• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Sees some people talk about cartoon network characters

You Guys are forgetting others such as Ben 10 and Regular Show, Those were Big Shows back in the day(Ben 10 Especially) so they would definitely be great for Multiversus.

And on the topic of Classic 90's Characters, If the rest of the insiders' stuff is anything to go by, Johnny Bravo should be in the game by now.
I guess some of us are starting to show our age, But it's also why I specifically said "Late 90's-Early/Mid 2000's".

No offense to any of the younger posters here, But for me personally the writing was on the wall or a wake-up call was around during the Mid-Late 2007 Cartoon Network rebrand as a lot of the shows that I previously mentioned and grew up with have already ended or were on their last legs not to mention I was already teenager in high school so it felt somewhat fitting, But also bittersweet that my childhood was coming to an end and that a new wave of cartoons for a new generation were stepping in to take their place come around 2008 and other than watching the occasional rerun of an old favorite or an sometimes an episode of Pokemon I mainly tuned out of Cartoon Network.

But what I will say is that the one major exception for me when it comes to more Modern/Recent" Cartoon Network shows (Post-2010) that I will definitely agree with you on is "Regular Show", The show is pretty hilarious and messed up, I also really like the episode with the geese at the park, Also something about a bipedal Blue Jay and Racoon witnessing all this just makes it more funnier for me for whatever reason.

But yeah I think "Regular Show" has a a really great shot and will eventually make it in, Mordecai is my favorite from the show and along with Rigby would have heavily prefer them as one of the 1st Cartoon Network reveals than the other 2 shows shown.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Hoping for some more Looney Tunes cast tbh. If we can have multiple Steven Universe, Adventure Time and DC characters, gimme at least a few more.
Sylvester (and Tweety) would make my day, but he feels like a long shot compared to Daffy, Taz or Wile.E.Coyote. Not that I'd be disappointed by any of their inclusions.

As much as I would love to see Ed, Edd n Eddy represented through a fighter, they don't tend to get into crossover stuff, allegedly at the creator's request.

Curious, but no Switch version is disappointing.

Hoping for some more Looney Tunes cast tbh. If we can have multiple Steven Universe, Adventure Time and DC characters, gimme at least a few more.
Sylvester (and Tweety) would make my day, but he feels like a long shot compared to Daffy, Taz or Wile.E.Coyote. Not that I'd be disappointed by any of their inclusions.

As much as I would love to see Ed, Edd n Eddy represented through a fighter, they don't tend to get into crossover stuff, allegedly at the creator's request.

You know, they could change minds. They will implement Switch version.
With Nintendo Skins!
Like Shaggy with Mario outfit and Jake with Kirby's outfit.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
dad is that you?

Faso115

Smash Lord
Kinda struggling to think about Tanks and supports. They literally had to made a character up for the latter.

Lol MOBA roles.

UserKev

Smash Champion

I would absolute hype for Tiny Toon representation. Calamity Coyote or Little Beeper would be great oddball picks, Calamity could be a parallel to Jeff. And Little Beeper could be a parallel to Sonic. A Tiny Toon stage would also be sick.

No Switch version yet announced is most likely that Warner wants to avoid any direct Smash competition. It could still have a Switch version eventually.

amageish

Smash Master
I guess I'll post my hopes for this game here!

I kind of want Harvey Birdman. Is this partly because of my hope for an investigation/detective/lawyer character in Smash? Yes. But also it was an enjoyable show in its day and it already has had some crossover flair to it! Similarly, I would also enjoy seeing Marceline to cover my long-time dream of a musician/rhythm-fighter in a platform fighter.

I didn't love how The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy were handled in CN PTE, so I would enjoy seeing it get a second go here... but I also recognize that it's not high-up on the Cartoon Network priority list.

And finally. Look, sometimes, you want crossovers to embrace the stupid. Give me a CG trailer showing off Neo fighting off... Neo.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Intrigued by this game. Only time will tell on how the free-to-play aspect is implemented, but so far, game looks competent and the presentation is pretty impressive.

Really curious what the roster's gonna look like. Warner has an insane library so there's so much they can pull from.

Anywho, watch our second Looney Tunes rep be Big Chungus. After them going all in on Ultra Instinct Shaggy, I'd say there's a non-zero chance.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
In Terms of who i want to see get in, I'd like to see the animaniacs get into the game. i'd like to see them work like a trio fighter which would make their gameplay style unique in someway.

Outside of that, i wouldn't mind Courage since i do adore him back in my younger & teenage years, Regular Show could be cool, and If Anime were to be implemented i'd love to see Mob Psycho 100

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The game looks way more polished than what I was expecting considering that it's free to play. I'm going to keep an eye on it, although I'm usually not a fan of free games we'll see how they'll handle it. I'm excited to see the beta.

Roster wise, what's confirmed is fine I guess. I'm not sure to understand what's the point of the OC and I would have put another franchise instead of two characters from Steven universe but whatever (to be fair I think Steven Universe is pretty big but I never watched it).

And my most wanted, I would like the Animaniacs and Max Max. If they really want to go crazy with the roster, I would also like a lot Austin Power and The Mask.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I would absolute hype for Tiny Toon representation. Calamity Coyote or Little Beeper would be great oddball picks, Calamity could be a parallel to Jeff. And Little Beeper could be a parallel to Sonic. A Tiny Toon stage would also be sick.
surely coyote would end up destroying himself?

UserKev

Smash Champion
I don't want the roster to go "Crazy" honestly. The roster still needs to make sense and legacy relevancy should still be an important factor like in its counterparts. I'm really not hoping for any horror reps. Lebron would be ridiculous.

I just want the game to have a clean roster.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I recall someone wondering who Reindog was before he was revealed in one of our News articles. You said to have them search databases at their leisure to find the character. When they objected, you called them “a twit.” That was just as rude :/

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
And you’re point?
I’m demonstrating a continuous trend of your behavior in regards to others when they ask something. There has been multiple incidents of this sort of behavior in multiple threads. This was to show how this kind of behavior is rude and unproductive to the discussion at hand.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's LeBron James, he's a basketball player. He's in Space Jam 2
View attachment 338242
Personally I don't see LeBron as a lock considering how hated Space Jam 2 was, but I still see him as a likely addition just because he's LeBron James
Oh I see. No wonder I never heard of him

I’m demonstrating a continuous trend of your behavior in regards to others when they ask something. There has been multiple incidents of this sort of behavior in multiple threads. This was to show how this kind of behavior is rude and unproductive to the discussion at hand.
You were the one being rude mate

UserKev

Smash Champion
Anyone else currently content with the gameplay? I'm no fighting genius so I prefer slower gameplay because I can react faster. I'm hoping Multiversus play like Super Smash Bros. Brawl. In my opinion, Multiversus gameplay doesn't need to be faster than Smash 4's gameplay.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Anyone else currently content with the gameplay? I'm no fighting genius so I prefer slower gameplay because I can react faster. I'm hoping Multiversus play like Super Smash Bros. Brawl. In my opinion, Multiversus gameplay doesn't need to be faster than Smash 4's gameplay.
I'm a bit sceptical for now. It does look a bit slow and I'm usually not a big fan of coop focus game, and I'm not sure how well those ideas will translate in a real match. Steven Universe shield is actually pretty cool, but Batman smoke and Bugs Bunny hole just feels gimmicky and I'm not sure if they will be useful in a real fight. I'm still curious to see more but I'm not overly excited.

And on the topic of future characters, I could see them adding new characters based on movie releases. From what I could find WB big franchise getting a movie in 2022 are Batman in March, Fantastic beasts in April, DC super pets in May, Black Adam in July, The Flash in november, Aquaman in December, and a Evil dead movie with no specific date. Out of these, I could see most of the superhero being add easily (Flash, Black Adam, Aquaman). Krypto the superdog could actually be pretty fun it they want to do it. And for Evil dead, Ash Williams could be super fun too but maybe they'll skip it if they don't want to mature characters in the game.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm a bit sceptical for now. It does look a bit slow and I'm usually not a big fan of coop focus game, and I'm not sure how well those ideas will translate in a real match. Steven Universe shield is actually pretty cool, but Batman smoke and Bugs Bunny hole just feels gimmicky and I'm not sure if they will be useful in a real fight. I'm still curious to see more but I'm not overly excited.

And on the topic of future characters, I could see them adding new characters based on movie releases. From what I could find WB big franchise getting a movie in 2022 are Batman in March, Fantastic beasts in April, DC super pets in May, Black Adam in July, The Flash in november, Aquaman in December, and a Evil dead movie with no specific date. Out of these, I could see most of the superhero being add easily (Flash, Black Adam, Aquaman). Krypto the superdog could actually be pretty fun it they want to do it. And for Evil dead, Ash Williams could be super fun too but maybe they'll skip it if they don't want to mature characters in the game.
Whenever I get the game, I'm most likely to stay in the fresher character crowd, Finn, Steven, GoT, etc. Bugs and Batman will be a rarity in my plays. I'm waiting for LoTR, Harry Potter and hopefully some of my dream picks. Superman, Tom and Jerry, etc are the most meh picks for me. Even Reindog is more interesting.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Yeah, outside of Mortal Kombat, i kinda struggle to think of potential characters for WB given how massive their library is.

I do hope the roster isn't filled with DC characters, they have their own games to fall on. 1 or 2 villains from DC will do just fine. (Joker anyone?)

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Yeah, DC would be Fire Emblem of Multiversus.
I don't think DC is truly a Fire emblem case. Sure I could see DC having many characters, but it's more like Mario and Pokémon because DC is freaking huge, so most people are expecting more characters from this sub-universe. I don't think there would be too much complaint like "I can't believe they're adding The flash!!!"

I could see Game of thrones being another Fire emblem because there's no real main characters, and there's so many important characters that they could just add them easily.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Whenever I get the game, I'm most likely to stay in the fresher character crowd, Finn, Steven, GoT, etc. Bugs and Batman will be a rarity in my plays. I'm waiting for LoTR, Harry Potter and hopefully some of my dream picks. Superman, Tom and Jerry, etc are the most meh picks for me. Even Reindog is more interesting.
well you may well be in luck in regards to one of those

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Current thoughts:
IMO, while Multiversus' sluggish speed is a valid concern, I think it's probably such a widespread concern with platfighter fans because we're still enjoying Ultimate, Rivals and Nick Brawl, not to mention looking forward to Fraymakers and DLC for Nick. All those games are very fast paced, but that doesn't mean every game in the genre has to be around that speed-especially one with a competitive 2v2 focus.
I'm probably maining Superman.
The reason there's no Switch port is probably due to most Switch ports these days being utter garbage in terms of performance and Warner just not wanting to deal with any of it.
Lastly, I do want to say that the free-to-play aspect will either make or break this game. It could be really cool and limited (i.e. allows anyone to play the game, cool skins that you can buy OR unlock, stuff like that) or it could make it a Battlefront 2-esque lootbox nightmare.

All in all, I'm looking forward to it, and if it ends up being crap then hopefully it's really funny crap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom