• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Jeez you're right the poll is changing, pretty soon Walter white's gonna catch up
but even then Ben is still in development and has been longer than Walter.
Yeah, at the end of the day Walter is third-party, so as long as third-parties are yet to be included, he won't leave the list any time soon even after they do get in.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Yeah, at the end of the day Walter is third-party, so as long as third-parties are yet to be included, he won't leave the list any time soon even after they do get in.
I'd like to politely remind everyone that Walter (Breaking Bad) is a prime example of a villain protagonist.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If I can recall, I remember back in December 2021, the Multiversus Devs officially stated and confirmed that any existing fictional character from anywhere is possible to join the roster. Not just WB characters.

As a newly reformed and improved fanboy, I'm going to ask, are multiversus support threads for any fictional character allowed?
Mario when? :smirk:

Mario vs. Bugs Bunny.

Battle of the Century here folks.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'd like to politely remind everyone that Walter (Breaking Bad) is a prime example of a villain protagonist.

what has that got to do with him being 3rd party?

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Technically Harley could also count as a villain protagonist in some instances, though to be fair she's portrayed as more of an antihero nowadays
You are correct. No disrespect intended, but what you just mentioned just reminded me of something about the Joker. Due to the Joker being one of the most notable DC supervillains, as well as one of the most infamous supervillains of all time: many people might anticipate/expect any character or anything with the word "Joker" in it to be evil/villainous.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You are correct. No disrespect intended, but what you just mentioned just reminded me of something about the Joker. Due to the Joker being one of the most notable DC supervillains, as well as one of the most infamous supervillains of all time: many people might anticipate/expect any character or anything with the word "Joker" in it to be evil/bad.
no

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
he's already got moveset stuff and voice lines in the files. He's coming. And soon at that
YAY! 😄 It would clearly be magnificent to have matchups of Superheroes against their Supervillain archenemies in Multiversus. Not to mention, I love Superheroes, not just DC and Marvel.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Not upset nor complaining, but I don't think that the Joker should be excluded from the multiversus roster just for being evil/a villain.

no I mean no one is going to mistake one joker for another. And no one is going to get excluded for being a villain when there’s several in the roster and coming to it

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Today, some moveset stuff for BA and Stripe.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Seems to me that grabbing will be a recurring thing for flying brick metahumans here.

Edit: When a fan artist becomes an official ambassador.

Mario when? :smirk:

Mario vs. Bugs Bunny.

Battle of the Century here folks.
I'd pay good money to see this, honestly. Especially if they get Chris Pratt to voice Mario.

Technically Harley could also count as a villain protagonist in some instances, though to be fair she's portrayed as more of an antihero nowadays
And the MVS website profile just calls her a villain outright, so yeah.

Harleen Quinzel was a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum until the fateful day she met the psychotic villain The Joker… and everything changed forever. After years of being The Joker's sidekick and main squeeze as Harley Quinn, she finally found the courage to leave and forge her own destiny. Her rise to power hasn’t escaped Batman’s notice, and he’s noted that she has the potential to become one of Gotham City's, or even the world’s, greatest villains.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I'd pay good money to see this, honestly. Especially if they get Chris Pratt to voice Mario.
Warner Bros. owns DC. And Disney owns Marvel. Since DC characters are already on the roster, I think it would brilliant to see Marvel characters to join the roster too if any non-WB characters get added to the roster. Of course DC and Marvel are famous for their rivalry to date.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hey Guys, The Warner Tower Youtube Channel just added Multiversus Music yesterday.

The Warner Tower Channel is filled with official soundtracks of presumably every warner made or owned series which included Final Space too.

Faso115

Smash Lord

So we got a Steel skin on the way. Or character? I dunno enough about the guy to pinpoint if he is a superman skin or not.

I swear to god if Lebron references the Shaq movie...

D

Deleted member

It's been a while since I read or saw anything with Steel in it but I'm pretty sure he's human and fights with a hammer, don't know how well he'd work as a skin, but I'm not sure if they'd make him his own character before a lot of other dc characters

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's been a while since I read or saw anything with Steel in it but I'm pretty sure he's human and fights with a hammer, don't know how well he'd work as a skin, but I'm not sure if they'd make him his own character before a lot of other dc characters
well the idea was that he was he made a suit of armour to mimic supermans powers, acting as a new man of steel while supes was dead briefly. so he's got strength and flight at least. also he lost the hammer pretty quickly when green lantern used it to deck mongul

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Steel being a Superman skin would be really lame considering he can't do most of the things Superman does in his moveset (lasers, ice breath, etc).

It would also remove all of Steel's unique points, the most obvious being the hammer.

If this is true, Steel is probably a unique character.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Steel being a Superman skin would be really lame considering he can't do most of the things Superman does in his moveset (lasers, ice breath, etc).

It would also remove all of Steel's unique points, the most obvious being the hammer.

If this is true, Steel is probably a unique character.
Oh hey, Swamp. Didn't expect to see you here.

D

Deleted member

Unless I missed something this could be unrelated to Multiversus. Here's the source of this information: https://www.reddit.com/r/doubletoasted/comments/xra982
He never actually mentionned Multiversus, he said "DC game universe". It could be the Suicide squad game or unnannounced DC games.
Yeah this sounds like it's for something else. Could be some mobile title, or maybe they're finaly making that Superman game DC have been trying to make happen forever

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Meanwhile, some updates from Shaggy Leaks.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

So Stripe coming next week. Tony did said that the next update will be big so maybe arcade mode or the in game shop coming next week too? And Black Adam will most likely arrive end of the month for the movie. At this point I'm assuming they'll just wait for season 2 to open ranked.

Top Bottom