• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music Recommendations: For the sincerely interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy Ji

Smash Apprentice
Audioslave: Be Yourself, Exploder, Shadow on the Sun

Soundgarden: The Day I Tried to Live, Black Hole Sun, Blow Up the Outside World

Rammstein: Benzin, Zerstoren, Spring

Late Night Alumni: Empty Streets, Rainy Days

Just a few

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
For anybody who thinks that they're truly open-minded when it comes to music. Give Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band a listen.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
MATTRACH Rox

if you like the guitar you should listen to his music serch him on youtube.com he is a 16 year old prodigy.:)
some of his are
Some french song i forgot the name (thats not the title)
new cannon rock 2
my life
error system
you
undergroove and more

:cool:

saberhof

Smash Master
Artist: A Day to Remember
Album: For those who have heart
Genre: Hardcore

Pretty fun songs, catchy mostly.

Artist: All that Remains
Album: the Fall of ideals

This is how hardcore should be played, one of my idols in hardcore music, the best.

Artist: Underminded
Album: Eleven:Eleven
Genre: Hardcore/punk

just get it, its too hot, many original beats to headbang to. :)

Artist: As i lay Dying
Album: An ocean Between us

new, awesome, great band, cool CD to add to a collection and very awesome tunes.

Artist: August Burns Red
Album: Thrill seeker
Genre: Hardcore(again :) )

fun band =)

Artist: Caliban
Album: The Undying Darkness
Genre: HARDCORE (loll)

pretty cool band, nothing out of the ordinary, but still cool.

AH almost forgot

Artist: Chiodos
Album: Bone Palace Ballet
Genre: Rock/emo

very awsome, catchy, one of my favorites!, listen to "Life Is a Perception Of Your Own Reality"

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
I havnt read through ALL of the thread but from what ive seen this band didnt come up

Artist: The Fall
Genre: Punk-Rock, Post Punk, Indie Rock, Flirtations with techno but not enough to really be classified, Rock in some cases
Essential: This Nations Saving Grace (1985), Hex Enduction Hour (1982)
Wild Card Choise: The Infotainment Scan (1993)
Marmite (love/hate): Live At The Witch Trails (1977)
Basicly...: Essentially The Fall are one of those cult post-punk bands that subtly helped change the face of indie rock and alternative music. Sonic Youth, Pavement, Franz Ferdinand, even Wu Tang Clan's GZA quotes The Fall as an influence. Mark E Smiths mancunian mumblings are, in-a-nut-shell, crazy. From subject matter from spaceships to bingo halls Mark E Smith spits his prose in a lyrical attack unlike any other. They were famously John Peel's favourite band, if you dont know who John Peel is he is the radio DJ responsible for bringing such acts as Jimi Hendrix, The Smiths, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, The White Stripes, Blur, The Undertones, PJ Harvey, Belle And Sebastian, T-Rex, Pink Floyd, John Mayall and the Blus Breakers amongst many others to widespread radio play and sucess is Britain. Its a band you really need to sample. I advise you take me up on my recomendations if your a fan of american lo-fi and indie rock bands such as Sonic Youth, Pavement, Guided By Voices or Built To Spill or British post-punk acts such as Joy Division, Gang of Four or Half Man Half Biscuit and the newer dance-punk bands such as Franz Ferdinand, LCD Soundsystem, Radio 4 and TV On The Radio.

Artist: Creedence Clearwater Revival
Genre: Hard Rock, Country, Southern Rock, Classic Rock
Essential: Cosmos Factory(1970), Green River (1969), Willy and the Poor Boys (also 1969)
Wild Card: Bayou County (1969 again - these guys were prolific to say the least during that time)
Basicly...: Probably the greatest hard rock (although thats debateable) band post-Black Sabbath/Led Zeppelin. One of the best bands to sum the 60's and that time of history. Never afraid to speak their mind they were really critical of the vietnam war ('Run Through the Jungle' 'Fourtante Son'). Probably the greatest band to come from Americas south (which is really saying something) and one id recomend to Grateful Dead fans as well as fans of that era's music ie - Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and for fans of good rock n roll. Like the segment in Die Hard 4 about them. If John McLayne says they rule you best belive they rule.

Some albums id like to recomend everyone despite music preference:

Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Intervention - Freak Out! (1966)- Weird as sh*t but da*mn clever. Cheap sarcasim is forever as one review said somewhere.
Download: Trouble Every Day, Hungry Freaks Daddy

Eels - Electro Shock Blues (1998) - Written after Mark Evertte's mother died of cancer and his sister commited suicide its suprising this album is at times so bright. Although an album about death and grief (take note My Chemical Romance on how its done) the album is full of hope and tales of redemption (i know that sounds so pretentious but you really should listen)
Download: 3 Speed, Last Stop: This Town

Madness - Absolutly (1980) - Unknown everywhere outside of Britain where they are national treasures as beloved as tea, Steven Fry or football violence. Their most underated album since 'One Step Beyond...' and 'Rise and Fall' get most the credit but this is the one id recomend. Pop magnifigance.
Download: Baggy Trousers, On The Beat Pete

Parliament - Mothership Connection (1975) - Why I wish I were born black.
Download: Handcuffs, P-Funk (Wants to get Funked Up)

drengist

Smash Journeyman
Band name/Artist: Nobuo Uematsu
Album: Final Fantasy 6-10 Piano Collections (5 different albums for five different games)
Genre: Solo Piano Instrumental
Other Notes: FF VI, VII, VIII, IX, X - pure magic. Officially best music in the world. You don't even need to play the games. Once you have listened this, you are hooked for rest of your life. Beautiful, ingenious.

Cfhero25

Smash Rookie
Band name/Artist: Disturbed
Album: The Sickness Believe and Ten THousand Fists
Genre: Hardrock
Other notes: this band is just awesome and good
they have a pretty bad-*** sound and some good songs like Stricken And Sons of Plunders

Philosophize

Smash Apprentice
I'm not trying to sound condescending or insulting, but can someone tell me why, for the love of God, you would listen to crude, angry, death metal music?

Oh, and your life isn't complete if you don't listen to Rush.

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
I just looked through pages 1, 10, and 11, and I already saw some of the artists I liked.

I was really glad to see Enya and Within Temptation mentioned ^_^ They're both really good.

Artist: Enya
Genre: a mix of Irish and Classical
Songs: Orinoco Flow, Wild Child, May it Be, Only Time, some others

Artist: Within Temptation
Genre: Symphonic Metal
Songs: Within Temptation~ Memories, Ice Queen, The Howling, Dark Wings, Julian

If anyone is interested, here's another artist I like:

Artist: Shreya Ghoshal
Genre: Indian Music (not Native American)
Songs: Silsila ye Chaahat ka (http://youtube.com/watch?v=_xzP4bF8RPo)
Agar Tum Mil Jao, Dola Re Dola, and some others that I can't remember how to spell

EDIT: I forgot an amazing one!!!!

Artist: Sarah Brightman (and Andrea Bocelli)
Genre: Crossover (opera style made more modern)
Songs: Time to Say Goodbye (it's an amazing song that I think most people have heard. It's they song that plays at the begining of Blades of Glory)
The Phantom of the Opera (not my favorite, but another more popular one)
Tu Quieres Volver, Scarborough Fair (the original is better)

Time to Say Goodbye is amazing though ^_^

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Haven 't looked through the thread, but for you budding musicians out there, I seriously reccomend Symphony X, if prog metal is your thing, along with Dream Theater of course.

Michael Romeo (Symphony X) - incredible tapping technique and stuff, and the man riffs like a monster.

John Petrucci (DT) - Nuff Said. You guitarists / musicians should already know the man.

In fact for both the above bands, I could rant about every single member of them for ages.

For some crazy neo-classical shred, with impeccable technique, I reccomend checking out Rob Marcello. Beautiful floating hand picking, sharp sweeping, lovely tapping and legato to boot.

Whoever mentioned Paul Gilbert, the man is a legend. Absolutely adore him, one of my idols.

And all the usual guys are definitely worth a listen, if you haven't heard them already - Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Shawn Lane etc. etc.

Always listen to a variety of music, if your a musician. Broaden your horizons so to speak, everything from classical (different periods), to jazz, to metal etc. All good for you ;)

Dave

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
To anyone who likes metal: Check out some of the German industrial metal bands. Yes, you've probably heard of Rammstein, but check out Oomph!, Eisbrecher, Megaherz, Schweisser, and Stahlhammer. They all sound very unique, and are great live.

debaser

Smash Lord
my albums of the now:

Asobi Seksu - Citrus 2006 release. Light, drifty female vocals, and often loud but texturous guitars.
Tracks: "New Years", "Thursday"

Massive Attack - Mezzanine Center of the "trip-hop" genre. Mezzanine is filled with low, slow, intense beats. Many different styles of vocalists from song to song.
Tracks: "Angel", "Teardrop" <- House theme song :)

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless One of the most heralded albums of the 90s. Look at Asobi Seksu's description. But MBV did this 15 years ago... and way better.
Tracks: "Only Shallow", "When You Sleep"

The Notwist - Neon Golden The most indie thing here, though sprinkled with electronica. Laid-back vocals.. never whiny.
Tracks: "Pick Up the Phone", "Trashing Days"

Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation Beginning of indie? Beginning of noise-rock? Pinnacle of post-punk? It's all right here.
Tracks: "Teen Age Riot", "The Sprawl"

Tim Hecker - Harmony in Ultraviolet 2006 release. Imagine the Lord of the Rings soundtrack, but fuzzier and trippier.
Tracks: "Chimeras", "Dungeoneering"
all of these albums are really great, especially Loveless.

Also, MBV is pretty much certain to be reuniting. Maybe even a new album this year.

edit: Here is the first part of an interview he did a few days ago for a program called "Soft Focus"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bwU9OCG2hY

Nrock55

Smash Rookie
Streetlight Manifesto
Ska/ Punk
For those of you who do not know, Ska is punk influenced music with brass instruments and saxophones. Very excellent genre and if you are looking for technical/ unique music look at ska bands!
Album: Somewhere In the Between, Everything Goes Numb
Songs: We Will Fall Together, Down Down Down To Mephisto's Cafe, Somewhere in the Between, Everything Goes Numb.

Necrophagitst
Technical Death Metal
Album: Onset of Putrification

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Haven 't looked through the thread, but for you budding musicians out there, I seriously reccomend Symphony X, if prog metal is your thing, along with Dream Theater of course.
You should give Vanden Plas a try. They're not really virtuosic, like the musicians you mentioned, but they have a similar sound to Dream Theater, pretty good songwriting, and I just plain like them.

Albums: Christ.0, Beyond Daylight, Colour Temple, actually they're all good.

Songs: January Sun, Postcard to God, End Of All Days, Judas, Silently, How Many Tears, Back to Me.

I've had Christ.0 for a while, but just got their full discography recently so my openion on them isn't completely formed yet.

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman
I've been a huge fan of Psytrance (a.k.a. GOA Trance) for a number of years now. It's a strange genre, and not something you usually think of when you imagine techno/trance, instead combining any (and sometimes every) instrument and musical style that exists (though the most popular style, and my favorite, to mix in is rock and metal) and mixes them seamlessly with electronic notes to create something wholly unique and twisted.

I find it to be quite inspiring, which shouldn't be too much of a surprise considering that the genre was originally created to "enhance" the effects of hallucinogenic drugs, though you don't have to be hallucinating to enjoy it (hell, I've heard from people who do use those drugs say the music is far too "instense" to listen to while high). I'd recommend to everyone to at least give it a listen, since much of it is so different from anything else you'll hear, though fans of rock, metal or electronic music are probably the most likely to enjoy it. Below are a few of my personal favorite groups and songs that I recommend to check out.

Artist: Infected Mushroom
Albums: The Gathering, Classical Mushroom, B.P. Empire, Vicious Delicious
Songs: Vicious Delicious, The Missed Symphony, Montoya Remix, B.P. Empire, Deeply Disturbed, Becoming Insane, Stretched

Artist: SUN Project
Album: Wicked
Songs: Wicked, Wiper MK III, These Guys

Artist: The Misted Muppet
Album: From The Legend

Artist: Shpongle
Album: Tales of the Inexpressible, Nothing Lasts... But Nothing is Lost
Songs: Divine Moments of Truth, Behind Closed Eyelids, Dorset Perception

Artist: Hypersonic
Songs: Zuma, Vida, Access Denied, The Begining of a Story

ProfessorX

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna have to say...
Album: Halo 2 soundtrack Vol. 2
Tracks: Well, Mombasa Suite is pretty good, but my fave is Mausoleum Suite, because anything with slurred "Covvy" speech and a slow, steady beat at the background is awsome.
Good For: Anyone who likes videogames/orchestral music. Also, the guitar thrown in on some movements/tracks is just beautiful

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
I'm an avid Post-Rock enthusiast, which sadly is a genre many haven't heard of. Post-Rock is a style of music that is usually instrumental, implementing vocals only as another instrument on occasion. Many Post-Rock songs are defined by the stark contrast in dynamics, usually starting low and building to a climax, then resolving. Much like any good story. In general Post-Rock is very mellow and relaxing, integrating complex polyphonic melodies with either strings, pianos, or guitars. I'll go ahead and leave the most influential of the genre.

Band Name: Mogwai -Scotland-
Albums: Mogwai Young Team, Come on Die Young, Rock Action, Happy Songs for Happy People, Mr. Beast
Favorite Tracks: Mogwai Fear Satan [Mogwai Young Team]

Band Name: Explosions in the Sky -United States-
Albums: How Strange Innocence, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever, The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place, All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone
Favorite Tracks: The Only Moment We Were Alone, Your Hand in Mine [The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place]

Band Name: God Speed You! Black Emperor -Quebec, Canada-
Albums: All Lights F*cked on the Hairy Amp Drooling, F#A# Infinity (the sign), Slow Riot for New Zer0 Kanada, Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven, Yanqui U.X.O.
Favorite Track: East Hastings [F#A# Infinity]

Band Name: Sigur Ros -Iceland-
Albums: Von, Agaetis byrjun, Takk, Hvarf-Heim, Rimur, Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do
Favorite Track: Svenf-g-englar [Agaetis byrjun]

Band Name: Mono -Japan-
Albums: Under the Pipal Tree, One Step More and You Die, Walking Cloud and Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered and the Sun Shined, You Are There
Favorite Track: Halycon (Beautiful Days)

Band Name: Do Make Say Think -Ontario, Canada-
Albums: Do Make Say Think, Besides, Goodbye Enemy Airship the Landlord is Dead, & Yet & Yet, Winter Hymn Country Hymn Secret Hymn, You You're a History in Rust
Favorite Track: A Tender History in Rust [You, You're a History in Rust]

chimmy

Smash Rookie
Paul Gilbert is pretty much the best guitarist ever, his best album is probably his first all instrumental album "Get Out of My Yard" so i would check that one out.
Buckethead is pretty freakin awesome too...but you gotta get the right albums cus some of them are full of random noise, try Pepper's Ghost, Population Override, or Monsters and Robots.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Could someone reccomend a good sad song? I don't mean just lyrics, but an overall depressing feel. I need a good one for an AMV I'm making (Samurai X)

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I'm not sure but System of a Down seems pretty depressing/sad.
They're a little too... fast paced for what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something kind of slow, but not too slow. Like Suteki Da Ne (a sad Final Fantasy X theme). SDN is way too long, though.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I'd have to recommend Jonathan Coulton. He does mostly humorous/peculiar stuff with a rock/pop/folk sound. His stuff frequently has either a 1) geeky, 2) sarcastic or 3) hilarious twist. His music is also amazingly catchy.

If you need any more convincing, he's also the guy who wrote the ending theme song for Portal. Do yourself a favor and check his stuff out. Go to his site, www.jonathancoulton.com and check the music section; you can get a lot of his stuff for free.

If you like what you hear, you can download all the songs from his podcast, "Thing a Week."

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
They're a little too... fast paced for what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something kind of slow, but not too slow. Like Suteki Da Ne (a sad Final Fantasy X theme). SDN is way too long, though.
Try something by HRSTA. Just check out the entire album Stem Stem in Electro and pick your favorite; it's only eight tracks long

Ninja-Z

Smash Rookie
I read only a few pages of this thread, so forgive me if some of my choices have already been mentioned.

ARTIST: The White Stripes
GENRE: Indie Rock / Alt.
BEST SONGS: "Icky Thump," "Fell in Love With a Girl," "My Doorbell"
OTHER NOTES: A two-man band consisting of vocalist/guitarist/pianist Jack White and his sister/ex-wife (nobody's really sure) Meg White, the drummer. What they lack in band members they more than make up for in the sheer audacity of their music. Weird, ranging from blues to ballads to the just plain abnormal. Their album "Icky Thump" is a good starting point, but be sure to check out some of their older stuff such as "Elephant" and "White Blood Cells."

ARTIST: The Cat Empire
GENRE: A fusion of jazz, ska, and R&B
BEST SONGS: "Sly," "The Car Song," "Hello"
OTHER NOTES: If you live outside Australia---as I do---then it might be a bit hard to find their stuff. As far as I know, only one of their albums, "Two Shoes," has made it out from down under. However, that one album and what little of their other stuff you can find is mind-blowing. It's hard to describe, but all I'll say is that if you can wrap your head around trumpet-backed rap followed by a piano solo and DJing, then you're in for a treat.

ARTIST: Frank Zappa / The Mothers of Invention
GENRE: No idea. Sometimes rock, sometimes jazz, occasionally classical; this guy does what he wants.
BEST SONGS: "My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama," "Muffin Man," "Catholic Girls"
OTHER NOTES: Frank Zappa is possibly the world's most eccentric musician, more so than even Prince. His music is a combination of complex arrangements that can easily captivate musical fanatics with odd key signatures and quirky techniques and silly lyrics that describe, amongst other interesting topics, eating yellow snow, raising dental floss in Montana, and an unspeakable disease that makes it hurt to pee. Start off with his album "Joe's Garage," but listen at your own risk.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
It's hard to describe, but all I'll say is that if you can wrap your head around trumpet-backed rap followed by a piano solo and DJing, then you're in for a treat.
Sounds like CocoRosie.
I really dislike CocoRosie

Anyways you should check out Captain Beefheart. Him and Frank Zappa did an album together

Ninja-Z

Smash Rookie
Sounds like CocoRosie.
I really dislike CocoRosie

Anyways you should check out Captain Beefheart. Him and Frank Zappa did an album together
I checked out Youtube to see who CocoRosie are, and from what I found, aside from the usage of a trumpet in some songs, there's no real similarity. The Cat Empire is really hard to explain, and my description hardly does them justice.

I'll have to check out Captain Beefheart, though. I've heard the name dropped a few times, but have heard nothing else of him.

Kaddy

Smash Journeyman
ARTIST: Panda Bear

ALBUM: Person Pitch

GENRE: Electronic / Alternative

NOTES: This is the guy from Animal Collective at his finest. I would recommend the tracks "Bros" and "Comfy in Nautica" for a first-time listener.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Artist: Dragonforce.

Genre: Hero Metal.

Notes: Sure the lyrics might sound dorky, but you grow into it, and let's face it, the guitarist can't be human.

Kilroy71

Smash Cadet
Band name/Artist: Mewithoutyou
Genre: Indie Rock
Other Notes: Their latest album, BrotherSister is absolutely amazing. Their best song would probably be "In a Sweater Poorly Knit"

Band name/Artist: Electric Light Orchestra
Genre: Arena Rock
Other Notes: A Great Group from the 70's. They make very good use of string instruments, as well as some other instruments that aren't widely used in rock music. Their best song depends on what type of music you like, because they play several styles of music. My favorite is Mr.Blue Sky.

Shipwreckbc

Smash Rookie
Hmm, it seems like alot of people here don't truly understand what "Heavy Metal" is.
As most of you believe that todays "Hardcore" is metal, or even real Hardcore.
Well, ill give some examples of what i really like, starting with each genre. The bands listed are just probably the best examples.

Death Metal
Testament (First Death Metal Band)
Death (Tied for first Death Metal Band)
Cannibal Corpse
Immolation
Amon Amarth
Atheist
Autopsy
DAATH
Hypocrisy

Black Metal
First off, id like to say, Cradle of Filth is NOT black metal. At all, in any way. There old stuff, from way back when, can be considered black metal, but not what they have now. Real examples of black metal would probably be.
Venom (First Black Metal Band)
Celtic Frost
Dark Throne
Mercyful Fate
King Diamond
Burzum
Shining

Thrash Metal
Slayer (No, they are not God)
Megadeth
Metallica
Anthrax
Sepultura (Only the old, the new sucks =/)
Soulfly
Exodus
Metal Church

Power Metal
Iced Earth
Blind Guardian
Demons And Wizards
Dragon Force
Symphony X

Grindcore
I know not everyones favorite, but it sure seems to be great amongst the "scene kids"
Id like to say, Job For A Cowboy, and every other band with the pig squels, etc. Are nowhere NEAR grindcore, or grinddeath, in any way ever possible.
Aborted
Gorgast
Napalm Death
Excrementory Grind****ers.

Heavy/Classic Metal
Black Sabbath (First Metal Band)
Danzig
Iron Maiden
Dio
Ozzy Osbourne
Gwar
AC/DC
Judas Priest
(hed) p.e. (Heavy Metal-Hip Hop)

Real Rap/Hip Hop
Run-DMC
Public Enemy
N.W.A.
2Pac
Kanye West
Wu-Tang Clan
Styles of Beyond
Mc Chris
Hollywood Undead
50 Cent is NOT real rap, not even real gangster rap, its just crap.

Rock
Foo Fighters
The Beatles
The Cure
Kiss
Guns N' Roses
Led Zeppelin
Tenacious D
U2
Nine Inch Nails

Reggae (suprised No one likes Reggae)
Bob Marley
Damian Marley
Ziggy Marley
Jimmy Cliff
UB40
Beenie Man
Maxi Priest

Ska
Suburban Legends (Old Stuff is Amazing)
Reel Big Fish
The Toasters
Mustard Plug
Dance Hall Crashers
Hepcat
The Forces Of Evil
Undercover S.K.A.

Alternative
Gorillaz
Blur
My Chemical Romance (sad, but true)
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Taking Back Sunday (Old)
The Used

Axe/Samba/Pagode (I'm Brasilian so i couldn't resist XD)
Chiclete Com Banana
Zeca Pagodinho
Ivete Sangalo
Charlie Brown Jr.
Gino E Geno

The only screamo bands i respect
Alexisonfire
From First To Last
He Is Legend

Any type of Classical music. Period.

Jazz or Blues
Robert Johnson
BB King
Michael Sweeney
Taj Mahal

Punk (I only really like old Punk, doesnt mean new is bad)
Misfits
Samhain
The Ramones
The 69 Eyes
Blood For Blood (more hardcore, but theyre amazing)
Iggy Pop
The Stooges

I had alot of time on my hands, and id like to see the music industry improve on its horrible roots of what it is today with the mainstream and what-not. Hope i dont attract alot of posers to the bands i listed.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Err, I wouldn't really classify Symphony X as power metal, it's most definitely more than that.

Perhaps progressive metal is a mroe suitable genre.

After all, you have them along side with Dragon Force, which is definitely inaccurate. I guess the other ones in there can count. Bands like Stratovarious also fit in there.

Symph X are really in a similar category to Dream Theater, so definitely progressive...

Dave

Shipwreckbc

Smash Rookie
Alright, i guess i can agree with Symphony X being progressive along with Dream Theatre (saw them live by the way). But they still incorperate alot of power metal sound into their music. And Dragonforce? As much as 80% of people hate them and dont want to truley consider them power metal, they deffinately are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom