• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Interesting new leak just... leaked.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Additionally, Joker seems to be mostly done and more Samurai Jack content is cropping up
I'm very curious who this could be.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
oh helll noooo,
okay that was just me being dramatic but still more DC?
grrrr I hate it when one of the most iconic brands in the world gets more content. I want glimbo sporgi from the beloved 2007 cartoon network show that ran for one season of 18 episodes 😡😡😡

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Interesting new leak just... leaked.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Additionally, Joker seems to be mostly done and more Samurai Jack content is cropping up
I'm very curious who this could be.
Might be me going full tinfoil-hat, but maybe it's Scorpion?

With "Grapple" being an obvious nod to his spear grab and "Ketchup" being a family-friendly euphemism for blood, which could tie into a possible fatality perk?

Also I don't neccessarily hate the idea of more DC content, but they should probably take advantage of their large library of iconic franchises before they put in even more DC fighters.

Plus, if they choose another DC fighter, I doubt there would be much fanfare for the super iconic character known as Condiment King lmao

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ketchup is a family-friendly euphemism for blood so it's looking like this character is known for a lot of violence.
you sure you don't mean toddler friendly? cause most of the family friendly stuff i know are fine with the word blood

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
you sure you don't mean toddler friendly? cause most of the family friendly stuff i know are fine with the word blood
As Grapple and Ketchup are names not meant to be seen outside the devs, it might be something humorously named by them regarding a perk that involves blood, but is aso meant to be in a family-friendly game. The finished product will likely have blood in the name or reference blood in some way, but the dev name is a funny take that shows they can't get too gorey with the concept.

D

Deleted member

It's worth noting that bGuess and Sektor are codenamed Ketchup and Mustard, so there are some mk ties there.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Might be me going full tinfoil-hat, but maybe it's Scorpion?

With "Grapple" being an obvious nod to his spear grab and "Ketchup" being a family-friendly euphemism for blood, which could tie into a possible fatality perk?

Also I don't neccessarily hate the idea of more DC content, but they should probably take advantage of their large library of iconic franchises before they put in even more DC fighters.

Plus, if they choose another DC fighter, I doubt there would be much fanfare for the super iconic character known as Condiment King lmao
The tricky thing is that, if you're correct, why would he be a Rick derivative?. The closest comparison is the Gizmo/Stripe thing, where they were slot 23A and 23B respectively, but they are least have a connection by being from the same series. Rick and Scorpion have next to nothing in common, and if I were to make Scorpion use anyone as a base I probably would have gone with Arya or Batman, not a zoner like Rick
are we sure we’re not all forgetting about some Cartoon Network character who loves ketchup?
Finally. Pikachu in a platform fighter.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Whoever this character is, they will have a very similar moveset to Rick and are also known for violence.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The new DC slate is giving us a look at some characters that might be added way down the line.

Swamp-Thing and Booster Gold stand out as particularly likely, at least in my opinion.
Booster gold is one of my most wanted, I really hope they don't sleep on him, he's such a cool character. Swamp thing could be sick too.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Booster gold is one of my most wanted, I really hope they don't sleep on him, he's such a cool character. Swamp thing could be sick too.
I don't know a lot about DC, I'm far more of a Marvel fan (my DC knowledge basically begins and ends with the Teen Titans show) but from the little I know about Booster Gold I adore him. It's just a fun idea that can be taken in a ton of different ways. I really hope the show is good.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
why is it always damian?
None of the Robins have had a live action movie outing since Joel Schumacher's movies
Damian lets them get all the Bat Family going at once instead of wrestling with the fact that everyone else is getting ancient by the time we get to Red Hood and Damian.

Who’s the blue hand with the potion supposed to be?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Those two, supergirl and an lantern all seem possible. We'll see how this game is doing by the time these films come out though (The Authority is a wild pick but Gunn is the same person who made the GOTG household names so)

On the Rick thing. I'm honestly thinking it's gonna be another R&M character, maybe a full Pickle Rick character or something. Though that seems like bad timing right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
None of the Robins have had a live action movie outing since Joel Schumacher's movies
Damian lets them get all the Bat Family going at once instead of wrestling with the fact that everyone else is getting ancient by the time we get to Red Hood and Damian.
they still use him in everything else

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I remember seeing this fanart Fall 2022, so it was probably made before the Gandalf being scrapped news was well-known. Also note the Godzilla and Harry Potter(?) representation, which were also likely scapped around the same time as well.
From my knowledge, Godzilla is still being planned tho.

Despite Legendary's departure from Warner Bros, the latter is still gonna distribute the MonsterVerse films.

Given recent datamining shows a moveset of Godzilla having been made.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I remember seeing this fanart Fall 2022, so it was probably made before the Gandalf being scrapped news was well-known. Also note the Godzilla and Harry Potter(?) representation, which were also likely scapped around the same time as well.
going by the wand its dumbledore

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This means if Robin does get in it will most likely be the Damian Wayne version, unless they're basing the portrayal off the Teen Titans cartoon (which is the Richard Grayson version) but Richard is more likely to get in as Nightwing anyways.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
This means if Robin does get in it will most likely be the Damian Wayne version, unless they're basing the portrayal off the Teen Titans cartoon (which is the ** Grayson version) but ** is more likely to get in as Nightwing anyways.
They could put Damian and Tim as skin of each other with different voice lines. Yeah I agree that Grayson will most likely get in as Nightwing with his own moveset, and similarly I think that Jason would most likely join as Red Hood if they add him.

Top Bottom