• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Ah, thats cool that the good players aren't gonna be here to smash me around.

My first doubles match in a tournament setting was against IHSB and his samus friend at INNsomnia..

I wish I could have seen the look on my face, lol. I got SWDraped.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
anyone who wants to go up to the venue today and help me set up some more stuff is more than welcome to come. I might be able to buy someone lunch if they help.

D.J.

Smash Rookie
Ehhh Just found out about this do you plan on hosting anopther in Memphis any time soon?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Memphis has mostly Melee players, not very many still play Brawl competitively. I don't think anyone in the area hosts Brawl tournaments, the last one was probably back in June or July. We have tri-weekly Melee tournaments/smashfests in Southaven (like 10 minutes south of Memphis), though, and people will play Brawl if you ask.

Vandy

Smash Cadet
KO, if this becomes successful, we should totally host other games. Like Soul Cal...

OR BLAZBLUE WHENEVER IT FUGGIN' COMES OUT GAHDURNIT
Actually we've already held one Tekken/Soul Calibur tournament. It was November 15.

There is another tournament scheduled for February 21 that will be Soul Calibur IV, Tekken 5DR, and Street Fighter IV. Charlie and I will be running that one. We're hoping the success of this tournament will be enough to have recurring Smash tournaments there, perhaps even monthly.

The arcade also has several fighting games there:
Tekken 6 (new with the Bloodline Rebellion upgrade coming soon)
BlazBlue (new)
TvC for Wii (with arcade sticks)
Guilty Gear AC
Tekken Tag
CvS2
MvC2
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike
MvC1
Tekken 3
Killer Instinct 1 &2
Street Fighter HD Remix (setup as an arcade cabinet)
All sorts of older fighting games

Thanks to everyone for their words of support.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Wish I could KP, wish I could. I probably could if this becomes a recurring event =].

Either way, do you play Yoshi in Brawl, or is that a melee avatar?

KomoriGlare

Smash Cadet
In fact... does anyone live here in antioch that doesn't mind a bald-headed Black dude coming into their house and playing Brawl with them??? (aka me)

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
In fact... does anyone live here in antioch that doesn't mind a bald-headed Black dude coming into their house and playing Brawl with them??? (aka me)
If you wanna come to Murfreesboro im housing people and Ill be driving to the tournament since i am the host lol.

What's the earliest I could get there?
10am is ok honestly

Wish I could KP, wish I could. I probably could if this becomes a recurring event =].

Either way, do you play Yoshi in Brawl, or is that a melee avatar?
I do play yoshi in Brawl, also in melee. but i mess around with everyone kinda.

BTW. Bring Setups people. We are gonna need to to make the tournament run smoothly.

Milln

Smash Champion
See ya tomorrow.

REMEMBER.

BRING MONEY TO GIVE TO ME FOR LOSING MATCHES AGAINST ME IN TIN PIN SLAMMER. 3:1 ODDS, C;MON PEOPLE. I am the greatest Slammurai that ever liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiived! >OOOOO

DS, World Ends With You copy. We'll link up. We'll Slam Off. C'moooon. <3333333

Mon-E

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1650-3575-4636
see you guys tomorrow, a ***** need his rest

D.J.

Smash Rookie
Memphis has mostly Melee players, not very many still play Brawl competitively. I don't think anyone in the area hosts Brawl tournaments, the last one was probably back in June or July. We have tri-weekly Melee tournaments/smashfests in Southaven (like 10 minutes south of Memphis), though, and people will play Brawl if you ask.
So When is the next one?

KomoriGlare

Smash Cadet
Well... I ALMOST made it to brackets, but I was 1 win short lol. It was a great experience though and wouldn't mind doing this crap again. (Yeah, I was the freakin Peach player)

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
Awesome awesome games guys.

I had fun with all my matches, it was nice meeting some of you.

Too bad it had to end that way, maybe we'll get to the real finals next time. O_O :D

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, true. But gg's all. I definitely needed the top tier practice for IC3.

<<<<Will_ on DanGR's account

yes, I agree Will.
Good games everyone.
Shout-outs later.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Good **** everyone, I got pretty deep into the brackets for the first time in my life..

This **** better be monthly =D

Milln

Smash Champion
Nnggh.... Milln is pretty upset and has Time Johns.

I swear.

I felt so good. Was beasting the crap out of everyone (yes, Cody included, dangit. I swear i'd have had that Battlefield match if I didn't fly into the edge like a moron. I'm not gonna john... I just..... I know better than go straight for the ledge when I see you grab it. =\ ) and Arrrrrrggggghhh I KNOW I'd have ---at least--- gotten 3rd place, perhaps even come back and won it. But blah we'll never know now. This is a really big confidence booster, though. So Yay.

As for Monthlies, KO was pretty bummed that it took so inconcievably long (really the only part that ***** us was POOLS. UGH, FIVE HOUR POOLS WHAT IS THIS) . I can't really persuade him, but I think he should give it another shot. Either start singles earlier, come with a different way of doing pools than Best 2 out of 3, or don't do pools at all and put everyone straight into brackets.

As for the videos I recorded on my lappy: I'm definitely putting up all the Teams matches I got on my profile (which is in my signature), but since singles got cut short, I doubt i'll post any other matches aside than the ones I was involved in unless specifically requested.

Shoutouts:

SLASH, OH MAH GAWD. I really hope you get better. =3 I enjoy your Toon Link. We'll let you know if we find your controller (unless you already procured another one)

Phloat. Haaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy. So "I have a plan." And then dream crush Lucario Back Throw. <3
DanGR. Heart.
Will_ . Heart.
KO Kingpin. KO's a beast at running tournies. True story.
PLAY2. WE DID SO WELL SO UNEXPECTEDLY. Yeeessssssss Steppin' it up! We need to team more often.
Tactical. You didn't show up you jerk. We were supposed to hang out and be Lucario buddies.
Gaara. Bucketcario
Everyone else I met: =333333
Everyone that signed my signature book: You are awesome and thank you. <3

Afterthought: .....I never got to play my money match against Captain N..... grrr

KomoriGlare

Smash Cadet
Yeah, everyone I met was really cool and extremely good. I'm glad I got to fight true brawlers out there, and if there ever is a next time, you can be sure that I won't rest until that Peach is a true BEAST.

KomoriGlare

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah... Crap... I forgot.

Here's an idea about tourneys: Maybe host a Doubles Tourney every other month/Singles Tourney the following month (Without Pools) or have it where Singles Tourney would be on a Saturday every month AND the Doubles Tourney the next day (Sunday since doubles tourneys are shorter and the mall closes at 5).

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
As for the videos I recorded on my lappy: I'm definitely putting up all the Teams matches I got on my profile (which is in my signature), but since singles got cut short, I doubt i'll post any other matches aside than the ones I was involved in unless specifically requested.
I don't know if that's really fair for others. I mean, that's like saying "I'm not uploading singles because I didn't win it." :/ wth dood.

Anyways, I'm requesting my videos be uploaded, because I want to analyze how I played (It's kind of hard to tell how I was playing when it's so hectic.) So plz upload my videos plz, plz.

Anyways, shoutouts:

Zack (Midnight) - My partner, whispers everything, rofl.
KO - I talked to you like the whole time lol, very cool guy.
Michael Lay - Coolest person there I'd say, and really nice. Best player with wiimote chuck combo ever. haha.
Milln - ;D
Frank - Cool Peach player
DanGR - Pretty neat once you talk to him
Will_ - A little too srs lol, but a good Brawler
Everyone in my pool - Lolzy matches
Zaya and Slash - Use more Dancing blade D;

So yeah... Fun tourney, we needs more. Probably just a singles tourney though so we can get it done rofl.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Milln, I'd like some of my videos. I'd like to have the set with Play2 where I lost 1-2, and the set where I beat Shadow, the Kirby player.

-Shout-outs-
I couldn't remember the names of half the peeps I played. Most people used their real names... and I'm bad with names. Sorry if I don't mention you...
Also, I don't even think half the people I'm giving shout-outs to goes to smashboards, lol.

Will_- thanks for being my doubles partner. I'm glad I entered doubles this time around. I'll have start playing Snake so I can get into the groove of playing doubles. Also, I'm sorry about the whole ride situation. We didn't expect the tourney to end so late. Congrats on the wins.

PoPe- I actually think you did well for your first real tournament. I've watched you progress as a player pretty quickly since I first saw you play. Whether you recognize it or not, you've gotten rid of many of your bad habits. You're getting better.

Cam- You're getting ever closer to your title as best Pika player in AL. Just keep playin, practicin, goin to tournaments, and learning, and you'll get there quicker than you know it.

Spade- You sounded very disappointed in how well you played. I think what's hurting you is not being able to stay with a main. You've been bouncing around all over the roster and you're developing habits from playing so many different characters. I'd try to focus on selecting one or two characters. (Falco + Marth?) At least you made it out of pools. XD

Milln- Thanks for mentioning this tourney. I had a lot of fun. Many new faces, some of the names I recognized from SWF. Keep up the lucario. :)

KO- Sucks about having to end the event early because it was so late. In the future, I recommend having the pools play less matches. (maybe only 2 a set? Meaning there can be ties?) or maybe starting earlier? Also, I think it'd help to label the TV stations. I know you didn't like the idea, but having more room helps A LOT as well.

BBJeezus- Sorry about the matches. You seemed sort of mad at me.

Cody- It was nice playing you. It's awesome to have so many matches come down to the wire. Maybe I'll beat you in the set next time. XD

Play2- Thanks for the Game and Watch practice. I really need it. I enjoyed the close matches.

K 2- You were the most energetic person at the tourney (besides Milln, lol)
You were always saying something at everything we did in our friendlies. haha

Shadow- Thanks for being so friendly. Our match on Jungle Japes taught me to camp more, lol.

Boomcube- I learned some things from our matches. I'm feeling much more confident about Rob now. Also, you were too serious. Smile!

Random guy that asked me where my Mario went- stalker? XD

Everyone else I forgot to mention- I had a lot of fun. Sorry if my camping wasn't fun to fight. :O

edit- Nintendoboy, what did you go by at the tourney?

K 2

Smash Lord
Hey DanGR! It was great playing you, and I've always been a big fan of you (I watched your oli videos when I was trying to pick oli up.) Hopefully we can play again, after I gain some more tournament experience.

Top Bottom