• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

Milln

Smash Champion
Thanks for clearing that up ^_^ This will be either my biggest money makin time, or my biggest money loss time... >_<
No matter what, it's gonna be a very exciting and fun time. =3 Tournaments always are, even ones that you have to drive four hours to and take a 20minute nap behind some tv's just so you can stay awake during matches for. @@;;;;;;;

Milln

Smash Champion
Bring your DSes and The World Ends With You so you can lose to me in Tin Pin Slammer, please. <3333

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
It wont matter since the ravens will win this week.
stfu lol you live in TN and you hatin.
My teams already got knocked out so I have to route for the Titans now lol.
Titans are gonna spank Flacco.

Anyway Ill have Jason (the guy who owns the place) hook up a Tv for The Titans game if its on.

KomoriGlare

Smash Cadet
Well, me and my friend started trainng for the touney today. Since I don't have Brawl, I had to see which character I'm the best with... Surprisingly enough, I found out who it is... I hope to meet a lot of cool peeps in the process of the tourney... More ppl to play against when the tourney is over and stuff. Preferably ppl who can play smash for hours at a time without getting tired of it lol.

Milln

Smash Champion
Well, me and my friend started trainng for the touney today. Since I don't have Brawl, I had to see which character I'm the best with... Surprisingly enough, I found out who it is... I hope to meet a lot of cool peeps in the process of the tourney... More ppl to play against when the tourney is over and stuff.
Don't be upset if you don't do as well as you hope for your first tournament. o,o Take it as a chance to learn and gain experience and meet people who will help you. Tournies are fun. =3

Preferably ppl who can play smash for hours at a time without getting tired of it lol.
Sign me up.

Vandy

Smash Cadet
That will be the week of the conference championship games. The games will be on Sunday only, so no worries there.

greenflame88

Smash Cadet
yeah this wil be my first tourney too. Hey KO, are you free this weekend? Like Sat. arounf 1ish or so? If so me and Alan would like to come over and practice some. I don't know which character I'm going to enter with.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
yeah this wil be my first tourney too. Hey KO, are you free this weekend? Like Sat. arounf 1ish or so? If so me and Alan would like to come over and practice some. I don't know which character I'm going to enter with.
well i work at 3pm-11pm then im going to my friends birthday party. Friday night im going to another party so yeah.... This weekend isnt a good idea. perhaps sunday night would be good.

KomoriGlare

Smash Cadet
Can someone explain the "Singles Pool" for me? Does that mean that there are sorta Preliminary rounds to see who'd be in the main Single's Tournament?

KomoriGlare

Smash Cadet
Will the competitors have chairs to sit in, or should we bring our own if we wanna sit while we play?

Milln

Smash Champion
Can someone explain the "Singles Pool" for me? Does that mean that there are sorta Preliminary rounds to see who'd be in the main Single's Tournament?
Will the competitors have chairs to sit in, or should we bring our own if we wanna sit while we play?
Pools are a tournament mechanism designed to expedite the tournament and ensure that said tournament is a good one, meaning it doesn't have completely mismatched skill level matches. Groups of players ( usually around 4 or 5) play each other round robin and tally up wins/losses. When everyone has played everyone in that pool, the pool captain, if there is one, reports to the Tournament Organizer with the results. It's basically just to help with what's called "seeding" matches to ensure that the highest skilled players play with the highest skilled players at tournament's end. Sometimes the people that place lowest in pools aren't allowed to enter actual brackets.

Unless KO is EVIL, we will definitely have things to sit on if we're playing. Audience members will stand, most likely.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
cannot wait.

This is gonna be my first tourney, and I'm coming with 4 other friends who want to experience it as well. Just hope I don't get blown off in the first round, I've been training for a whole month for this D:.

I've got chills just thinking about it no joke.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
cannot wait.

This is gonna be my first tourney, and I'm coming with 4 other friends who want to experience it as well. Just hope I don't get blown off in the first round, I've been training for a whole month for this D:.

I've got chills just thinking about it no joke.
good thing is, is that this is looking big enough to need pools so everyone will get atleast 5-8 tourney matches in depending on the size of pools.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey KOkingpin, about how long does this tournament usually last? Or end or w/e? My folks want to know.

Vandy

Smash Cadet
KO, are you seriously thinking of doing pools for this tournament? I don't think we have the time or reseources for that, especially for all the tournaments you want to run. I recommend you use a double elimination tournament chart for the whole field from the start.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
KO, are you seriously thinking of doing pools for this tournament? I don't think we have the time or reseources for that, especially for all the tournaments you want to run. I recommend you use a double elimination tournament chart for the whole field from the start.
you have to run pools when there are so many people. 40+ is a lot. plus its the only fair way to run the tournament anyway. If people bring setups and what not then everything should run smooth.

I know a few people who will be bring setups so that will make things go faster. Brawl is a slow paced game but with tons of matches going on we can get it rolling

Hey KOkingpin, about how long does this tournament usually last? Or end or w/e? My folks want to know.
im hoping to have everything done by 10pm

Vandy

Smash Cadet
There are only so many setups we can have, we are restricted by space. We have 6 TVs already there in the console area of the arcade with not much room for any more.

10 PM is the latest we can be there. I hope you can be efficient with time whichever way you choose.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
There are only so many setups we can have, we are restricted by space. We have 6 TVs already there in the console area of the arcade with not much room for any more.

10 PM is the latest we can be there. I hope you can be efficient with time whichever way you choose.
he said we could make more room probably but ill talk to him some more this week.
i might have to bump the start time to 11am then.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
yes yes YES!

OUR TOURNAMENT HAS BEEN SELECTED TO BE IN THE FEATURED TOURNAMENTS NEXT WEEK ON ALLISBRAWL!!!!

Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

What this means is that our tournament will be featured on the front page with all it's wonderful galore!!! :D

That also means we get extra super cool badges and more people will come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY.

KomoriGlare

Smash Cadet
yes yes YES!

OUR TOURNAMENT HAS BEEN SELECTED TO BE IN THE FEATURED TOURNAMENTS NEXT WEEK ON ALLISBRAWL!!!!

Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

What this means is that our tournament will be featured on the front page with all it's wonderful galore!!! :D

That also means we get extra super cool badges and more people will come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Takes a shovel and starts digging my own grave.*

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Gonna be good =D.

Allisbrawl is a brawl website, apparently this tournament is featured (CAPS!!!!) on there...

idk about the badges.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
yes yes YES!

Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

well thats nice. It should be anyway cause its a fairly large tournament.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
Rofl, you guys don't recognize the srsness.

First of all if it is featured on AiB, that means we will have a lot of close OoS'ers coming to this. If it's featured on AiB it's basically THE tournament to be at.

You will all see. It's a very cool thing.

KomoriGlare

Smash Cadet
I looked on AllisBrawl and didn't see this tourney featured for this week... Maybe its on one of the previous featured ones, but not on thei Jan. 8th one...

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
I looked on AllisBrawl and didn't see this tourney featured for this week... Maybe its on one of the previous featured ones, but not on thei Jan. 8th one...
It will come later in the week, I'll link it when it does.

And Vandy, we must protect our homefield turf... Like the opposite of the Titans sort of. >_>

The Titans would suck at being homosexuals cause they can't hold on to balls worth s***.

Milln

Smash Champion
Why are we hyped that it's featured on Allisbrawl, again? I fail to see the innate hype that it generates. =x

Top Bottom