• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
So any thoughts on Black Adam? I think he's fairly fun but he doesn't seems to hit as hard as he should be considering how slow he is. Is up special also feels very useless imo.

And by the way now that we have everyone, who was your favorite character from season 1? Mine is easily Stripe. Cool pick overall becasue I like Gremlins and I really like that they had lesser known characters this early into the game life and his rushdown playstyle is very fun (although it can be annoying to fight against).
My favorites are Stripe, Iron Giant, and Gizmo. They all definitely hit my nostalgia

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Multiversus Susie has left leaking for the game due to losing interest

part of me thinks it's good one leaker left but i mostly feel bad that she had to leave, i wish her luck on where she goes i guess.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
So any thoughts on Black Adam? I think he's fairly fun but he doesn't seems to hit as hard as he should be considering how slow he is. Is up special also feels very useless imo.

And by the way now that we have everyone, who was your favorite character from season 1? Mine is easily Stripe. Cool pick overall becasue I like Gremlins and I really like that they had lesser known characters this early into the game life and his rushdown playstyle is very fun (although it can be annoying to fight against).
Black Adam is personally my favorite Season 1 character, with Gizmo and Stripe being close seconds. And I personally don't think his up special is useless, it's a good movement tool. It has saved me a couple of times from falling into the bottom blast zone and dodge some aerial attacks that would've most likely killed me. I do hope his lightning effects get fixed on Playstation ASAP, it's sometimes really hard to tell where my hitbox is supposed to be.

Also, I don't see many people talk about it, but what do you guys think of Silly Queue? I personally think it's a really fun casual mode.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
People can complain about Black Adam all they want. I came around to him, his dialogue and moveset alone makes him one of the sickest characters idc.
I 100% agree. Honestly people are calling him boring because of the movie, but like at the end of the day does it matter? He's a cool character on his own and his design isn't even based on the movie.

Also I remember a lot of DC fans saying that they wanted more smaller character and vilains (instead of just the obvious pick like Flash and Green Lantern).

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I haven't really played Black Adam at all, his playstyle doesn't really appeal to me too much in the lab and I don't really have any attachment to the character.

On another note, what're everyone's thoughts on arcade mode? I think it's a little bare-bones, but it's still pretty fun. I dig the giant Reindog at the end. It felt a little bit like fighting Giga Bowser in Melee.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
On another note, what're everyone's thoughts on arcade mode? I think it's a little bare-bones, but it's still pretty fun. I dig the giant Reindog at the end. It felt a little bit like fighting Giga Bowser in Melee.
Honestly?

It's a bit messy at the moment.

The A.I. sometimes freezes and does nothing (and sometimes even SD's), even on the hardest difficulty, the rival character is different from what it actually shows on the UI (atleast for Tom and Jerry it's different, it shows Taz but gives me Reindog instead.) and the final Reindog fight sometimes feels a bit too overpowered in hard mode. The final Reindog also is a bit laggy cuz it's sometimes walks in mid-air.

Aside from these issues, Arcade Mode is just alright. Nothing too special.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I haven't really played Black Adam at all, his playstyle doesn't really appeal to me too much in the lab and I don't really have any attachment to the character.

i tried easy mode so far, i haven't touch the rest of the modes yet but i'm probably gonna stay away from hard mode.

D

Deleted member

We don't actually have anything to say he's "scrapped." Juet not being worked on right now (and even that we don't know for sure). There's enough evidence for him I think

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Then explain the image MasterCheef posted?
It's a fanmade image by PapaGenos, a guy who famously knows **** and **** about any kinds of leaks and is clawing for relevance on YouTube. Maybe he heard this Reddit rumor or that Reddit rumor and is slapping things into a fancy infographic but absolutely nothing is gospel right now. Character files vanish from datamines constantly.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Keep in mind too that Legendary left Warner Bros. which I can't blame them given that idiot Zaslav.

Might have something to do with what Papagenos had said in his video.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
It's a fanmade image by PapaGenos, a guy who famously knows ** and ** about any kinds of leaks and is clawing for relevance on YouTube. Maybe he heard this Reddit rumor or that Reddit rumor and is slapping things into a fancy infographic but absolutely nothing is gospel right now. Character files vanish from datamines constantly.
PapaGenos is actually a really nice guy when you get to know him, and he didn't start doing youtube to make it his job, in fact, he still doesn't do it as a job. He just likes speculation, so he looks into datamined information; I've found him to be a generally trustworthy source, and he never claims to know anything himself, he just likes to theorize.

He's also here on the boards, though he's not active anymore to my knowledge.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Honestly every MK Fan is saying stuff like Scorpion or raiden should get in but like isnt Liu Kang The Main Hero a lot of the Time! (Or Dead/ Zombie)
It Would be probably the most balanced if when MK reaches 4 Characters its:
Classic Scorpion (Ninja Alts)
Raiden
Liu Kang
Shang Tsung
Atleast thats what my never played Mk Brain but watched some Lore Vids Brain says!
Also all of them have tons of cool Alts!

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Honestly every MK Fan is saying stuff like Scorpion or raiden should get in but like isnt Liu Kang The Main Hero a lot of the Time! (Or Dead/ Zombie)
Raiden
Liu Kang
Shang Tsung
Atleast thats what my never played Mk Brain but watched some Lore Vids Brain says!
Yeah Liu Kang is technically the main character but honestly most people find him boring. I could see join the roster later but when Mortal kombat do crossover they always go with Scorpion first. This is similar to Smash that choose Kazuya instead of Jin for the Tekken rep despit Jin being the main character technically.

Aside from Liu kang, Cassie Cage is very prominent and is slowly starting to be one of the main character. I could also see her being added later, but I'm not sure that they would add Cassie before Johnny who is just far more popular and iconic.

Personally if I had to choose 4 MK characters I think I would go with: Scorpion, Sub-zero, Shao Kahn and Mileena. I think those 4 strike a good balance between iconic, good moveset potential and popularity with the fanbase. That being said, Raiden and Shang Tsung are good pick too but if I had to choose I'd rather have Shao Kahn than Shang Tsung. Personally I'd just skip Liu Kang even if he's the main, or maybe add them later, I wouldn't put it in high priority (I'd add Johnny Cage and Goro before him for instance among others).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Scorpion is the poster boy and mascot of Mortal Kombat though.

Not Liu Kang.
This is similar to Smash that choose Kazuya instead of Jin for the Tekken rep despit Jin being the main character technically.
Wrong.

Kazuya is basically the protagonist of the first Tekken.

So.

Kazuya>Jin. Jin didn't appear until later.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Raiden
Liu Kang
Shang Tsung
By that logic Scooby would be in over Shaggy and Velma and Shazam/Captain Marvel would be in over Black Adam. I feel like for MK representation they'd choose the more popular/recognizable characters which would be Scorpion or Sub-Zero

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Raiden
Liu Kang
Shang Tsung
He is

But Scorpion is much popular who I would love seeing as a fighter

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Raiden
Liu Kang
Shang Tsung
Liu Kang is more like the Guile, like the main good guy, the hero archetype but that’s not usually the focus of fighting games. Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the faces of the series like Ryu and Ken/Chun-Li

Personally I’d like to have Johnny Cage as the second or third MK rep after Scorpion and maybe Sub-Zero. He’d have a ton of fun interactions with the cast.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
My God did that cause a Storm of Quotes!
Atleast i didnt get HAted by tons of people for once i see that as a Win!
Im Joking atleast Somewhat! By The Way Speaking of Colored Ninja i wanna see Ninjago Charachters in Multiversus or their own Fighting Game!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
My God did that cause a Storm of Quotes!
Atleast i didnt get HAted by tons of people for once i see that as a Win!
Im Joking atleast Somewhat! By The Way Speaking of Colored Ninja i wanna see Ninjago Charachters in Multiversus or their own Fighting Game!
they are using ninjago for LEGO Brawl but it might not hut to see them in Multiversus, right?

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Raiden
Liu Kang
Shang Tsung
Scorpion, sub-zero, and Johnny cage are the most commented characters from when Tony Huyne asked on Twitter

Edit: Mortal Kombat has been trying to replace Lui Kang since after Shoalin Monks. Probably because it didn’t sell well or they just got bored after a whole game centered around him, but they can’t run from their history.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I can see Scorpion and Sub-Zero being assassin class and Johnny Cage and Liu Kang being bruisers. What classes would you guys say some of the other MK cast would fit?
Shao Kahn could be a tank. For a support MK characters, the only one that come to mind would be Kotal Kahn with his totems that would boost him and his allies stats.

Man this make me think that MK has so many good characters. I know people will request more the obvious one like Johnny, Scorpion, Sub-Zero etc. but characters like Bo Rai Cho, Kenshi, Ferra & Torr, Skarlet, D'vorah, Triborg, Fujin, Havik, Nitara, Sindel could be so much fun too.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Shao Kahn could be a tank. For a support MK characters, the only one that come to mind would be Kotal Kahn with his totems that would boost him and his allies stats.

Man this make me think that MK has so many good characters. I know people will request more the obvious one like Johnny, Scorpion, Sub-Zero etc. but characters like Bo Rai Cho, Kenshi, Ferra & Torr, Skarlet, D'vorah, Triborg, Fujin, Havik, Nitara, Sindel could be so much fun too.
From what ive heard they gutted Sindel Hard in MK11 she was originally a Nice Mother now shes a Jerk!

Top Bottom