• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
This is the thread where Middle Tennessee gets together to have smashfests. We practice for tournaments and just have a good time.

Venue: The Score - 1312-E Memorial Blvd
Murfreesboro, Tennessee 37130

Date: Every Friday
Time: Friendlies start at 3pm! Tournaments start around 7pm

Last edited:

Vandy

Smash Cadet
I'll be there to help run this thing. Thanks KO for posting this and announcing the rules. I'll see you all there!

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
PS2 and Pictochat legal? Yucksauce...
Every tournament I've been to has had Pictochat. I know a lot of people who like it. As for Pokemon Stadium 2 I wasn't too sure about that one. I personally hate the stage and would take it off in a heart beat if given a reason besides "I hate the Flying Type part".

Gentlemen? pfft ;P

p.s. stages look wacked out.. is this jmoan's doing?!
Nope this was all me. Green Greens is the only stage I personally added to the lineup. I just love the stage and hate being told I can't pick it. Most of the banned stages are banned because of Poor layout (big blue, mushroomy), Dedede walk off (Castle Siege, Bridge of Eldin), Infinite CG against walls (Corneria, Onett), and Way to effin big (Temple, New Pork City) I think its a pretty fair stage selection. 5 Basic Randoms and a Nice CP selection. No broken stages.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
theres really nothing wrong with pictochat except hazards that are embarrasingly easy to avoid.

Green greens has random hazards that randomly blow up and randomly appear as you're being knocked back as well as the blocks can be used as a wall for dedede if i'm not mistaken

if my car situation is better by that date, i may considering coming and i'm sure some AL ppl would come with

Jman006

Smash Rookie
What does it mean with the prizes.. 60% 25% etc.? Sorry I've never been to a Smash Tournament before but I hope to attend this one.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
What does it mean with the prizes.. 60% 25% etc.? Sorry I've never been to a Smash Tournament before but I hope to attend this one.
60% of the money in the pot, or the total money

so lets say 10 people entered and they each paid 10 bucks to enter, thats $100 pot, so if the winner gets %60, the winner gets $60. =)

Milln

Smash Champion
You left out Shadow Moses Island.

HELL YES PICTOCHAT. FAVORITE STAGE EVAR. <3333

XD

I'm so there. You know i'll bring all the equipment I have. TV + COmponent cables, Wii, Recording equipment.

GUYS GUYS. IF YOU HAVE THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU ON DS, BRING IT. WE'LL DO TIN PIN SLAMMER MONEY MATCHES. I am 100% serious. I will BET YOU that I am the best Slammurai that there ever was. I'll give you 2 to 1 odds on money matches against me if there aren't enough for a Tin Pin Tournament. SERIOUS.

Boom Cube

Smash Rookie
Thank Clooney!

I've got housing for anyone that doesn't mind a 30 minute drive the day of.

And in the morning, I'm making ****ing cinnamon buns.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
You left out Shadow Moses Island.

HELL YES PICTOCHAT. FAVORITE STAGE EVAR. <3333

XD

I'm so there. You know i'll bring all the equipment I have. TV + COmponent cables, Wii, Recording equipment.

GUYS GUYS. IF YOU HAVE THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU ON DS, BRING IT. WE'LL DO TIN PIN SLAMMER MONEY MATCHES. I am 100% serious. I will BET YOU that I am the best Slammurai that there ever was. I'll give you 2 to 1 odds on money matches against me if there aren't enough for a Tin Pin Tournament. SERIOUS.
SMI sucks anyway.
Pictochat is a Decent stage.
Castle Siege is too good for Dedede.
Don't Bring your LCD tv Milln cause people (myself included) will complain about laggyness. there are tvs at the venue.

Thank Clooney!

I've got housing for anyone that doesn't mind a 30 minute drive the day of.

And in the morning, I'm making ****ing cinnamon buns.
eff that im staying with you. free breakfast in bed OMNOMNOM (Tom)

I may see about coming to this cause I <3 you KO
Teamsies if i can make it for teams!?!?!

-Chad-

Slackerator
I'm down for teamsies if I end up going =o

I also found a new game that's supposed to be a lot like Battle Hunter, it's coming in the mail tomorrow and I hope it turns out to be something amazing.

Milln

Smash Champion
SMI sucks anyway.
Pictochat is a Decent stage.
Castle Siege is too good for Dedede.
Don't Bring your LCD tv Milln cause people (myself included) will complain about laggyness. there are tvs at the venue.
Urrite
Pictochat is an awesome stage rucrazy
I didn't say anything about Castle Siege. O,o
You guys are fgts to h8 on my tv. ;.;

j00t

Smash Champion
The heck? Kingpin hosting a Barlw tournament?

For shame.

But yeah, I'll come as long as moogle takes me. :p

Jman006

Smash Rookie
60% of the money in the pot, or the total money

so lets say 10 people entered and they each paid 10 bucks to enter, thats $100 pot, so if the winner gets %60, the winner gets $60. =)
Ok, thanks for clearing that up! Can't wait to be there.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'd probably tack on 20-30min if you head from W Memphis rather than carpooling with Memphis people

-Chad-

Slackerator
Oh man it is...

TO4 is probably going to be huge due to the other tourny most likely getting Prac canceled...

Very doubtful I'll be here now >_> Sorryyyy....TO4 is just going to be so huge methinks.

Milln

Smash Champion
Oh man it is...

TO4 is probably going to be huge due to the other tourny most likely getting Prac canceled...

Very doubtful I'll be here now >_> Sorryyyy....TO4 is just going to be so huge methinks.
What and where is TO4? O,o

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
awesome send me a link to the tourney page on AiB
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3611

Not many people have joined yet but they will.

Also, do the T.V.'s there have in input and output composite signal? If so I would like to request me and my friend's venue fee to be free, for I will record matches if there are the signals.

But this is just a request.

xD

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3611

Not many people have joined yet but they will.

Also, do the T.V.'s there have in input and output composite signal? If so I would like to request me and my friend's venue fee to be free, for I will record matches if there are the signals.

But this is just a request.

xD
sorry but not even my venue fee is exempt. it is what actually pays for the venue so i dont have to drop 500 dollars and keep him in business.

Top Bottom