• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

TheShadowz

Smash Apprentice
Anyways, wdf? I was all exited, learning a non MK main.. but noooooo, we move the tournament back to when I can't play.
We're busy during the week of the 24th, not the 30th Phloat.

Unless you have different personal plans than me.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
hmmm then what is brawl?

Runrunrunrun throw something runrunrunrunrun throw something sit in one spot campcampcampcampcampcamp bbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbb b.
No skill, Little need for spacing, and B spam. ahhhh yeah

oh edit: in my flaming fit i forgot to mention that we cannot do the tourney on the 16th. its gonna have to be the 30th
I wish it was this easy with Link, because I would win the **** out of tourneys
Spacing is so **** important with Link...

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
its not even a matter of discussion here. We have players that know how to beat MK. We have seen this with our very own eyes. Reflex took a game off of M2k with pokemon trainer, nes noob ***** some kids Mk with ****ing falcon
these things shouldn't even be possible if the character was omg broken.

every game has a great character with no bad matchups. every single one. that's the definition of "the best character in the game" Mk doesn't even have no hard matchups. ah whatever this is ********. no one takes brawl seriously enough to actually try to figure out how to play it, we'll just ban everything we don't like. am i wasting my time actually learning how to play the game?

-Chad-

Slackerator
If I recall correctly.

In Samurai Kirby, every character has an even matchup with every character..

Hahah I jest..

I don't care either way with the MK ban. He's the Fox of Brawl basically.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
nes noob ***** some kids Mk with ****ing falcon.
Don't use me as an example I don't know how to play the game. I just try Melee things with some changes since you know I play Melee instead of Brawl.

am i wasting my time actually learning how to play the game?
Yes......I might be biased but still yes. This is somewhat joking I would play bad doujin fighting games probably so I have no right to judge.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i mean I got into melee late but banning stuff is just so unprecedented usually. and the melee crowd understood that, every other fighting game community understands that. but I really think the reason is that no one cares enough about Brawl to try and figure the game out.

there is tons of OP **** in melee, but we dealt with it.

oh well I guess I should be happy because I play the now-best character lol
the problem is, MK didn't even really counter snake to begine with, I have to worry about random characters like pikachu and olimar

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
well the difference is that Melee has multiple Meta Knight class characters. So if someone gets fox you still have other OP choices. It doesn't make them less OP, it just gives you more choices in how you want to be OP.

Vandy

Smash Cadet
May 30? I'll be in Memphis for the Inevitable tournament. You're always picking the dates where I'll be somewhere else! Hope everyone has fun.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
My potsplit for my triweeklies is

1st- 50%
2nd- 30%
3rd- 15%
4th- 5%

I will ALWAYS argue that 4th should get something, they didn't tie with anyone else and went very very far. For them to not get anything is crazy in my opinion.

o shi date change on me...
Could be problematic since our tri-weekly after next will be 30th if schedule continues.
yeah a lot of people cant make the 23th cause of Graduation and 16th wont work cause of another tourney going on that day so 30th is really the only option i have open. we could switch dates i take 30th and you take 23rd?

TheShadowz

Smash Apprentice
yeah a lot of people cant make the 23th cause of Graduation and 16th wont work cause of another tourney going on that day so 30th is really the only option i have open. we could switch dates i take 30th and you take 23rd?
Doesn't that mean that everyone would miss his tournament? :)

and on a different note, any chance you'll use that 50, 30, 15, 5 % of the pot spread? I like that alot too.

TheShadowz

Smash Apprentice
No posts in 4 hours? thats gotta be a new record excluding when everyone sleeps.

-Chad-

Slackerator
well the difference is that Melee has multiple Meta Knight class characters. So if someone gets fox you still have other OP choices. It doesn't make them less OP, it just gives you more choices in how you want to be OP.
The biggest difference between Melee top tiers and brawl top tiers is that in brawl getting punished for something usually doesn't mean a lot whereas in melee getting punished as Fox/Falco could mean you getting *****.

That's how I always saw it anyway.

Rayku

Smash Lord
May 30th means I can't attend. It's about a 4 hour drive for me, so I'd like to get some housing of some form. The 29th is Female's graduation thingy, so I'd have to leave really early on the 30th to make it. Ah, well.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Doesn't that mean that everyone would miss his tournament? :)

and on a different note, any chance you'll use that 50, 30, 15, 5 % of the pot spread? I like that alot too.
i think ill do that. i like the idea

Edit: also after reading the SBR recommended rule list ive decided to unban/ban some stages.
This time im gonna have a Printed out Rule set.

Im unbanning Distant Planet and Port Town Aero Dive and im Banning Luigi's Mansion and Norfair.

xFayt

Smash Cadet

Edit: also after reading the SBR recommended rule list ive decided to unban/ban some stages.

Im unbanning Distant Planet and Port Town Aero Dive and im Banning Luigi's Mansion and Norfair.
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, NOT NORFAIR. MY FAVORITE STAGE.

On the otherhand, Snake's fun house is banned.

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
Sadly I might not make it since I have a new York trip to attend the tourney starts on the morning I come back so it's a possibility for me to attend but!! If I can't make it I want someone there to use sheik in rememberance of me. I only want 1 of these following ppl to main her in my time of absence; Kingpin,Milln,Boomcube,shadow,or slash. I'll give one of y'all my special reflex powers for a day :)

_Phloat_

Smash Champion

I dunno how fair those stages are, but they are better than what they are replacing so eh =D

<3 Port Town.

don't know why.

Cool beans. 30th is gonna be beast.
TL sucks at PT =\. I would imagine. Easy to force him to use his recovery.

Sadly I might not make it since I have a new York trip to attend the tourney starts on the morning I come back so it's a possibility for me to attend but!! If I can't make it I want someone there to use sheik in rememberance of me. I only want 1 of these following ppl to main her in my time of absence; Kingpin,Milln,Boomcube,shadow,or slash. I'll give one of y'all my special reflex powers for a day :)
Why not me >=[

TheShadowz

Smash Apprentice
Kingpin,Milln,Boomcube,shadow,or slash. I'll give one of y'all my special reflex powers for a day :)
How about since Kirby is now forever scarred by the vision of watching that ninja fly across the stage at him you give them to me!

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Not neccessarily TL Phloat =o

I have a whole myriad of characters at my disposal. I just like Port town in general.

Might learn Sheik for the fun of it.

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
Lol slash. U can't just leaaarn sheik. You gotta understand everything from her instant frames of lag and you gotta truly believe that sheik is a female :D haha

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying to inspire the use of more sheik users. So far I think I've done a good job :). However it's taken me since last September to get my sheik above normal so good luck dittoing me haha. I branch away from foolish character strategies lol

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Hey Ajax, hopefully we can get some friendlies before the tourney, your Sheik is too good. I want to find something to bring Link up like that but somehow I don't think it exists.

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
Many beleived it didn't exist for sheik. Your the best link player I've ever faced so surely your meant for greater things. All you need is a good imagination and new ways of approaching and defending. Work on your timing with dodging as well. If we get to play I'll help your speed out

TheShadowz

Smash Apprentice
Imagine how awesome kirby would be with the boomerang rather than the arrows...

If only if only...

TheShadowz

Smash Apprentice
I'm bring a tv for the next tourney, but because its too small to play tourney matches on, we should be able to have a DESIGNATED FALCON TV !!!!!!!!

Top Bottom