• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I was bored so I decided to make a version of Multiversus but with Disney characters. Every character is a direct replacement of someone on the original roster, which I'm posting for reference to make everything clear
View attachment 366899
View attachment 366900
Nice roster fo a Disney platform fighter. Though if it were up to me I'd replace Doof with Perry (animal family member to the main character), and Mickey with Goofy (as Shaggy's not the main character of Scooby-Doo, but heavily associated with Scooby like Goofy is to Mickey.)

8c2.jpg

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So Adult swim just officially cut tied with Justin Roiland. I wonder if the team knew about the situation and this is why Rick and Morty got no new voice lines. If that's the case maybe we'll get interactions when the show will recast them for future season?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So Adult swim just officially cut tied with Justin Roiland. I wonder if the team knew about the situation and this is why Rick and Morty got no new voice lines. If that's the case maybe we'll get interactions when the show will recast them for future season?
Although the news didn't come out until a few weeks ago. It was possible that they knew about it back then, but they didn't act on it until the news became public.

D

Deleted member

Although the news didn't come out until a few weeks ago. It was possible that they knew about it back then, but they didn't act on it until the news became public.
Apparently (allegedly) Roiland had been kept out for the writers room for some time beofre this. Seems like his behaviour behind the scenes was kind of an open secret

Last edited by a moderator:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I wonder how Rick and Morty will fare with him gone. He provided most of the voices in the show, including both of the title characters.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I wonder how Rick and Morty will fare with him gone. He provided most of the voices in the show, including both of the title characters.
They already announced the voices for the title characters will be recast.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
There's probably dozens of impersonators on YouTube who can do Rick and Morty's voices pitch perfectly, so logically, they'll probably choose none of them and get someone who sounds off.

Apparently (allegedly) Roiland had been kept out for the writers room for some time beofre this. Seems like his beaver behind the scenes was kind of an open secret
Wild they haven't extended the same to Dan Harmon. Last season had three incest episodes.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
There's probably dozens of impersonators on YouTube who can do Rick and Morty's voices pitch perfectly, so logically, they'll probably choose none of them and get someone who sounds off.

Wild they haven't extended the same to Dan Harmon. Last season had three incest episodes.
Yeah seriously get that creepy **** out of there.

Unrelated, but god the battle pass XP is so slow to grind. I don't have the time to do any more than just dailies most of the time. For God's sakes, they need to fix that ****.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Nice roster fo a Disney platform fighter. Though if it were up to me I'd replace Doof with Perry (animal family member to the main character), and Mickey with Goofy (as Shaggy's not the main character of Scooby-Doo, but heavily associated with Scooby like Goofy is to Mickey.)

That's pretty fair. I disagree with replacing Mickey with Goofy (the Mickey IP should replace Looney Tunes, but I wanted more characters from Disney movies so I fudged things a bit and let Mickey be in Scooby Doo) but Perry absolutely makes more sense for Jake (and there's absolutely going to be a third AT rep so Doofenshmirtz will come back anyway), I think I'll make that change.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
That's pretty fair. I disagree with replacing Mickey with Goofy (the Mickey IP should replace Looney Tunes, but I wanted more characters from Disney movies so I fudged things a bit and let Mickey be in Scooby Doo) but Perry absolutely makes more sense for Jake (and there's absolutely going to be a third AT rep so Doofenshmirtz will come back anyway), I think I'll make that change.
If Disney got into the crossover platform fighter business, Perry the Platypus would be the single character I'd want more than any other character in any crossover platform fighter ever.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hey Guys....it's been a while hasn't it?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's getting close to three months without any new characters.
Goes to show.

Smash can't be topped apparently.

RIP Multiversus. RIP Godzilla. RIP any other potential future Platform fighters (Disney and Universal).

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Goes to show.

RIP Multiversus. RIP Godzilla. RIP any other potential future Platform fighters (Disney and Universal).

Smash has had the luxury of 20 years to build itself up and starting out the gate with a character that was at the absolute peak of his popularity. Don't start doomposting already. Lets see where this goes first before we start ringing the dirge bells.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The last new fighter we got was Marvin on November 21, 2022. We didn't get any in December and now we're not getting any in January. Something is up behind the scenes. What I'm believing is that Harry Potter is next and the devs were forced by the higher ups at Warner Bros. to include him in order to promote Hogwarts Legacy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Flaming/Harrassment
Goes to show.

The last new fighter we got was Marvin on November 21, 2022. We didn't get any in December and now we're not getting any in January. Something is up behind the scenes. What I'm believing is that Harry Potter is next and the devs were forced by the higher ups at Warner Bros. to include him in order to promote Hogwarts Legacy.
They literally said they were taking a break for the holidays. Why are y'all going full stupid?

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I don't really play Multiversus that much anymore, and I as a pedestrian player haven't heard a peep about it for over a month outside of smashboards. Honestly, whoever is in charge of the social media/advertisement team for Multiversus needs to seriously step up their game.

For one, the lack of any advertisement at all in The Game Awards was a massive missed opportunity, especially considering they won best fighting game of the year. Even if they didn't have Joker or whoever was next on their lineup in a playable state, they could've at least included a small advertisement or dev video where they said that they were hard at work at more content for the game, maybe with some slight tease at future content or something. The stars were aligned for them to advertise their game on a huge scale and they completely flubbed it.

Secondly, there has been very little fanfare for the game during the holiday season. This seems very weird, especially considering it was around December when less info was coming up aside from patch notes and minor twitter updates about their in-house tourneys. Even if they don't have any new content right away, the marketing team should at least put some effort into making advertisements for the game to spread awareness of its existence to kids and parents outside of twitter.

While this game isn't dead yet, it's losing relevancy fast, and it needs to cast a wider net if it doesn't want to become like NASB.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't really play Multiversus that much anymore, and I as a pedestrian player haven't heard a peep about it for over a month outside of smashboards. Honestly, whoever is in charge of the social media/advertisement team for Multiversus needs to seriously step up their game.

For one, the lack of any advertisement at all in The Game Awards was a massive missed opportunity, especially considering they won best fighting game of the year. Even if they didn't have Joker or whoever was next on their lineup in a playable state, they could've at least included a small advertisement or dev video where they said that they were hard at work at more content for the game, maybe with some slight tease at future content or something. The stars were aligned for them to advertise their game on a huge scale and they completely flubbed it.

Secondly, there has been very little fanfare for the game during the holiday season. This seems very weird, especially considering it was around December when less info was coming up aside from patch notes and minor twitter updates about their in-house tourneys. Even if they don't have any new content right away, the marketing team should at least put some effort into making advertisements for the game to spread awareness of its existence to kids and parents outside of twitter.

While this game isn't dead yet, it's losing relevancy fast, and it needs to cast a wider net if it doesn't want to become like NASB.
Especially considering that the Steamcharts userbase has fallen below 1000 players for the very first time since launch.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
They literally said they were taking a break for the holidays. Why are y'all going full stupid?
If that was the case we would have gotten a character out this month, but they did not.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
My theory/hope is that the reason we haven't gotten much during Season 2 is that they realized that the game was trending downwards in relevance, and instead of dropping characters to little fanfare like in season 1 they would have Season 3's launch be big, arguably a soft relaunch. 2-3 characters (probably Joker, Wicked Witch, and Samurai Jack), 1-2 new stages, and hopefully better netcode or some other surprise.

osby

Smash Obsessed
How did you guys survive Smash Ultimate DLC?

Seriously, devs taking some time off is a good thing. Nobody should be forced to work without a break for a video game, especially when it has a fine amount of fighters already. Multiversus has a lot of issues that needs to be patched but just because the small studio behind it has a healthy balance of work and life doesn't mean that the game is dying.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Papagenos briefly touched on this already, but they really shot themselves in the foot releasing so many characters in such a short time frame. Like we were getting a character every week or two weeks.
They should have spread it out much more to give themselves a wider berth. Like one a month or something. If they'd have done that, we'd be getting Black Adam now and Marvin by next month, and it wouldn't feel like we're in a drought and they'd have more to hype people up with.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Papagenos briefly touched on this already, but they really shot themselves in the foot releasing so many characters in such a short time frame. Like we were getting a character every week or two weeks.
They should have spread it out much more to give themselves a wider berth. Like one a month or something. If they'd have done that, we'd be getting Black Adam now and Marvin by next month, and it wouldn't feel like we're in a drought and they'd have more to hype people up with.
That would sadly be the case, i'm hoping they continue to amaze people and they enjoy the characters & that "Backslide" doesn't decide to pull the plug.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I think datamines also heavily impacted development, cause there is almost no hype cause we know about 2 years worth of characters by now

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think datamines also heavily impacted development, cause there is almost no hype cause we know about 2 years worth of characters by now
Huh. I didn't really think about it, but yeah. That might be a factor. I'm gonna pull up a list that Opossum Opossum made that rounded up all the leaks.
So since it's been a while since any major leaks, I figured I'd make an updated rundown of What We Know and where we know it from, while also not having be from Kubrick Man. If anyone can point out what I miss, it'd be appreciated.

Basically Confirmed Tier:

These are characters who have voice lines of their own present in the data of the game. Not just others referencing them, but their own lines, implying they may be coming soon.

Raven
Wicked Witch of the West
Beetlejuice
Joker (I think? I swear he had lines but I could be mixing things up)

In the Pipeline Tier:

These characters have targeted lines from other characters, making them less of locks than the former set, but still having good odds.

Scooby-Doo (of these, Scooby has by far the most targeted lines)
Danaerys
The Hound
Poison Ivy
Static
Craig of the Creek
Eleven

Stage and Text Tier:

The following characters have references in the code for stages. Considering we don't really have stages that aren't tied to characters, this is notable. May also include characters only stated through text strings.

Samurai Jack
A character from The Goonies (probably Sloth due to precedent?)
The Animaniacs (The Warner Lot has stage data, and they were mentioned in hugeleakeractually's post, but technically they're less confirmed than the former two)
Godzilla (moveset partially present in data; unsure how the Legendary situation will/won't affect this)
Emmet (Lego brick found in data; unsure how Lego film rights will/won't affect this)
A Matrix Character (possibly Neo; Matrix code found in the files)

Text Tier:

These characters are stated to be in by hugeleakeractually.

Johnny Bravo
Fred Flintstone
The Powerpuff Girls
Ben 10
Duck Dodgers/Daffy Duck
Scorpion
Ted Lasso

Dropped or On Hold Tier:

These characters were considered, in development, or straight up finished at one point, but seem to have been dropped entirely.

Gandalf
Legolas
Mad Max
Harry Potter
Ron Weasley
That's 26 characters, or 21 excluding the characters in limbo. There are even a few he forgot, like Nubia and the OCs. That's a full Melee of unrevealed but leaked fighters. Even Smash, at it's worst (Vergeben), still had a few secrets - none of that here.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If that was the case we would have gotten a character out this month, but they did not.
You speak very confidently for someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

You're not there on the dev team. Don't assume you know everything. Or anything, really, given your track record.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why it would affect the development at all?

Smash gets leaks all the time and they just release characters in the usual order when they are ready. I heavily doubt that the dev team would scrap or sit on finished fighters just because some people know they're coming.

(or you could do like me and avoid leaks but admittedly that's not super easy)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You speak very confidently for someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

You're not there on the dev team. Don't assume you know everything. Or anything, really, given your track record.
The holiday season typically ends on New Year's Day. There's no reason to have a "holiday break" stretch into February because the holiday season typically doesn't last that long.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The holiday season typically ends on New Year's Day. There's no reason to have a "holiday break" stretch into February because the holiday season typically doesn't last that long.
Don't reply further if you're going to insist on being an arm chair game developer. You act like you know a lot more than you actually do.

Just be patient instead of jumping to the worst case scenario at every possible point. It's annoying as hell and equally as stupid.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Some place take bigger break, they could have taken a 2 weeks break and start only on January 9.

Besides, I think that they learned from season 1 and they realised that announcing every characters for the season very early on was not a really good move. We're probably going to get a shadow drop or a surprise announcement in February.

I do agree that the wait is longer than expected, but the game just got a pretty big updates with a new events, 2 new stages variants and a fairly good amount of balance change. The game is far from dying.

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
I don't know what Warner's time off policy is but around this time of year, crucial employees can be missing at different times because if employees are given flexible time off, then there's no guarantee people are taking the same period off. It's not that weird. I just started a job with a studio and HR was on vacation the week I started. If it's company mandated that's one thing, but there are other reasons people may be missing even if it is. I won't pretend like I've been playing much of this game, but it's not like they're doing nothing. It's also really nice that a studio tied to such a large corporation is allowed to do this and the devs aren't forced to die to add The Joker into the funny Shaggy game. I'd expect things to pick up soon but the gap, while long for this game, is still shorter than most gaps between Smash characters.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
The reason they are taking so long foe the next character is that WB demanded Velma from Velma show as a character /s

Top Bottom