• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Muskegon House Tournament: RED Edition - June 15th, 2013 - Muskegon, MI

lordhelmet

Smash Master
The point was to reduce the catering by not having 4 of 7 starters be the same stage.

The point is that you are not catering at all because you are selecting stages based on neutrality only, and not arbitrarily adding stages in because of character match-ups.

In the case of catering to characters that cannot kill vertically, just swap in Dreamland.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
The point is that you are not catering at all because you are selecting stages based on neutrality only, and not arbitrarily adding stages in because of character match-ups.

In the case of catering to characters that cannot kill vertically, just swap in Dreamland.
I don't quite follow what you're getting at here. The point of only having one triangle stage instead of four is so that we're not catering to matchups... there are definitely characters that are disadvantaged on triangle stages (and characters who are more advantaged by triangle stages) so it makes sense that you limit the amount of advantage one can gain through striking by /not having four of that exact same advantage on Game 1/.

It's impossible to come up with a stage list (or even a tier list, or anything, really) without taking into account the playing field. Matchups are affected by stages, there's really no way to dispute that. So by changing the starter stages to something varied but not janky, game 1 becomes more neutral.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I really don't care about the ruleset lol, all I am trying to say that if I were to make a custom ruleset, my neutrals would be selected as neutrals only based on actual stage structure (the most neutral stages possible) and not even consider variety, blast zones, match-ups, whatever because that lets subjectivity leak in. Which gives BF/FD/PS2 as a starting point. Probably add SV and one other.

But really I would just run default because of the SSS.

Now that I think about it why are Green Hill and WarioWare considered CPs in the default ruleset?

Dopey

Smash Lord
When did dreamland become not nuetral...just edgeguard them like every other stage in the game loll

JTsm

Smash Master
When did dreamland become not nuetral...just edgeguard them like every other stage in the game loll
Then every stage would be considered neutral by that logic. lol.

Just keep it simple guys... Bottom 7 and the rest on the first page CP's....

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Idk if I have the day off work yet but who is driving to this from grand rapids/rockford area?

I think Benji is the man to see, that carpool would be Benji, root, CC, myself, TBird, Cocksock, and you (to my knowledge, he said he could fit 7 - easy gas split). If not, TBird or Cocksock will be taking us and we could take a 4th.

Dopey

Smash Lord
Your right about the logic, that's y they created all the levels they did jus everyone don't kno how to play on all the levels...

I miss the boat as a nuetral :*(

RED6

Smash Apprentice
Alright, you whiney little ****s, we'll just use the bottom as neutrals.
So needy.
xD

I only took out Dreamland just because of the wind hazard. It may be minor, but I like to avoid anything that might hinder play. Otherwise, I didn't even think about stages in the sense of match-ups.

JTsm

Smash Master
Ban Sonic while you're at it.

:denzel:

Also, if I arrive around 5-6pm, will I'll be able to sign up for PM singles in time?

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Alright, you whiney little ****s, we'll just use the bottom as neutrals.
So needy.
xD

I only took out Dreamland just because of the wind hazard. It may be minor, but I like to avoid anything that might hinder play. Otherwise, I didn't even think about stages in the sense of match-ups.
better ban smashville too then, with that minor balloon hazard that likes to **** up PK kids ;)

RED6

Smash Apprentice
Better ban that Red guy too
:yeahboi:

Yeah, JTsm, you'll be fine. The schedule is more of a guideline. I figure there will be some people who will be hopping in just before it starts regardless of what time I have the registration set to end. lol.

JTsm

Smash Master
Sweet thanks. I can only drop by a certain time, but that gives me some comfort. ;P

whitmorethetoadpirate

Smash Apprentice
I have to work saturday night GGs fellas v-v
NOOOOOOO. This is really dumb, Jason you need to show up to more tourneys. F work, that's for losers....

Edit: So I guess I'm not working on Saturday now, I'm not sure how that works, but I should be good to go now for the tourney. Though I do need a teammate for doubles. Anyone interested?

W.C.N

Smash Lord
I'm feelin' dat hype. I wonder if I'm even gonna go a set with one character this time... I keep playing and liking more characters every day.
this is why your sonic will never be as good as wizzrobe

whitmorethetoadpirate

Smash Apprentice
Well I knew you got 5th at Lake Effect with Luigi since I went and got 4th in P:M with Sheik. Also, I think I'm gonna end up teaming with lordhelmet. Sorry D:

whitmorethetoadpirate

Smash Apprentice
Story is fine but it is still less neutral than Norfair. Bottom blast zone is *** (Ike can't even fall-off fair without dying), Randall, and an uneven surface (I can only assume this is why Cavern and Skyloft are CPs, but obviously to a much greater degree of uneveness).
LOL, I definitely just noticed this now. Lordy trying to cater to his one of his own mains ololololo.

Artificial Flavour

Smash Apprentice
Story is fine but it is still less neutral than Norfair. Bottom blast zone is *** (Ike can't even fall-off fair without dying), Randall, and an uneven surface (I can only assume this is why Cavern and Skyloft are CPs, but obviously to a much greater degree of uneveness).

Don't go down there Jeff!!

Artificial Flavour

Smash Apprentice
What time does the venue close?

Also, does any one from GR have an open seat? Everyone I was riding with bailed and I was wondering if I could meet someone in GR and carpool the rest of the way.

JTsm

Smash Master
I had a LOT of fun at this. West MI has the most chill peeps. <3

Top Bottom