• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music you think is missing?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Here are the KH songs currently in Smash:
  1. Dearly Beloved -Swing Version-*
  2. Night of Fate
  3. Destati
  4. Destiny’s Force
  5. Shrouding Dark Cloud
  6. Hand in Hand
  7. Blast Away -Gummi Ship II-
  8. Hollow Bastion
  9. Scherzo Di Notte
  10. Fragments of Sorrow
*Unlocked via save data for Melody of Memory on Switch.

Here are some songs I would've liked to see:
  1. Forze del Male
  2. Another Side
  3. The 13th Struggle
  4. Sinister Sundown
  5. Tension Rising
  6. Working Together
  7. Vim and Vigor
  8. The Encounter
  9. Darkness of the Unknown
  10. The Other Promise
  11. Rage Awakened
  12. Lord of the Castle
  13. Vector to the Heavens
  14. Enter the Darkness
  15. Dismiss
  16. No More Bugs!
  17. L’Impeto Oscuro
  18. Wave of Darkness
  19. Anger Unchained
  20. Rise of the Union
  21. Forza Finale
  22. Edge of Existence

D

Deleted member

Although I'll never understand why you can say "hell" (Ken's "Hell Wheel") but not "damn" (Mass Destruction)
It's been a year since I posted this and one thing I discovered is that the Persona 5 song "Whims of Fate" has the line "hot as hell" censored while we now have "Hell's Gate" from Sephiroth and Gates of Hell from Kazuya. Does this have to do with the phrasing?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's been a year since I posted this and one thing I discovered is that the Persona 5 song "Whims of Fate" has the line "hot as hell" censored while we now have "Hell's Gate" from Sephiroth and Gates of Hell from Kazuya. Does this have to do with the phrasing?
It’s for reasons like this that I wish Smash had a “Mild Lyrics” descriptor in its rating for future games

only strong swears like the s-word or f-word should be censored and the only gaming song I can think of that has a swear like that is Sol’s theme from some Guilty Gear game. If you know you know

and no sexually suggestive lyrics either

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
This might be a hot take but I feel like there should have been some more music in the Persona category. Whilst I'm glad we didn't get limited to purely P5, it's odd that we got quite limited in some ways. Some ideas here:

Keeper of Lust: Kinda a no-brainer given the nature of its use as an early-game boss theme. It also has that cool Smash-y vibe to it... how do I describe it, I have no idea.

Will Power: Another seemingly obvious choice, given its metal-like nature and literally being in battles... so why wouldn't it be here?

Blooming Villain: A really different sound overall, but given it's a cool theme for bosses, I think it would have worked well in Smash.

The Whims of Fate: A personal pick? Yeah, admittedly, but I feel this would fit well. It has that wonderfully groovy feeling and happens to be pretty popular.

Tokyo Daylight: Whilst it might seem too upbeat to really be a battle theme, this really applies to any "overworld" theme. It seems like it's a weird omission - a way to represent the "social" aspect of Persona would be cool, and music seems like a great way to do it. The main other point here is Layer Cake, which I think would have also been a really neat inclusion.

Literally anything from P5D: This... feels bizarre. Like, even just GROOVY (the main theme of the title) would have been a pretty good shout - and P5D released several months before Joker's announcement. I think it would have been cool to get a few remixes in there actually - my own suggestions being the Last Surprise remix by ☆Taku Takahashi, the Whims of Fate remix by Yukihiro Fukutomi, and Triumph, a remix of the victory theme in the game. (On this note, it would have been cool if the second Shujin costume were replaced with the P5D design?) I suggest this because at this point, Persona is very much defined, in some ways, by its spinoffs - it's literally a spinoff itself, after all.

Break In To Break Out: Whilst this is from the P5 anime, which is... garbage, the song itself is absolute fire, and given we've got the Advent remixes in Smash now, it feels like a weird omission. This also applies to Dark Sun to a lesser extent, but the former makes more sense.

It's not like Atlus wouldn't have had any of these, but I want to stress that I'm genuinely really glad we got P3 and P4 music. As much as I'd love to suggest stuff from the rest of the Persona series, as well as some more P3/P4 stuff and even some SMT tracks, I feel like... there's a surprising number of omissions, which is kinda disappointing for a series famed for having exceptional music.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
With certain Mii Costume updates and Spirit Events, I would've loved a song from each of the games they're doing a Spirit Event for in free updates.

Spirit Events
  1. Fuse Man Stage for Mega Spirits (would also come with Spirits of Mega Man 11's Robot Masters)
  2. Nintendo Labo for SMASH KIT
  3. Tal Tal Heights (Heroic) for Return to Koholint
  4. Main Menu - DAEMON X MACHINA for Arsenals at the Ready
  5. Main Theme - Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield for New Galar Region Pokémon Discovered
  6. Assault Fire for Oust Resident Evil
  7. Savior for Chain the Future to Spirits
  8. Title - Ring Fit Adventure for Spirits Fit for a Fight
  9. Meridian Child for Spirits of Mana
  10. Battle of Hyrule Field for Age of Calamity
  11. Fury Bowser I for Bowser's Fury
  12. E.M.M.I. (Chase) for Spirits of Dread
Mii Costumes
  1. Theme of Mystical Ninja for Goemon
  2. Ride the Tiger for Akira & Jacky
  3. Ezio's Family for Altaïr
  4. Main Theme - Fallout 4 for Vault Boy
  5. N.M.H. for Travis
  6. Beware the Forest's Mushrooms for Geno
  7. Ground Theme - Ghosts 'n Goblins for Arthur
  8. Lloyd for Llyod
  9. Dragonborn for Dragonborn
  10. Devils Never Cry for Dante
  11. At Doom's Gate for Doom Slayer

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
In my opinion, basically any Mother battle music, especially from Earthbound. I find it so weird looking back that Earthbound's battle music didn't make it into Smash, well, ever - despite "battle music" being objectively the most fitting types of music for an RPG series to get here. Admittedly, I think it'd be cool to see said battle music arrive with an all new character though - someone like Porky bringing them in as well as other tracks like Porky Means Business! would be really cool to see (even if I'd personally prefer to see Starman, but hey - that's just me.)

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
Here are some notable suggestions I had (my actual wishlist would probably cover like 5 pages)
Super Mario and any spinoffs:
  • The original SMB3 Ground Theme (we have the ones for SMB, SMB2 and SMW, why not this one?)
  • Super Mario Land 2's Star Maze (this may be a far-out pick, but if Sakurai can make it happen I'll be happy)
  • Buoy Base Galaxy (arguably one of the best SMG songs and far better than the ones currently in the game)
  • World Bowser (Super Mario 3D World)
  • Beware The Forest's Mushrooms (if we can't get Geno in Smash, this is the next best thing)
  • Coconut Mall (one of the best Mario Kart Wii songs)
  • The Ultimate Show
Donkey Kong:
  • Literally anything from the mainline DKC games, especially Tropical Freeze (seriously you passed up Sawmill Thrill, Punch Bowl, and especially Volcano Dome in favor of another Jungle Level remix?)
Zelda:
  • More boss themes
  • The original versions of Molgera's theme, the Great Sea, and Midna's Lament (even if the remixes sound decent, it was no reason to remove the originals)
  • The guardian battle theme from Breath of the Wild
Metroid:
  • Dark Samus's themes (why this wasn't included I'll never understand)
Yoshi:
  • The final boss theme from the OG Yoshi's Island (seriously how has it been this long?)
  • Special Course - Yoshi's Woolly World
Kirby:
  • Literally any song from games post-Return to Dream Land (notably Vagrant Counting Song of Retrospection, Dededestroyer Z, Dedede's Royal Payback (the Triple Deluxe version), and Running Through the New World)
  • The Greatest Warrior in the Galaxy
  • Checker Knights (it's high time arguably the best Air Ride music came back to Smash)
Pokémon:
  • Just better music in general, preferably some city themes and rival/villain battle themes, as well as Ultra Necrozma's theme
  • Primal Dialga's theme (I may not have played much Mystery Dungeon, but I know this theme is awesome and have wanted it in Smash since I first heard it)
Earthbound:
  • Natural Killer Cyborg, Cease to Exist, Battle with a Dangerous Foe, hell any battle music
F-Zero:
  • Literally any song from F-Zero X or GX (especially Captain Falcon's theme in the latter game)
Fire Emblem:
  • Honestly too many to list given how much amazing music is in these games but some standout examples are Twilight of the Gods, God-Shattering Star (I will never forgive Sakurai for not including this with Byleth's DLC), and any Fates music that isn't another version of Lost in Thoughts All Alone (I'm starting to get sick of that song)
Game & Watch:
  • As Perkilator Perkilator mentioned, I too would appreciate some Game & Watch Gallery music as well (if you're gonna give Game & Watch music its own section, at least give it more than the same two songs)
Kid Icarus:
  • Skyworld from the OG game (it's literally the only song missing from the game, and no I'm not counting the song that used to be called Skyworld in Brawl then got changed to its proper name of Overworld)
  • Medusa's battle theme from Uprising
Wario:
  • Hell, more music in general, especially from Wario Land
Metal Gear Solid:
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengance's OST. ALL OF IT.
Sonic:
  • Like FE, there are too many to list but some notable examples are Chemical Plant Zone, Stardust Speedway (Bad Future), E.G.G.M.A.N, I Am (All Of Me), Crisis City (say what you will about '06, but this song rocks), and more Mania song (also I would appreciate more remixes as well)
Pikmin:
  • Ai No Uta (it was in Brawl and Smash 4, why not in Ultimate?)
Mega Man:
  • More Mega Man X music
(I'll continue the rest at a later time)

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Still will argue that God shattering star should’ve been in instead of Fòdlan Winds.

Top Bottom