• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Best not to worry too much, i know this is weird and messy looking but can't call it doomsday until we get to release day yet.

What i want to say is hopefully they'll show up some more new stuff before the game relaunches so hopefully it won't be bothersome(atleast in here).
I think you missed the joke, man.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Ok yeah, something’s up.

Shaggy was posted on the same channels as Bugs Bunny yesterday.

Note that the “New Character” line has been replaced by “Character”.

Edit to the above: Xbox still calls Shaggy “new”

Last edited:
They better not be making us wait for a character we already know about once every single day. If that's the case we won't get news until right before ****ing launch.
I know better than to have faith in Warner Bros, but maybe this is because of the joke of Shaggy being a stoner, and we'll get a new character sooner.

At the same time, I have my suspicions that you're correct on when we're getting news.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I know better than to have faith in Warner Bros, but maybe this is because of the joke of Shaggy being a stoner, and we'll get a new character sooner.

At the same time, I have my suspicions that you're correct on when we're getting news.
It's especially annoying for me, considering that the followup to the previous MvS video is done, uploaded, and I'm just waiting for real news to actually release it.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
It's especially annoying for me, considering that the followup to the previous MvS video is done, uploaded, and I'm just waiting for real news to actually release it.
Any reason you gotta wait for news if it's already done? Won't it be outdated by not mentioning the news?
Either way, you're probably gonna be waiting a while, so why not just put it out?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Any reason you gotta wait for news if it's already done? Won't it be outdated by not mentioning the news?
Either way, you're probably gonna be waiting a while, so why not just put it out?
Considering how well the last one did, I want to use the news as it'll be more likely to nab clicks if it comes out the same day as news. At least that's what I'm thinking.

Considering how well the last one did, I want to use the news as it'll be more likely to nab clicks if it comes out the same day as news. At least that's what I'm thinking.
Your reasoning is sound, and most Youtube speculators would do the same. You have the added bonus of being on this forum as well. But at the same time, you do run the risk of less clicks on your first day by waiting too long.

However, if I may be greedy for a moment, could you give us a brief hint at your next video? It can even be blurred like a spoiler if you don't want to bait us.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Your reasoning is sound, and most Youtube speculators would do the same. You have the added bonus of being on this forum as well. But at the same time, you do run the risk of less clicks on your first day by waiting too long.

However, if I may be greedy for a moment, could you give us a brief hint at your next video? It can even be blurred like a spoiler if you don't want to bait us.
You can have more than that. I reconsidered, and we dropped it early. Enjoy!

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
You can have more than that. I reconsidered, and we dropped it early. Enjoy!

I think a lot of your bosses and assist ideas could easily be playable characters, such as Shao Kahn, Lobo, Bane and Daenerys in the bosses category, or Green Arrow, Cyborg, Ice king, Amethyst, Grim, Courage, Austin Powers, Unikitty or Audrey II in the assist category. I'm not against bosses, but imo they should specifically characters that have 0% chances to be playable, same with assists. This isn't like Smash where the assists can be see as a "consolation prize" for character that were not getting in the playable roster either way, because this is a live service game with pretty much no limits on how many characters the roster could have ultimately (until the game dies obviously), so there's really no point to do a full model for character like Courage and Grim that are pretty requested if they can just get in later in the game life cycle. This is especially baffling with Lobo, Bane and Shao Kahn because a boss usually have a fairly complex moveset so there's really no reason to not have them in your playable roster.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I think a lot of your bosses and assist ideas could easily be playable characters, such as Shao Kahn, Lobo, Bane and Daenerys in the bosses category, or Green Arrow, Cyborg, Ice king, Amethyst, Grim, Courage, Austin Powers, Unikitty or Audrey II in the assist category. I'm not against bosses, but imo they should specifically characters that have 0% chances to be playable, same with assists. This isn't like Smash where the assists can be see as a "consolation prize" for character that were not getting in the playable roster either way, because this is a live service game with pretty much no limits on how many characters the roster could have ultimately (until the game dies obviously), so there's really no point to do a full model for character like Courage and Grim that are pretty requested if they can just get in later in the game life cycle. This is especially baffling with Lobo, Bane and Shao Kahn because a boss usually have a fairly complex moveset so there's really no reason to not have them in your playable roster.
you have good points but i'm fine with shao kahn and darkseid being bosses(darkseid has different avatars so you can make him both a fighter & a boss).

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Right, but that's not how I approached the roster build. I didn't approach it from a live service perspective; it's a What If they did a more traditional development cycle (and also this was a series not one game).

Top Bottom