• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
A Game Writer for Multiversus is starting to drum up excitement for the game's upcoming update.
Could be a Joker teasing because of the "Haha".

Either way, I'll believe it when I see it. We have this type of teasing tweets from dev almost every week and there's still nothing. I don't want Twitter teasing, I want real announcement and a roadmap for the future of the game.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
He replied to that post with this so it's most likely not hinting towards anything in particular. We'll see once the new patch drops.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah, season three is absolutely going to be do or die for the game. If it goes poorly or is filled with delays and not much content...I think End of Service will come not long after.
Pretty much. It's been four months since we have a character. Either this game comes out swinging or this game will go six feet under.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So the game will have no aditional update after april 4th, and the beta will shut down in june, and they will relaunch the game in early 2024.

Open Beta Update | MULTIVERSUS
On one hand, disappointing that there won’t be any new updates after April 4.

On the other hand, a relaunch is a great idea.

On a third hand, nice that local play will still be available.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
On one hand, disappointing that there won’t be any new updates after April 4.

On the other hand, a relaunch is a great idea.

On a third hand, nice that local play will still be available.
Yeah while it's disappointing to know that the game will pretty much not playable for 6 months+, I think a relaunch is at this point the best way to save the game. It reminds of Final fantasy 14 in a way. Hopefully the long wait will be worth it, if the game has way more characters and stages at relaunch, alongside better netcode, I could see this being actually quite succesful. But I hope they'll be better at comunication what's coming to the game. A character anouncement every month or so for example could be a pretty exciting way to keep discussion around the game alive even if it's not in a playable state.

Honestly this could go either way, but for now I'm still optimistic about the future of the game, I think this is way better than just dropping season 3 with like 1 new characters, because at this point this wouldn't have save the game at all.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I think this a good move. They tried to experiment a content cadence that was hit or miss, with the game dropping hard on the marketing department after i think the release of Rick. Events were a bit meh and progression was painful,

I hope by next year they tinker with most of the game's issues

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
To be completely honest, this is probably the best move that the devs could've made with what little they have right now. It is much better than making a lackluster season 3 with Pickle Rick as the only character like Marvin in Season 2. Plus it gives the game more time in the proverbial oven to polish a lot of it's flaws and create content that gives players more incentive to stick around.

Of course there's always the chance that the game will just quietly sunset from here, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
A relaunch really can do a world of good if everything goes right. The game wasn't exactly in a disastrous state but it was floundering a lot, a full relaunch with more content, lots of fixes and improvements and other QoL changes can be a huge shot in the arm lest we forget that FFXIV was originally a complete disaster until it's own relaunch into what is now Square's biggest money maker. Opting for a relaunch also gives them a bigger deadline to work towards so they can sort out a content pipeline and such as opposed to being required to provide frequent updates every other week or so. We'll see how it goes when all is said and done however.

On the other hand they charged up to $100 + extra microtransactions on an open beta so I can understand if people find it scummy.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
On the other hand they charged up to $100 + extra microtransactions on an open beta so I can understand if people find it scummy.
To play devil's advocate, the founders pass and microtransactions are both optional things and aren't needed to enjoy the game, and I think people should know by now that buying things from a F2P game can have it's risks, as scummy as they sometimes are.

And unlike other F2P games with microstransactions that have shut down, MultiVersus is coming back atleast.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
It's highly likely that the reason we didn't get an update for so long is due to them needing to basically beg WB not to cut their funding and to give them this as a grace period.

It's healthy for the game, but they better cut the nonsense and just make fighters available for free, no grind. I should do a video about how to fix the game.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
My initial reaction was disappointment, but I get it. The only other option was to let the game flounder until they could shove out a better character after five months than Pickle Rick, I just hope it's worth the wait, and that they let you keep everything you got from the beta.

They have a lot of things they need to get right here. It felt like every update just made the game worse. I do have faith that they can figure it out after all that time.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
My general hopes for all this are:
-Better progression system. I think this is the number 1 thing that makes a lot of people stop playing the game. Just give me a reason for me to keeps playing after I'm done with the 7 daily missions.
-Of course more characters and stages. Stages is especially an area that the game is lacking and imo the relaunch would need at least 10 new stages. For characters, I actually think the roster is not that bad and I'm going to be more lenient, but I hope that they looked at fan demands and choose from that. I think that if the game relaunch with Ben 10, Animaniacs, Rigby and/or Mordecai and like 1 aditional DC characters most people would be fairly happy on that point.
-Maybe a story mode could be huge for the game, something episodic that they could release with every season could work very well.
-Of course remove all (or at least most) bug and glitch the game have
-A Switch version releasing alongside the relaunch on other platforms
-Introduce items and Final smash type moves to gather a bigger casual crowds

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
I know it won't happen but I really hope they dump the focus on 2v2 and just overhaul the MOBA bs entirely. I've agreed with every take that Delzethin Delzethin said in his video yesterday - I even have an unused script for a video I made months ago that says a lot of the same things.

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
As long as silly queue is still in the game as it relaunches and it's improved, it'll be worth the wait. And more characters I guess. That might be cool...

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I don't enter this thread often but speaking as a fan of platform fighters, I can say that MVS' shortcomings come from greedy monetization schemes leading to an insane amount of playtime just to unlock everyone as well as the, for lack of a better term, E-Sportification of the game. The way this game is set up and was built up, it feels like the priority was a competitive game over a video game. I think the more the focus on the latter in the future, the more likely they are to generate the former

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
I don't enter this thread often but speaking as a fan of platform fighters, I can say that MVS' shortcomings come from greedy monetization schemes leading to an insane amount of playtime just to unlock everyone as well as the, for lack of a better term, E-Sportification of the game. The way this game is set up and was built up, it feels like the priority was a competitive game over a video game. I think the more the focus on the latter in the future, the more likely they are to generate the former
It's true - and it failed entirely as a competitive game by it's overwhelmingly stupid decision to base the balance on 2v2 matches.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
do you suppose maybe they're trying to de-monetize it with live service games supposedly dying? no that's too fanciful to be real

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
do you suppose maybe they're trying to de-monetize it with live service games supposedly dying? no that's too fanciful to be real
We can only hope. Weirdly enough, today after MVS announced this, Disney Speedstorm revealed that they're doing... literally everything MVS did wrong!

I'm so sick of this trash. I don't have time or the patience to grind only one game or a certain set of games and never play anything else. Fortnite's about the only one that's truly nailed it, seeing as everything in their BP is purely cosmetic. No characters with different mechanics than what you already have, no extra perks, just cosmetic.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
We can only hope. Weirdly enough, today after MVS announced this, Disney Speedstorm revealed that they're doing... literally everything MVS did wrong!

I'm so sick of this trash. I don't have time or the patience to grind only one game or a certain set of games and never play anything else. Fortnite's about the only one that's truly nailed it, seeing as everything in their BP is purely cosmetic. No characters with different mechanics than what you already have, no extra perks, just cosmetic.
not to mention Fortnite regularly adds new gameplay stuff in game that ANYONE can come across at any point to keep things fresh still

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
that’s slightly funny. signed a Disney fan

Tell me about, one of the many reasons I gave up on gatcha games

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
that’s slightly funny. signed a Disney fan

[I'm so sick of this trash. I don't have time or the patience to grind only one game or a certain set of games and never play anything else. Fortnite's about the only one that's truly nailed it, seeing as everything in their BP is purely cosmetic. No characters with different mechanics than what you already have, no extra perks, just cosmetic.
Tell me about, one of the many reasons I gave up on gatcha games
[/QUOTE]
It's one of the things NASB has going for it over Multiversus. Everyone's there from the beginning, so you can just go through the characters and find one that works for your playstyle.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

To be fair Gameloft (Disney speedstorm devs) is huge and they know how to support a game well. I'm not saying that putting battle pass in every game is good, but I wouldn't throw Disney speedstorm under the bus just because it didn't worked for MVS.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
To be fair Gameloft (Disney speedstorm devs) is huge and they know how to support a game well. I'm not saying that putting battle pass in every game is good, but I wouldn't throw Disney speedstorm under the bus just because it didn't worked for MVS.
credit where it's due at least with Speedstorm I actually completely understand what exactly it is I won't be buying

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Honestly in the case of Speed Storm I'm not surprised...it's a Game Loft game. Game Loft has always been like, Zynga-tier greedy when it comes to microtransactions. I used to play Disney Magic Kingdoms back in the day and it quickly got borderline impossible to get everything as a free to play player.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Honestly in the case of Speed Storm I'm not surprised...it's a Game Loft game. Game Loft has always been like, Zynga-tier greedy when it comes to microtransactions. I used to play Disney Magic Kingdoms back in the day and it quickly got borderline impossible to get everything as a free to play player.
It’s not borderline impossible anymore, it’s now legitimately impossible with Battle Pass shenanigans and making all the Haunted Mansion ghosts only obtainable through chests/lootboxes (region dependent of course).

Add the fact that the game has to put out a update a month to accommodate three updates per season and yeah.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So, With The Relaunch coming what stuff do you guys want to see in the full game?

What Characters? Stages? Items? Modes? and Others for Improvement.

I'll make my list a little later.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So, With The Relaunch coming what stuff do you guys want to see in the full game?

More stages. And for that matter, stages that are more than just "flat platform in between two breakable walls".

Ease up on the panhandling. Everything in this game costs too damn much. Cosmetic skins for a game that's going to be shut down one day shouldn't be over 5 bucks let alone 30.

I was looking forward to the Space Jam stage introducing some sort of Sports mode like in Slap City or NASB, but it ended up being a very niche stage gimmick. So some kind of sports mode built around Basketball would be cool.

My most wanted right now are Daffy, Charlie from Smiling Friends, Marceline and any 90's Cartoon Network character. Preferably Dexter, Samurai Jack or the three Powerpuff Girls as separate unique characters.

D

Deleted member

Max Dood did a video talking about the shutdown and implied the dev team is like max 15 people. could certainly explain why they had trouble with such an ambitious project

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace

More single-player modes that are different from the base game (like how Smash has break the targets, multiman melee, and home run contest)

A better and less barebones arcade mode would be nice, or better yet, an actual overarching story mode

A better distinction between casual and ranked play, as the "casual" mode was the de-facto ranked mode for 80% of the game's lifespan as it contributed to elo. Silly queue shouldn't be the only non-sweat mode.

Multiversus also needs better couch multiplayer support. I'm not sure if they fixed this, but back when I played it was impossible for three couch players to play free-for-all mode, which is pretty unacceptable for a platform fighter.

More stage variety would also be excellent. MV seems to be overly focused on stages that they find competitively viable, though IMO platform fighters also need strictly casual stages like Peach's Castle, Planet Zebes, or even large stages like Hyrule Temple. They don't need to be active in ranked mode of course, just casual. This goes right into my next point, which is...

STAGE SELECTION!!! I have no idea why this isn't a feature in this game at all, as it seems like a no brainer, Even the ability to choose which stages we wanted beforehand and have the computer pick from one of the players beats having no say at all. I remember when I played the game I was so sick of being constantly stuck in Trophy's Edge 2.

As far as characters, my most wanted are Godzilla, Ben 10, and Spear and Fang.

Of course there's also the obvious netcode fixes, meaningful developer communication, and reeling in on predatory microtransactions, but that sounds like it's the general consensus of what people want. Do I really expect all these new features? No, not really, to be honest the dev team hasn't really given me much reason to believe they'd come up with too many improvements by games prospective "release" time. But I'll wait and see how this game develops into 2024.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
I know it won't happen but I really hope they dump the focus on 2v2 and just overhaul the MOBA bs entirely. I've agreed with every take that Delzethin Delzethin said in his video yesterday - I even have an unused script for a video I made months ago that says a lot of the same things.
Looking at this from a certain point of view... That'd be sacrificing one of Multiversus' most unique qualities that help it stand out from every other platform fighter. Not a good call. Lots of team based games have done well and thousands of people didn't mind or liked the 2v2 aspect. Certain gameplay issues like the dodge system can be tinkered without sacrificing the game's most standout quality.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that this would be what they consider as the "full game" which would mean that I expect the game to finally be released on the Switch when it does get relaunched in 2024.

Top Bottom