even released. REALLY?

Also I hate to nitpick but some of these models are just really bad (what is going on with Chun-Li's face/legs?).

Hate to say it but I'm already starting to lose excitement. Hoping we get more character reveals/other news that changes my mind, because right now I'm very skeptical considering how Capcom has been handling SFV.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I was inspired to watch the MvC3 trailers again and they hold up even after all this time.

(what is going on with Chun-Li's face/legs?).

AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :eek:

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
It's been confirmed that there will be no cross-play and no fight money system like in SFV. Those two things are the only reason SFV isn't completely dead to me. Unless they announce something really cool, I have no interest in this game at all.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
It's been confirmed that there will be no cross-play and no fight money system like in SFV. Those two things are the only reason SFV isn't completely dead to me. Unless they announce something really cool, I have no interest in this game at all.
If SFV's mediocre Monopoly money and shoddy crossplay are the only things keeping you interested I don't know how you're still playing SFV tbh.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My impressions of the game have been pretty lukewarm at the start. The more time passes, I'm actually looking forward to seeing what we can do. I love the creativity behind the versus games. No assists made it sound like they were going to water things down, especially after knowing it was cut down to 2v2. Seeing how the tag in system works, I'm excited to break it.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
If SFV's mediocre Monopoly money and shoddy crossplay are the only things keeping you interested I don't know how you're still playing SFV tbh.
I only really play it every Thursday just so I can do the weekly 5,000 FM challenge so I can eventually buy characters (though I sometimes try to do a few other FM challenges every-now-and-then). The online sucks though at least the crossplay is there so the PC version isn't completely dead. Even then the only people I usually find are 3 bar Japanese/Brazilian players with the occasional 1 bar player from Africa.

Take away these two things and there is literally no reason for me to play SFV when no new content is around.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
The roster was apparently leaked a few days ago.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...nfinite-roster-leaked-includes-28-characters/

Featuring a whopping 28 characters (to compare, the original MvC3 had 36 launch characters). If this roster is true then I'll just be sticking to UMvC3.
*sighs* whilst I do feel parts of the roster felt like safe choices, some of them are quite questionable and I can see why everywhere on the Internet are voicing their displeasure.

Anyways, I think I will be in the minority and say that I am actually quite interested in the newcomer choices and I am still hoping that the game play and content is good.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Some more footage was shown at E3.

It's now officially confirmed that special moves such as DPs are performed through down + down + punch as opposed to the regular DP input.
Edit: Some characters like Ryu still have traditional DPs, but for the most part they're simplified.

Also 3 months away and these models are still hideous:

The trailer showed Gamora which basically confirms the previous roster leaks. Also are there really no Capcom newcomers aside from Sigma right now? If so then that's just stupid. I'm really trying to look at all the bright sides of this game but I just can't right now.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Also 3 months away and these models are still hideous:
It seems to me that the game looks better when your in versus mode as opposed to story mode. Like, look at the gameplay trailer then look at the story trailer. The difference is rather astounding.
The trailer showed Gamora which basically confirms the previous roster leaks.
Not necessarily. The trailers also show Zero, who was not on the leaked roster.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hopefully it'll be like Injustice 2 and the team will go back and update the models. If not it'd be disappointing, but not a deal breaker IMO. The gameplay itself looks great in-motion and the fusion stages look gorgeous (Wakanda x Monster Hunter?)

I think a lot of the complaints towards the game are a tad over exaggerated. That said, Capcom probably should delay this another month or two to squeeze in Sigma/BP and add further polish. I think they're focused too much on SFV's mistakes that they're creating new ones in the process.

Not necessarily. The trailers also show Zero, who was not on the leaked roster.
The leaker stated they were missing a Capcom character and that they would be a MvC3 vet, beyond that they guessed Frank West. There is still hope, but this latest round of info only strengthens the rumors' credibility.

I think it would have been nice for more representation from other Capcom series, but oh well. Zero's definitely more popular so hopefully this helps boost the rumored base roster.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Full roster apparently datamined thanks to on-disc DLC:

https://twitter.com/therealzef/status/874794603492372480

(Keep in mind that some on the list are most likely story mode enemies, like Symbiote Solider and Restraint Thanos).

It seems like this list includes DLC characters, as Sigma is there and a ton of other characters are shown that I highly doubt will be in the initial release (and weren't in previous leaks). Didn't Capcom learn their lesson about on-disc DLC content with SFxT since their files are already programmed in the game?

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Full roster apparently datamined thanks to on-disc DLC:

https://twitter.com/therealzef/status/874794603492372480

(Keep in mind that some on the list are most likely story mode enemies, like Symbiote Solider and Restraint Thanos).

It seems like this list includes DLC characters, as Sigma is there and a ton of other characters are shown that I highly doubt will be in the initial release (and weren't in previous leaks). Didn't Capcom learn their lesson about on-disc DLC content with SFxT since their files are already programmed in the game?
The list is missing Ant-Man which was strongly hinted by the leakers.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Good thing they went with the classic Frank West instead of the crappy DR4 one.

D

Deleted member

I'm actually surprised that they revealed Haggar and Frank West. I thought they would be DLC characters... unless they are completed characters that they will sell as DLC. >_>
Admittedly, this roster is shaping up to be... disappointing and the small roster with planned DLC hurts even more. I am not a fan of how they cut Wright and Amaterasu either.

I will at least praise one of Spider-Man's supers in the trailer where he dodges the Green Goblin's bombs and uses one to attack; that was straight from Spider-Man 1 and I thought that was pretty cool!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'm actually surprised that they revealed Haggar and Frank West. I thought they would be DLC characters... unless they are completed characters that they will sell as DLC.
West is confirmed playable from the start. I haven't seen any footage of Haggar, though, so...

Top Bottom