• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Wow. This is a prime example of first world problems lmao. I understand wanting more interactions, they're nice, just silly seeing people actually getting upset that not every character talks with each other. Other platform fighters don't really have the massive amount of interactions we have in MVS.
Dawg I'm not that upset about it I'm just making conversation because I think it's an interesting talking point

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Does anyone have lines against Finn? Not even Jake interacts with Finn.
I think Jake has some lines when he's teamed up with Finn.

Wow. This is a prime example of first world problems lmao. I understand wanting more interactions, they're nice, just silly seeing people actually getting upset that not every character talks with each other. Other platform fighters don't really have the massive amount of interactions we have in MVS.
No one is upset? It's just something we're pointing out.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
"Just write interactions for every character, jeez!!" "I hate how certain characters doesn't have this interaction" Call it what you want but it's insane to me seeing you guys actually get irritated over stuff like this. To the point of actively using strong wording like this. There's a difference between just talking about it and just flat out complaining. You two are complaining hard over this... first world problems, 100%. Every character not talking with each other is whatever, certainly not enough to get irritated about it imo.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
"Just write interactions for every character, jeez!!" "I hate how certain characters doesn't have this interaction" Call it what you want but it's insane to me seeing you guys actually get irritated over stuff like this. There's a difference between talking and wanting more and just flat out complaining. You two are complaining hard over this... first world problems, 100%. Every character not talking with each other is whatever, certainly not enough to get irritated about it lmao.
surely complaining about people complaining is also a first world problem?

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I also have a pet peeve of complainers. I just really want to hate Multiversus because I don't like the free to play model and its competition to smash. (And I like video games more than any other medium)

Edit: But I do have to say I'm shocked and disagree with everyone. Mavin has a lot of voice lines recorded.

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
surely complaining about people complaining is also a first world problem?
That's not what first world problems mean. Especially when I somewhat agree that more interactions would be nice. The way it's being critiqued right now as if it's a massively glaring issue over some chars not talking to a couple of others is... wow.

It kind of gives spoiled energy to complain that everyone should talk to each other in detail ngl. Not even triple A fighting games have every character interact especially not in the multiple varied ways MVS does it (from taunts to being ring outed to even saying a char specific quip from certain attacks).

Last edited:

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Um, in some better news of Bad, Multiversus Susie just lost her twitter account.

My Guess? Warner Brothers.
The leaker? Yeah she kinda knew everything, didn't she. I mean not one thing was a surprise. Its probably best for the game.

Edit: But there is still dataminers so PFG needs to be more cryptic in how they do things.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's not what first world problems mean. Especially when I somewhat agree that more interactions would be nice. The way it's being critiqued right now as if it's a massively glaring issue over some chars not talking to a couple of others is... wow.

It kind of gives spoiled energy to complain that everyone should talk to each other in detail ngl. Not even triple A fighting games have every character interact especially not in the multiple varied ways MVS does it (from taunts to being ring outed to even saying a char specific quip from certain attacks).
im not sure that’s what they were saying

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
While I think it's fair to want a bit more interaction, I think a lot of fans (not specifically on this boards) don't realise how insane it is that we have that much interactions to begin with. Like Fields said, no other fighting games even come close to have this much character interaction, especially in crossover. The only game that I can think of that have characters interaction kind of similar to Multiversus is Injustice 2 and Mortal kombat X and 11, but in those games characters only interact at the intro and some interactions (especially DLC characters) are very generic. Multiversus does it not only for intro, but for specific moves, for taunt, for respawn, for the ending. There's no way every character will ever interact with each other.

And yeah, Marvin could have interact with more characters, but considering that Rick and Morty have no interactions because the voice actors couldn't be back for some reason I'm just glad Marvin have them at all.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
While I think it's fair to want a bit more interaction, I think a lot of fans (not specifically on this boards) don't realise how insane it is that we have that much interactions to begin with. Like Fields said, no other fighting games even come close to have this much character interaction, especially in crossover. The only game that I can think of that have characters interaction kind of similar to Multiversus is Injustice 2 and Mortal kombat X and 11, but in those games characters only interact at the intro and some interactions (especially DLC characters) are very generic. Multiversus does it not only for intro, but for specific moves, for taunt, for respawn, for the ending. There's no way every character will ever interact with each other.

And yeah, Marvin could have interact with more characters, but considering that Rick and Morty have no interactions because the voice actors couldn't be back for some reason I'm just glad Marvin have them at all.
Shockingly, as I found out, Marvin has the most interactions with the highest pool of characters. I dunno, I feel like I remember the team using that as a selling point, that characters interact, and I just feel like if that's a selling point maybe put more effort into it, y'know?

Smash Journeyman
"More effort" They've put more than enough effort into it if they went as far as programming post-KO lines and lines that trigger specifically for certain characters mid-attack. And they've gone on record to say that they even plan on adding more and that the 3-4 interactions some chars have is just the starting point.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
"More effort" They've put more than enough effort into it if they went as far as programming post-KO lines and lines that trigger specifically for certain characters mid-attack. And they've gone on record to say that they even plan on adding more and that the 3-4 interactions some chars have is just the starting point.
Unfortunately, they can't do this for Batman unless they either reuse voice clips from other Batman games or have all his lines redubbed with a new VA.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You seem very upset about this, I'm not really all that torn up over a game in beta dawg

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Is Electric Company Warner Bros? The OG one. Was that on PBS?

Edit: Top requested characters on official discord
1st: Ben 10 (8,208) 2nd: Walter White (7,389) 3rd: Rigby (3,935) 4th: Mordecai (3,442) 5th: The Animaniacs (Group) (3,174) 6th: Gumball Watterson (3,073) 7th: Robin (2,904) 8th: Jarro (2,752) LOOK UP WHO THEY ARE, DONT ASK ME 9th: Daffy Duck (2,710) 10th: Samurai Jack (2,499) 11th: The Joker (2,306) 12th: The Flash (2,176) 13th: Jotaro (2,048) 14th: Scooby Doo (1,754) 15th: Goku (1,739) 16th: Godzilla (1,704) 17th: Darwin (1,675) 18th: Harry Potter (1,657) 19th: Courage (1,656) 20th: Saul Goodman (1,623)

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Regadless of this argument, it's still weird Marvin doesn't have any interactions with Garnet. Missed opportunity to see Gems from the perspective of another alien.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Loving some of these results.

Rigby and Mordecai are placed 3rd and 4th, Samurai Jack is 10th, Johnny Bravo is 23rd.

Seeing Fred Flintstone that far away from the top 20 is a bit sad, but he's atleast the second most requested Hannah-Barbera character (on this discord server, atleast).

I'm also really surprised by Sonic being the second most requested video game character. I really thought Sub-Zero would beat him.

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I get the impression these polls are skewed towards relatively young demographics
speaking of the youngins, they really got stirred up over
the Goonies datamine.
so much so that half of the community is hating on legacy picks.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
speaking of the youngins, they really got stirred up over
the Goonies datamine.
so much so that half of the community is hating on legacy picks.
Eh, let them seethe. Same community thinks Gumball and Darwin are better picks than Nicole.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I get the impression these polls are skewed towards relatively young demographics
What makes you think that? A lot of characters here aimed at a pretty large demographic if I look at the top 25. Regular show and Gumball aired more than 10 years ago so a kids that grew up watching those would probably be in their 20s. Other characters are way older than that such as Samurai Jack, Courage, Powerpuff girls and Animaniacs (to be fair some of them got reboot quite recently but I'm assuming that most votes are from people that watched those original shows).

Eh, let them seethe. Same community thinks Gumball and Darwin are better picks than Nicole.
I don't get it. Why would Nicole be a better pick than the main character?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
What makes you think that? A lot of characters here aimed at a pretty large demographic if I look at the top 25. Regular show and Gumball aired more than 10 years ago so a kids that grew up watching those would probably be in their 20s. Other characters are way older than that such as Samurai Jack, Courage, Powerpuff girls and Animaniacs (to be fair some of them got reboot quite recently but I'm assuming that most votes are from people that watched those original shows).
Not every pick is that, just the selection feels very limited and has a large lack of variety compared to the scope of WB’s library. This just feels very skewed towards early 2010’s nostalgia with the bare bones modern CN dominance and the two Breaking Bad characters and server memes. Just says to me that the current largest demographic are folks in their late teens to early 20’s

I don't get it. Why would Nicole be a better pick than the main character?
Need I say more?

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I personally think Gumball and Darwin (seperated or duo) would have a more interesting moveset than Nicole.

Also I was never that big of a fan of Nicole ngl.
Well I am, and I may need to hear some ideas on what either of them or both at once could bring to the table first.

Nah guys we'll get Richard Watteson.

If there's one thing cartoon dads have, it is memes. Nigel and Hugh showed us that.
I’m fairly certain Nicole has just as many if not more memes than Richard.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
For anyone unfamiliar with adventure Times later seasons what do you think Fern is and why does he look like a green finn!
(I obviously know the answer i just want to know your theorys!)

And BTW That Fern is the only skin that Changes finns weapon is sad! I would love for season 10 Finn to be playble! (he has a cooler sword)
also i know finn only has three skins but yeah finn needs some more skins!

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
For anyone unfamiliar with adventure Times later seasons what do you think Fern is and why does he look like a green finn!
(I obviously know the answer i just want to know your theorys!)

And BTW That Fern is the only skin that Changes finns weapon is sad! I would love for season 10 Finn to be playble! (he has a cooler sword)
also i know finn only has three skins but yeah finn needs some more skins!
Fern is Finn, from another time who got trapped into a sword based on himself, then finn's grassword which was taken by someone stabbed the sword's orb & kept that finn into a cacoon, then when the sword got fused with the grassword it brought that finn back to physical form, thus Fern was born.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Fern is Finn, from another time who got trapped into a sword based on himself, then finn's grassword which was taken by someone stabbed the sword's orb & kept that finn into a cacoon, then when the sword got fused with the grassword it brought that finn back to physical form, thus Fern was born.
Yeah i know that! But yeah i wanted to ask what people thought he was in my case before i reached that point i thought Finn would just grow Grass at some point! (Because i saw a picture of the together again Episode with only Fern!) So i assumed that finn would just grow grass instead its "another" Finn becomming a sword which fuses with a Grass Bug Creating Fern (Or Grass finn as hes originally known)!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Yeah i know that! But yeah i wanted to ask what people thought he was in my case before i reached that point i thought Finn would just grow Grass at some point! (Because i saw a picture of the together again Episode with only Fern!) So i assumed that finn would just grow grass instead its "another" Finn becomming a sword which fuses with a Grass Bug Creating Fern (Or Grass finn as hes originally known)!
he never grew grass, it was just another finn who was turned into grass by a demon.

Top Bottom