• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey DanGR! It was great playing you, and I've always been a big fan of you (I watched your oli videos when I was trying to pick oli up.) Hopefully we can play again, after I gain some more tournament experience.
^________^b

DanGR - nintendoboyyy22 = Cody.

lolol.
haha, everyone has different tags than their smashboards names. You should go by Ninbo or doboy, or yyy22, or somethin. Cody is fine too I guess... lol

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Fun times... I believe I have your controller Slash. I'm gonna give it to KO, he said he'll get it to you.
cool beans, but how exactly will he be able to give it to me? O_o. Lol.

Zaya and Slash - Use more Dancing blade D;

So yeah... Fun tourney, we needs more. Probably just a singles tourney though so we can get it done rofl.
He's the Marth player <D:<, lol but he'd like some online matches with you sometime in the future.

on a side note, Will_ was kind enough to give meh money for a new one, but having my other one back would be very nice. and if anybody's interested, I posted a thread on our forum(neoseeker) about my experience at the tourney.

Mon-E

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1650-3575-4636
did anyone record that match when G&W used the bucket on Milln and Stash's Dk stage spiked G&W? it was in doubles on battlefield

K 2

Smash Lord
oh dang, Nintendoboyyy22, you're the cody that made it to grand finals on doubles right?

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
oh dang, Nintendoboyyy22, you're the cody that made it to grand finals on doubles right?
Oh, both of you, Dan? That's cool.

Yes, and finals in singles.

EDIT: Holy crap, is Will_ like one the best players in Alabama? I didn't realize I was going up against such a good opponent. D;

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, both of you, Dan? That's cool.

Yes, and finals in singles.

EDIT: Holy crap, is Will_ like one the best players in Alabama? I didn't realize I was going up against such a good opponent. D;
He's 2nd in the AL power rankings. I think I'm 6th. I don't really care though. :p

Milln

Smash Champion
rofl, milln didn't give a shoutout to me, even though I was nice to him the whole tourney.

lolol
You dork, you had an entire parenthisis enclosure directed at you (You are Cody, right?). XD

Fine.

Shoutouts Part 2:

nintendoboyyy: Redo Johns. Also, fine, i'll post 'em. I was tired and upset that singles effectively didn't happen and didn't see the point in posting the matches last night. I'll upload them... lessee.... Heck, I'll do it tonight. Everything should be loaded by tomorrow.

@Everyone requesting videos: Keep in mind that the only matches that were being recorded were the ones on the bigger tv and that was only IF I was there monitoring it or someone had the foresight to click the "Start Recording" button and didn't accidentally overwrite someone else's vid because of how weird my Dazzle is when you record a new video in a folder that a video already exists in.

I'll sift through and post a link later with the urls of all the videos.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
He's 2nd in the AL power rankings. I think I'm 6th. I don't really care though. :p
Duuuuuuuuude...

I like, feel so special now. I totally did not know that when I played him. And I just watched some vids of him beating Kismet and Reflex in a tournament a few weeks back.

And to think, I almost beat him myself. I feel so special! :D

Also, Dan, your Oli scared me. I didn't want to tell you that Oli is my worst character so you didn't get too confident. (: Lucky I didn't play you lol.

Boom Cube

Smash Rookie
Play2 - Can't thank you enough for letting me use your controller. Bro fist for power.

DanGR - I love watching a good Olimar, and the classic controller was the shining jewel 'top your pimp cane. Really, I didn't mean to come off as a surly *******, but I've always had a problem keeping in good spirits in high-level play. Looking forward to finishing what we started at the next tourney.

Phloat - MEN OF VARIETY. Dammit, I've had so much practice against G&W, and yours still threw me for a loop. I saw that bucket coming from the next time zone, and just kind of resigned myself. "This is going to happen", I thought. "Just take it, shake his hand, and don't look like a ***** when you walk away."

Milln - No eyes. No thumbs. Fox only. Final Destination. (Cheer up, man. That turnout blindsided everyone involved. There's no way we could have known 800 people would show up for his first tournament in the *** crack of Tennessee.)

Will_ - Congrats, dude. Wish I'd had the chance to play you.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
after thinking about what happened at the end and how everything went down i just now (like 5 mins ago) came up with an idea.

If this indeed becomes a monthly then we will do Rankings in the brackets based on your previous Placing.
This way we can have the tourney go by rather fast.

You can rank someone from 1-10 in skill level with the Tio program. If you didnt make it out of pools in this tournament you will be skill level 1 and if you were part of the top 8 that recieved money you will be skill level 10. If you made it out of Pools then you are a 5. Thats the best i can do for the next one. I atleast kept the Pool Charts.

Someone unhooked the laptop on accident im assuming. but instead of hooking it back up they put the power cord into the Ethernet slot. thus shutting down my laptop AND losing the brackets. For all tournaments.

So im a little frustrated at this first one but i will attempt a second one.

as for shout outs

KO-Stop being so good with yoshi.

Milln-I know you was making a comeback too dude sorry about cutting you short.

Phloat-Screw Game and Watch. I official hate turtles.

Nintendoboyy-We never got to play. Its like for some odd reason all the Metaknight players get away from my notorious Chain Chomping. I always get to fight Lucarios and Kirbys and G&Ws.

NB's Teammate Zack-Dude you were beasting in Stamina Brawl. Next time we meet $5 Stamina Brawl MM!

Will_-I never get to play you in tournament either. Good stuff on winning another tournament.

Dangr-Good Job in Stamina, Singles, and Doubles dude. Great to meet you too. LOL at BBjeeze too he thought you tried to cheat him with the character counter pick. He went in the wrong order of picking and i lol'd at him today.

Slash of Power-I never got to play you dude. next time i might have time to play people.

Micheal Lay-You were a cool dude to talk to and hang out with. hopefully you will come to more of these.

If I missed you Ill get you next time.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
Someone unhooked the laptop on accident im assuming. but instead of hooking it back up they put the power cord into the Ethernet slot. thus shutting down my laptop AND losing the brackets. For all tournaments.
Oh wow, that sucks. D: This is going to be hard uploading results on AiB.

Can you at least tell me the 1st - 4th place finishers in Singles and Doubles?

That way those people can at least get badges.

Also, KO, this tournament was very fun, and not a failure. It had some slipups but that's to be expected for the first one. The next one will be much better, easy. Also, save your TO file periodically so it will still somewhat be there if that happens again lol.

And lastly, I don't main MK. D: And I DEF would NOT have used MK vs. you lol. CG = lose for me. I main Marth, I used him all the way until the finals in singles, but Will_'s MK was too good for me. D; I had to be gay and go MK dittos lol. And I use MK in doubles because it's too hectic to keep up with Marth in all that. I will go Marth exclusively in Singles soon, once I get more offline experience with all the characters.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Can you at least tell me the 1st - 4th place finishers in Singles and Doubles?
SINGLES
1st - Will_
2nd - Nintendoboyyy
3rd - 6 way tie - Milln Boomcube Phloat Frank DanGR and Zack(im not sure if he was the last one but i think so)
DOUBLES
1st - Will_/DanGR
2nd - Zack/Nintendoboyyy
3rd - Milln/Play2
4th - KOKingpin/BigBabyJesus
STAMINA
1st - Zack
2nd - Cody
3rd - DanGR
4th - Milln
Im not 100% on Stamina cause I was super rushed to Fix the Singles Bracket.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I thought the tourney was fun. It was just too crowded for how many people there were. That and pools took too long. >_>

Zach was the other one for singles and you got the stamina mode placings correct as well.

Also, do you know about how many people entered singles?

Milln

Smash Champion
SINGLES
1st - Will_
2nd - Nintendoboyyy
3rd - 6 way tie - Milln Boomcube Phloat Frank DanGR and Zack(im not sure if he was the last one but i think so)
DOUBLES
1st - Will_/DanGR
2nd - Zack/Nintendoboyyy
3rd - Milln/Play2
4th - KOKingpin/BigBabyJesus
STAMINA
1st - Zack
2nd - Cody
3rd - DanGR
4th - Milln
Im not 100% on Stamina cause I was super rushed to Fix the Singles Bracket.
Phloat's fun to bthrow off the screen when the match no longer counts.

DanGR, I think like 50 some people entered singles.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I'm disapointed with how I played in the finals. I want to chalk it up to sleep/mall security rushing us out johns, but I'm awkwardly learning the MK ditto. Although I feel much more confident against snake now.

DanGR: Many thanks for the ride, your friends and dad made it pretty interesting. Those 2v1 clutch moments in teams were amazing.

Power of Slash: You did good for your first tourney. Good thing we got those pics done for Lute, I was beginning to think we wouldn't be able to get them for her.

Milln: That confusing handshake is now our secret code. I owe you a match.

KO: Thanks for running the tourney, you performed really well at reorganizing under pressure. I also owe you a match.

Zach and Cody: Very good players. The top tier training really helped, thanks. And when I seemed too srs it was probably when I was looking for a place to sleep but couldn't find one. /exhausted johns

gg's to everyone at the tourney, I hope the next one's just as big.

Milln

Smash Champion
Double Post cause I can.

Here's all the team matches I have

ShadW & Co. vs. The Sweet Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RhifqJGHrk

You Have To Say The Two Balls Part Or It's Not Funny vs. The Sweet Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS4_UeYIwGs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOo3r-skpwk

The Littlest Pikmin vs. The Sweet Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28O9JBZb3QU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LjLsULf4Wo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl80NfmgiBU

Set2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72zbarS7pZM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dtbbIDUhWM

Singles will be up later. I actually don't have all that many recorded. It appears everyone thought that they weren't allowed to touch the computer (save for Cody/Will who knew enough to record their finals) or accidentally had their stuff overwritten by other people, which the latter doesn't appear to be the case, so it's the former, coupled with I wasn't able to monitor my laptop the entire time due to playing my own matches. XD

For preparation for future recording sessions I'll mess around with how long I can keep the dazzle recording without generating too big of a file size when I need to crop it down to youtube size. I'm thinking like 90 minutes.

Vandy

Smash Cadet
Thanks to everyone who made it out, sounds like it was fun.

KO - Thanks for running the tournament. If you want to do another one you will probably have to reconsider the format. I would still recommend putting everyone into the double elim bracket to begin with, but I'll leave the final say to you.

Milln

Smash Champion
I just hit Start Recording when I got there, then Stop Recording when the match was over...

Mistake?
Nuh, your match against NR26 was recorded. But if there was already a video in that particular folder you may have overwritten someone else's that had the same idea.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
I recorded, or at least tried, to record matches vs. Milln and Frank before the finals, and I'm pretty sure you were monitering the computer when I played you, and recorded the matches, and KO was monitering it when I faced Frank. I'm pretty sure we moved both to a different folder, so if they are gone, IDK what happened to them. D:

Zach-night-

Smash Rookie
great games everybody.

@dangr i cant believe how lucky i got on the last stock on norfair. i almost got ***** ;_;

EDIT: sore throat johns for being quiet

TheShadowz

Smash Apprentice
Man, That tournament was soooo fun, and I felt like I really improved my kirby by a decent amount. Next time this comes around im gonna do better and not have to go 6-0 to get out of pools.

(Fyi I was Matt Ren)

Kirby's Back air FTW!!!!!!!!

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Btw everyone post in the TN thread if you havent already. That way i can get a little more organized on who everyone is and where they are from. Also, please use your Internet Tag next time so i can remember who you are. Regular names kill me.

Milln

Smash Champion
Also, please use your Internet Tag next time so i can remember who you are. Regular names kill me.
Ditto. No one knows who you are if you don't use your tag and you become a lot less memorable with your real name.

Singles are up:

Phloat vs. NR26
Boom Cube vs. Phloat 1
Boom Cube vs. Phloat 2
DanGR vs. BigBabyJesus
nintendoboyyy vs. Frank
Milln vs. nintendoboyyy 1
Milln vs. nintendoboyyy 2
Milln vs. ShadW 1
Milln vs. ShadW 2
Will_ vs. nintendoboyyy 1
Will_ vs. nintendoboyyy 2

I apologize if you played on the big tv and your match wasn't recorded. The laptop wasn't set to run the entire time and had to be initialized between each video and the only people who knew how to do that were me and KO. I'll just leave the thing running next time so I get every match played on one station and i'll crop out the idle time. This should work especially since youtube allows up to 1gb files, now.

Next time.

I promise.

<3

KomoriGlare

Smash Cadet
I'll use my tag next time....

We need a date for the next tourney. I'm already looking forward to the next one.

And I'm from here in Antioch. I don't have a Wii so I can't play Brawl on wifi with anyone... If anyone who lives in the Nashville area or Murfreesboro and wanna schedule a day that we canplay some matches or somethin, that'd be cool.

I was Orrin at the Tourney, but my character was named Komo... And I'll use Komori as the next Tournament Tag.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't really aware to use an internet tag for the name tag either, heh. In game I used NR26, but that probably won't be the case in the future. I'll be sure to stick with internet tags for my name in the future.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Yes use your Internet name. Always. Unless you dont have one. But you wouldnt be posting here if you didnt have one now would you? lol.

Anyway how does Feb 28th sound? I wants the 21st but they are already have a soul caliber 4 and Tekken 6 Tournament that day so I figured the next week would be ok.

TheShadowz

Smash Apprentice
KO, I really really hope that that days is final, if it gets pushed back another week Phloat and I won't be able to make it.. =(

KomoriGlare

Smash Cadet
Feb 28th is fine with me... My Peach will get way further in the next Tourney... you better believe that!

Top Bottom