• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Also if you guys can bring Wiis, TVs, Extension cords, Power strips let me know. Id just like to know for future reference. That way I'll be able to know what all we can get done in a certain amount of time. Also, if you bring a full setup i might be able to get the Entry fee waived. Dont hold me to that though. Ill talk to Jason about it.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I could bring a wii, brawl disk, powerstrip, and extension cord. Is that half off? :)

KomoriGlare

Smash Cadet
I have a question that will tickle your inquiries...

What if a person who is letting us use their Wii (or any other utility) loses in the tournament and desires to leave? In other words. What if they take their Wii (or any utility they let us use) home with them?

Milln

Smash Champion
I have a question that will tickle your inquiries...

What if a person who is letting us use their Wii (or any other utility) loses in the tournament and desires to leave? In other words. What if they take their Wii (or any utility they let us use) home with them?
Then of course we're minus one setup and everyone in the room hates them for the rest of their life for being a jerk for not only leaving as soon as they get knocked out, but also taking their junk with them out of poor sportsmanship.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
It seems like this is going to be a blast its a real shame I won't be able to make it ><.

This totally needs to turn into a monthly tourney though. If it does I might be able to make it for a future one. =D

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Just a quick question -

Since signups starts at 11, that means I can get there anytime between 11 and 12, right?
yeah but it doesnt mean show up at 12 pm. Also I can only give some many discounts for setups so get yours in early and ill be able to discount you. if you bring in a Wii and 2/3 setup items (TV, Power Strip, or Extension cord) Ill be able to get you in without paying a venue fee.

Vandy

Smash Cadet
I had a death in the family yesterday and the funeral is on Saturday, so I won't be able to make it. I hope everyone coming has a great time , and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Milln

Smash Champion
I had a death in the family yesterday and the funeral is on Saturday, so I won't be able to make it. I hope everyone coming has a great time , and I'm looking forward to the next one.
Oh, my. Sorry for your loss.

KO, i'll pick up for him if you need my assistance and can't get anyone else.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
Sucks, dude.

I feel your pain.

I'll see you at the next one.

EDIT: Here's a look at the venue guys, if anyone would like to know:

KomoriGlare

Smash Cadet
Wow. they really did a great job renevating the arcade room...

I'm also sorry to hear that news... My prayers will be with you and your family...

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Oh, my. Sorry for your loss.

KO, i'll pick up for him if you need my assistance and can't get anyone else.
cool thanks man. I have a few people to help me out so Its no biggie.

I got Myself, Mike, Possibly Whitlee, Milln, and Charlie. If pools are needed Ill elect pool captains to make sure things are run as smooth as possible. Oh and Boomcube will be helping out too.

Milln

Smash Champion
KO, if this becomes successful, we should totally host other games. Like Soul Cal...

OR BLAZBLUE WHENEVER IT FUGGIN' COMES OUT GAHDURNIT

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
A What now?

Anyways, get hyped y'all.

Also, reading up on the Lucario matchup with Gdubbs.. but its from the friggen Renaissance, get some updates going Lucario Board.

Milln

Smash Champion
A What now?

Anyways, get hyped y'all.

Also, reading up on the Lucario matchup with Gdubbs.. but its from the friggen Renaissance, get some updates going Lucario Board.
Pfft. I hate matchup topics. They never make sense and no one ever agrees with anyone. I don't even participate.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Mhm.

Well, I recognize a lot of these players, but don't know who is actually showing up and who is good at brawl. I know IHSB is good at melee, but I have never seen a brawl video of his.

Who is the expected winner, would you say? If there are a lot of good players, who are the expected T5?

Milln

Smash Champion

KomoriGlare

Smash Cadet
Yeah Yeah... Almost time... I've been looking forward to this event for DAYS lol. I shoulda bought a brand new controller for the occasion, but my old trusty raggedy controller will do just fine

Milln

Smash Champion
So I heard there's both a Blazblue AND a Tatsunoko arcade cabinet at the venue. Sorry, but i'm bailing on the tournament to play Blazblue all day. <3

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Mhm.

Well, I recognize a lot of these players, but don't know who is actually showing up and who is good at brawl. I know IHSB is good at melee, but I have never seen a brawl video of his.

Who is the expected winner, would you say? If there are a lot of good players, who are the expected T5?
Most of the old Melee people (me, Chad, Iori, etc) are going to Tipped Off 4 in Atlanta this weekend, because 7 hour drive for Melee >>>>> 2 hour drive for Brawl.

Also, I don't play Brawl, so I'm not really any better at it now than I was when it came out.

KomoriGlare

Smash Cadet
24 hours.... I should do a CRAM training course, but I'm not sure what my kin folk Tim is up to today.

Top Bottom