• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
My immediate manager said I can probably get the 26th off, but it has to be approved higher up before I know for certain.

CptnFalcon4Prez

Smash Cadet
Have you guys heard about online Melee?

http://www.smashboards.com/threads/dolphin-online-melee-netplay.335432/

It was mentioned on the Melee it On Me podcast yesterday. What do you guys think?
I've heard of it....i'm just not interested. On a fighting game that is this intensive on frame perfect execution I don't want to play online at all.

If you live in Middle TN you should come to matt's smash get together tomorrow if you wanna get some human experience and have a good time.

DaiRDev1L

Hero of Hyrule
I for one want to at least try how online feels...haha thanks for the invite I actually do come pretty much every Friday just earlier. Eventually I'll prob be able to come when everyone else does. :)

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
So do we know who's how many people we're going to have for low tier city, and any idea of what time you'd be leaving Murfreesboro so I know when to expect you in Cordova?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Well currently I have me and pickle coming from Murfreesboro and then we will be picking up you and a friend who lives in memphis as well. So 4 total people. Gas and tourney fees (if you enter doubles) should be around 100 bucks. I have housing for us.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Badass! thats what I like to hear. I got my days off that I needed and I picked up an Extra 4 hours per week because of it.

Also Suikoden sold for what I wanted out of it. So I'm 100% going. That is unless people back out.

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
Howdy, so I'm a fairly new player to the smash community. I just went to my first tournament last week, and was amazed to see this thread in the same city as me. Are you guys planning on meeting this coming Friday? Because I may try and make it. Also, I'm primarily a melee player (very little brawl experience). Do you guys do all the games? or just PM?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
We pretty much only play PM now but if there is melee interest I'm sure we can get that going on a set up as well. As for this friday I dont think so because We are going to a Tournament in Texas.

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
Alright, well as much as I'd love to go to that, I just spent a good bit of money going to a tournament, and probably shouldn't go again so soon afterwards. Hope to play with you guys soon though! Best of luck in the tourney!

yoshiiscool

Smash Journeyman
Actually, me and dinkerbob will be here on friday night, since we aren't going to the tourney, if you want to come over for a bit. I think the address is still on the front page of this thread, and my number is 484-330-6715 if you wanna get in touch.

CptnFalcon4Prez

Smash Cadet
Actually, me and dinkerbob will be here on friday night, since we aren't going to the tourney, if you want to come over for a bit. I think the address is still on the front page of this thread, and my number is 484-330-6715 if you wanna get in touch.
This is good news. We can still have a smashfest. Let's see more of the new guys here this week!

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
Turns out a close friend of mine is having a birthday celebration tomorrow. So I won't be able to make it, but I'll do my best to make it down to one soon!

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
well i just depends on when and how far and how much time in advance we have to prep for this tournament. But more than likely we would be able to go if there was enough hype

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Hey.
If you are meeting this Friday, I am planning to come.
I plan to bring a set-up which can play Melee and PM, including a CRT.
I am a Melee player foremost, so Zilyn and MrMcGeePants, you are in luck.
I've messed around with some PM, and I'd be interested in playing some of that and getting a chance to test out a couple characters against quality opponents.
See you all Friday at 6. Post if you all meet at a different time. It's over an hour drive for me from my house in Cookeville (I go to TTU).

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna make a good effort to come on this Friday, so any melee fanatics will have atleast 1 other melee fan to play with, although I'd like to dabble in some PM too.

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
WAIT! Stratocaster, you go to TTU?
I'm starting there in like a week in a half, as well as another friend of mine who plays a lot of melee. We'll have to meet up and play some friendlies!

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Wow Zilyn, that's awesome! I'm a senior engineering major, so I'd be happy to help show you around in general. Hopefully I'll meet you tomorrow at KO's, and maybe we can carpool to KO's in the future.

There are a handful of other melee players at TTU (including you two, me, and everyone remotely interested its 9), but I'm pretty far and away the most in to it. Most of them don't even understand my need to play on CRT (2 are pretty good and can tell the difference). We could try to organize some weekly/biweekly smashfests and a tournament even.

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
I'm also an engineering major, so it'll be good to meet you in general this Friday. Really glad to hear there's already a community there, even if it is small. I'm definitely down to start some weeklies. It'll be great to play with some new smashers on a regular basis!

yoshiiscool

Smash Journeyman
People usually show up anywhere from 4-8 and stay until as late as like 3-4 am, or just crash here if you're pickle. I'll be here all day, and I'm awake now, but today's special, as I have to pick up KO from work at like 5:30ish, so there'll be a gap between 5:15-5:45ish where none of the live-in smashers are gonna be here. That beind said you're still welcome to come slightly before then, but that half hour gap is your risk if no one else has showed up yet. We do have a couple cool cats and a dog you can get friendly with during that time though. (This goes to you too, lil'jeffy, you dun been warned)

DaiRDev1L

Hero of Hyrule
I'll be there at about 4 ish (I'm up for either Melee or PM depending on who's there). Haha thx Justin u always have my back

Top Bottom