• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Did everyone get home alright?

We were stuck in traffic from all the white powdery stuff for hours and it made a 1 1/2 hour trip almost 5 hours long. We got home at about 4:30 from what I recall.

Shoutouts later.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
I'm quite the shy fellow, though it was a surprise seeing you there, thought you wouldn't make it =o

edit: thread's finished. If anybody's interested. http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/321...game-galaxy-ii-antioch-tn-alabama-cool-beans/

Seriously dude, they're right. Take those phones off and talk with people more. I'm the antisocial one (so I've been told) and even I'm talkin' with people.

Also, I take offense in your thread there. Usually 2 stocking me and then me suddenly beating you makes you worried that you suck? Maybe I'm just getting better huh? :p :laugh:

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
It wasn't you it was Matt.

j/k j/k, but yeah I have to give out the full 1st person perspective or else it wouldn't have been as good D:

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
It wasn't you it was Matt.

j/k j/k, but yeah I have to give out the full 1st person perspective or else it wouldn't have been as good D:
Hahaha. I was quite surprised at Matt, actually. he seemed to have been on a roll. Something was definitely up. When are our matches gonna be uploaded dude?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Play Lucario, then. =3

Edit: Shoutouts are later, i've gotta go to work. @@
Thats the thing, I was doing well in a tournament. Stupid Milln Chat.

**** was insane, I would d-throw, go to nair and the stage would be all "I AM GAY FOR MILLN TOO, GETOFF!"

Also, I learned not to roll in melee, so going Lucario would destroy me inside.

Vandy

Smash Cadet
So what were the results?

Sorry I couldnt stick around, had to go watch the Predators dominate the Red Wings.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
No, the post is reserved to put up the vids of matches that were recorded.

All the vids are on Lance7's Laptop =o. I'm waiting on his email so I can upload unless he's going to upload them. Oh and Milln has recorded matches as well/

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
-Shoutouts-

Shock- Thanks for the car ride. I probably should have taken a look at the weather before planning for the trip. It was too cool talking to you for the hours and hours we spent in the car. Thanks for staying awake, lol. Your kirby is getting better.

Reflex- You've probably been told this at every tournament you've been to, but you're amazing. I was in the middle of a tournament match and I turned my head to watch you play for a second and I got hit. It was worth it though cuz you did some crazy 50% combo on someone with CHARIZARD. Charizard has combos? No. Reflex has combos. Congrats on winning... everything. Oh, and sorry for bugging you about friendlies the whole day. I don't get to meet such amazing players very often.

Will_- I don't know if I'll ever beat your Metaknight in tournament even once in a set. I really need some help with the matchup. More peeps in Huntsville/Madison need to use him in friendlies so I can learn the matchup better. No johns. ggs.

Kismet- Your Falco is beast. Our matches were a total blur to me though so I can't really comment on them, lol. And maybe it was just me, but you seemed kinda quiet. I'm not a serious person. :)

Milln- You're too chill. I'll have to food match you next time we meet again. ;) So how'd you like my Lucario? :p

Moogle- Didn't get to play you this time. You did very well against Kismet's Falco. Don't get down on yourself for losing that one. You can't win all of your blow-out disadvantages, lol. I still think you're better than Rookie. He wouldn't have gotten Kismet to 1 stock twice. Your Marth is good as well. I'd use him more. Also, teach me melee stuff...

Nintendoboy- Mad cool talking to yah. I was having the same trouble with just trying to win everything. I can't do that all the time when there are a bunch of good players around.

KO- Cool tourney. I'm just glad that not as many people showed up this time because of the amount of space we had to work with this time around.

Frank- Crazy Peach dude. :psycho: That was some sick stuff you pulled off in the matches I watched. I'd want friendlies.

Slash- I don't remember ever hearing a word from you. I want to play you sometime. The tournament article/summary was a good read.
"That's a reeeeeeally weird yawn lmao"
-poster on neoseeker
LOL, I do look weird.

Phloat+Shadow- ggs in the doubles friendlies before the tourney. Had fun. Phloat, I think your MK is better than your G&W.

Kalm- Your serious jokes frightened me a bit. ggs.

Play2- I think it was you that I used IC against. I was TOTALLY surprised I got that first 70% chaingrab on you. I guess I should practice with the IC. Maybe I can get good with him.

Myself- Have more fun! That's why you play!

Everyone else- I'm pretty awful when it comes to memory. I had loads of fun, some disappointments and frustrating moments, but I had a great time. Nice meeting lots of you.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Yea, I only really take gaw over mk for fun, but I think snake is more fun... So you'll be seeing a new Phloat next time around.

Milln

Smash Champion
Thats the thing, I was doing well in a tournament. Stupid Milln Chat.

**** was insane, I would d-throw, go to nair and the stage would be all "I AM GAY FOR MILLN TOO, GETOFF!"
Millnchat is the best stage in the entire game. Everyone is gay for Milln (See sig)

So what were the results?
1st Reflex
2nd Will_
3rd Kismet
4th Milln, DanGR(I Think)

-Shoutouts-

Milln- You're too chill. I'll have to food match you next time we meet again. ;) So how'd you like my Lucario? :p
Hahahahahahaha Reverse Main matches are amazing. Olimar's so hard when you're used to having short stubby little arms instead of Minion Plants to run up and grab people's feet.

SHOUTOUUUUUUUUUUUUTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

DanGR- Watch Inner Fire. XD It'll make your budding Lucario like fifty times better, instantly.

nintendoboyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy: y so srs

Slash: Slaaaaaash! Sorry I detained Reflex from you for so long. =x! Also, remember the advice everyone gave you. Moar bombs, more tricksies, moar zair, more quick draw, more beastage, but don't forget the basics.

TheOneJanitor: Pretty sure it's going to be a running gag.

KOKingpin: Anytime you need a morale boost, you just ask me and i'll come over and trash talk. <3

Moogle: Kupoppo! =3 Fawks is a fun character to use, but you need to shout "Pew pew!" whenever you shoot lasers.

Will_: None of our matches got recorded. >,< I felt so amazing that I took a set out of you and could've done it again. Lots of <3's. Lucario's such a beast. =O Every time I see your Donkey Kong, I want to secondary the character. X3

Kalm: Kaaaallllllmmmmmmmmm <3333333 You got to ride in the Millnmobile, which I know is an amazing experience, even though the Millnmobile wasn't in its true form. =o Need moar DK. Donkey Kong. DK. Donkey Kong is here.

Phloat: When people switch to Meta Knight because they can't do it with their (previous) main, it disappoints me greatly. Play Marth or Pit or Dedede or somebody if you're no longer confident in your G&W. >,<

Midnight: I don't even think I saw you. D=

Boom Cube: We totally forgot to finish the BlazBlue food match. We're 2-2. Needed to go to matches. >,< That and I had to change my pants after connecting Blood Choke **** Storm ftw. I was like OMFGGGGGGG. XDD

Reflex: Teach me how to not fail with Ivysaur. ;.; We need to hang out more and make everyone go wtf with how energetic we both are. Definitely fun times playing arcade games with you and Duchock. =3

Duchock: Sup. Ness is cool. =o Definitely tough matchup, though, just cause of range. x= Keep it up. PKT2 Landing frames.

Kismet: Most softspoken person ever. =o

Myself: Stop forgetting about ftilt, bair, and ASCharge.

The Weather: Even though I didn't win any money, you snowed and I considered it my prize for becoming a stronger player. Thanks. <3

IHOP: Thanks for letting us be loud.

Everyone else I didn't name: SUP.

_MidnighT_

Smash Apprentice
it sucked that i wasnt able to stay to see the grand finalists play </3
who won? =o

Sigh..

But I think I know what I did wrong. I came in with the attitude that all I wanted to do was win. Even though the point of the game is to have fun and get better. If I'm not having fun, I'm not getting better. I need to get this competitive edge off a little and just have some fun. That's the only way I will get better.
this. i needz to be less srs too

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
oh right. I shold do these as well.

Shoutouts.

Will_ - Once again, it was a pleasure getting to meet you and actually talk to you in real life as opposed to behind a computer screen. I definately enjoyed your story about returning home from CoT4, the Ness hat you were wearing, and your techniques of napping at tourneys.

Milln - Next food match, I change my order from a Victory Burrito to a Chik-fil-a sandwich. I'm told they taste good :D, Other than that it was cool beans chillin with you for the day.

Phloat - $2 Money Match next time we meet <D:<, expect a spammier TL than you already fought compadre :D. Intense bracket match ftw though.

Nintendoboyyy - I find it kinda awkward talking to you, idk why. Well it was awkward talking to a whole bunch of people I mean I'm just some random guy from Antioch in the midst of this community, but yeah you were pretty cool beans as well

Midnight - see Nintendoboyyy. Though it got chill enough to where I can throw peace ups.

Moogle - I had a blast playing those friendlies man, it really lightened up my mood. Pretty cool fellow you are. =o

Frank - wherever you are. If you're reading this, I stronly advise you read my neoseeker post. You'll find your section quite entertaining.

Kalm - GG's. The random I have drugs comment kinda made me lol, and you also look like this dude I know.

Kismet - I was ready to drop Toon Link until you talked to me outside, I will direct this one to the neoseeker post as well, idk it's just weird to repeat myself. Other than that, you're a beast.

Reflex - Your matches made me lol. I'm on a boat man! Rock Smash, it's super effective! you seemed like you were having so much fun while you were wrecking with PT throughout the tournament, not to sound cheesy or anything but it was kinda inspiring.

DanGR - I never really got to talk to you much or play some friendlies with you in either of the tourneys. If I'm there at next months tourney this will definately change.

Caleb, Keith, Matt - I appreciate the fact that you guys came, as opposed to the other 4 people I had wanted to come @_@, see you guys at school tommorow.

Shock - GG's man, random button truly did give me people I've never used before, and I still have no idea how I survived over 200% in that Yoshi vs. Luigi round, but those were some fun randoms. I've started using Link now because of this lol.

Play2 - you're cool beans =o

KoKingpin - I appreciate you inviting me to these smashfests and shtuff, expect to see me around alot more lol.

The Others - either I didn't play you, or I don't remember you or... something. but... uh... Yeah. It was fun. =o

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts: I don't feel like doing shoutouts, so whatever. Everyone is awesome and knows it except Milln. Btw, I owe you a quarter.

Thanks to the venue. I just love arcades, and moreso when retro is present. I wish I had more time to explore the wonders of those machines, but alas, most of my time was taken up by DDR.

Yay for Alabama and stuff. We really had to work to make this trip possible, but in the end we triumphed.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
shoutouts

DanGR--had fun teaming with you. can't believe we took out moogle and will_. that was intense. I thin you did better with Olimar in teams than Metaknight :-D. and maybe i'm learning how to fight olimar a little bit now or something, we'll see next time, might have just been a fluke
Milln--i was hoping to see in you in bracket so I could avenge myself lul anyway you totally screwed up AL taking all the top spots wtf. good **** at beating will in winners bracket
Phloat--good games, i really lost my momentum on that last match. i'll get ya next time ;) snake vs. mk is closer than you think, i just have a terrible aerial game.
Will_--how do you get 2nd place when you're exhausted and ill. jesus
Reflex/Kismet--it was fun hanging out and stuff, you guys have got to teach me how to beast at this game
KOKingpin--you're good with everyone in melee lol ggs. had fun at the tournament thanks for running everything
Play2--GW phails against Snake lol ggs
moogle--didn't play much brawl with you but I watch a bunch of your matches. i think your fox is really fun to watch. also it seems like i occasionally actually take stocks of you in melee now wtf

all in all i need to stop choking in my matches, i should have placed better in singles, but AL ***** etc.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Heh, if I must. this'll be short, I didn't talk to many people, nor did I ever mention who I was (Papstr, using PPSTR in game :p). lol

Power of Slash- Naturally you're already one of my friends. Still awesome seeing you outside of school. As people say, take off those headphones and talk to people, or show up cosplayed as Neku. And for god's sake, stop calling me by my real name online. :p

Milln- <3. Not much else needs to be said. Your hat is cool. And if my head mysteriously starts to itch and I get lice, I'll kill you. <3

Phloat/Shadow- You guys are pretty cool. That cat...is just CREEPY though. Shadow, the money matches were fun, though very cheap. :p Perhaps next time, we'll go extreme and raise it to a whole dollar :O

Shock- Our matches were killer. I seriously was pumped the whole time I was fighting you. I lost, but it was freakin' close. I wish our matches could've been recorded.

Play2- you're cool. but useless, you couldn't find Kain when I asked. So helpful. <3

Will_ - Getting the crap beat outta me by Ness never felt so satisfying.

That's all I think..if I'm forgetting anybody I'll add in later or something..yea.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Milln, I don't just play MK because it helps... I enjoy it.

Space turtle space turtle space turtle 2 nairs space turtle space turtle smash on shield gets old. Especially since the only way GaW can kill is off a mistake.. I just feel like he isn't as good as people say. I am not here to impress you, I don't care if I disappoint you. I am hear to have a great time, and maybe win =D.

Also, I shield everytime you talk XD. SHYOROKEN!

Ill do MMs with you Slash! I didn't play you last time, and then I offered one and you were like "Yea, I gotta get some people to watch this" or something, I was like whaaaaat? Ggs, bracket match was friggin intense!

T1J, you inspired my transition partially. I beat a Snake in a set that would have wrecked my GaW. You would have 3 stocked me. Not because MK is broken, but of how dumb the matchup is. I have stayed away from MK all this time because he really was boring for the first few months of the game. I watched some M2K and Dojo before I came to this tournament, that **** is fast and fun. FFing u-airs for the whole match against Snake is cool beans, when hitting his toes means more juggle and hitting his ankles means BOOM. Great stuff, you also inspired mah blooming Snake. I really, really hope I don't see you on the bracket next time, unless we are able to get it recorded. Best matches of the tournament, I feel kinda... strange typing this all out but it was too good.

Algureth... You and your MMs. You showed my friend the fun side of getting eliminated XD. The first tournament he falls behind me in and he friggin makes a profit (not all off of you =B)

Cat: Stay sexy.

Boom Cube

Smash Rookie
Milln - Can't ****ing believe I got hit by that thing. If it had to end some way, though, that's how it should.

THERE'S A MEAN GUY NAMED RAWRGNA WALKING AROUND, YOU BETTER COVER YOUR ANUS TOO MISTER.

Phloat/Kismet/DanGR - For keeping my *** in check every time I think I'm getting good at this game. Great friendlies.

KO - Don't choke slam me, bro, we're the same color.

What do you guys think about a weekly smashfest at my place? I never got to play Reflex, but I didn't really have to know I'd get my **** ruined, and I'd kinda like to take an active approach against that.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
TheONEJanitor- I can't believe I didn't mention you in mah shoutouts. O_o It was awesome teaming with you. I think a Snake+Oli team works well. I hope those matches against Will_+Moogle were recorded. I'd like to see how we did so well against them. I'm also happy we took a set off Reflex+Kismet.

Boom Cube- Cool dude. Had ggs.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Does anyone have the Top 8 for the Character Rankings thread?

I would have posted it, but I don't know the second half of the list.

moogle

Smash Ace
1. Reflex (Pokemon Trainer)
2. Will_ (Meta Knight, DK?)
3. Kismet2 (Falco)
4. Milln (Lucario)
5. DanGR (Olimar)
5. Phloat (G&W, Meta Knight?)
7. Frank (Peach)
7. Kalm (DK, Kirby)

from memory... reasonably sure it's correct

I'm not sure about the secondaries. I'll let them decide if they used that character enough in tournament to warrant listing it.

Milln

Smash Champion
I am not here to impress you,
Also, I shield everytime you talk XD. SHYOROKEN!
Yes you are. XDD

HADOKEN! *watches an air dodge for no reason* Nope, wasn't gonna throw it that time.

SHORRRRRYUUUKEN. FWOOOOOOOOM XDD

TheShadowz

Smash Apprentice
Man, this was great! Phloat and I got 4th place in dubs and were one smash away from beating reflex's team in the first round! (idk if they were playing seriously, and Reflex was PT so maybe.)

Played a few money matches and really felt like my Kirby improved. I've even got a new secret character to play for the next one in March!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Man, this was great! Phloat and I got 4th place in dubs and were one smash away from beating reflex's team in the first round! (idk if they were playing seriously, and Reflex was PT so maybe.)

Played a few money matches and really felt like my Kirby improved. I've even got a new secret character to play for the next one in March!
reflex mains PT pretty much

Milln

Smash Champion
Videos will prolly be up later. i'll post when i've got something. Looks like my directions were easy to follow, but i'm finding little "Video TS" folders everywhere, even some in my Music folder. >,>

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Videos will prolly be up later. i'll post when i've got something. Looks like my directions were easy to follow, but i'm finding little "Video TS" folders everywhere, even some in my Music folder. >,>
There's also one in your documents folder.

I kinda scattered all over the place until I found out, ohey I can make continuous folders.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Oooh, I hope my games vs Reflex were saved.

Also, my best matches were all off of the TV =[=[...

Although I do want that one of Me at Milln chat, so I can smash my computer screen in rage.

Milln

Smash Champion
Oooh, I hope my games vs Reflex were saved.

Also, my best matches were all off of the TV =[=[...

Although I do want that one of Me at Milln chat, so I can smash my computer screen in rage.
Oh, hey, a Piranha Plant. Oh, hey, some spikes. Oh, hey, some Wind. Oh, hey, a boat. Oh, hey, a ladder.

I regret the fact that our intense bracket match was not recorded.
I regret that neither of the Will_ vs. me sets were recorded. Wanted to evaluate my loss.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the only matches of me that ever get recorded are ones where I lose

theres like 20 videos of me online and I win in like 2 of them
yet i'm #9 in AL supposedly

Milln

Smash Champion
the only matches of me that ever get recorded are ones where I lose

theres like 20 videos of me online and I win in like 2 of them
yet i'm #9 in AL supposedly
Cause you're so pro.

Also, this has been bugging me for a while. The mop bucket in your avatar really, really looks like a duck.

Top Bottom