• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

A support account being open to other characters is such a beautiful thing.

Really hoping we see this ported to Nintendo switch during the direct tomorrow
The game is still very much in its beta phase, so I won't hold my breath on hearing of a port any time soon. One would have slightly better luck expecting to hear it at the Awards. Just don't say "That's it, no MVS?", either.

And Doctor Who was in Lego Dimensions among other WB franchises.
Plus it would be fun to hear what he has to say to others about his experience with alternate timelines and multiversal travel. This would be like Tuesday to him.

Faso115

Smash Lord
You know, it might be hilarious if Rick isn't the next character we get. In fact, i will lose my mind if we get someone that isn't announced next. And looking at the pipeline, i even think none of the announced are next and we might get that one character we known for a while.

The announcements for this game are inconsistent as heck.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Why do people think so hard that we'll get more character in season 1 than the one that are already announced?
Because 1) vague Halloween theme and 2) if the character per two weeks pattern becomes a thing, there'll exactly be one more character before Season 1 ends.

In regards to characters that would fit the Halloween theme and got datamined, Beetlejuice and the Wicked Witch of the West would fit.

Faso115

Smash Lord

Halloween event in the code is called "Scoobtober". Apparently has dedicated currency and rewards. Hopefully that means Scooby Doo is closer than we think?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Good to see someone seriously suggest the reluctant werewolf Shaggy.

Halloween event in the code is called "Scoobtober". Apparently has dedicated currency and rewards. Hopefully that means Scooby Doo is closer than we think?
Probably not, but it does imply that this'll be a yearly occurrence (which is a good thing).

Also, Aisul's latest findings suggested that Rick will be coming sooner than expected.

Edit: Now, it seems that for some reason Marvin the Martian has been left out of the server. Almost makes it seem like they may save him for later in favor of a character that might be more season-appropriate for the late October/early November period...

Meanwhile, the shop may launch pretty soon if these findings mean anything.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Harley's being celebrated today!

Aisul's Tweets have been deleted on here

Cause Aisul's Twitter Account has been suspended.
Does anyone know what their other account's username is? I didn't get around to saving it.

Edit: Never mind, found it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShadyMVS

Edit 2: The New Batch: Okay, so Aisul's actual new alt account has been officially posted now.

https://twitter.com/LaisulMV

There was a problem fetching the tweet

So, basically, Aisul/Laisul will be fine as long as text leaks are the only things posted.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, now that the 24-hour limit has been reached, I can post a second time.

The insiders have pretty much determined that Rick is getting close.

By the way, third-party character support accounts are cropping up. A few examples:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Okay, now that the 24-hour limit has been reached, I can post a second time.

The insiders have pretty much determined that Rick is getting close.

By the way, third-party character support accounts are cropping up. A few examples:

1. The account posting about the first thing is the same as the previously mentioned one that got taken down.
2. Bobobo huh? Isn’t that a show in which a muscular macho man and some small creature combine to form a idol singer or something?
3. Regarding posts, yes there is the 24 hour limit however in this case it wouldn’t have been necessary since there is a post between your two.

Of course, the posted stuff could have also been a factor on when it was posted so you are in the clear here.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
1. The account posting about the first thing is the same as the previously mentioned one that got taken down.
I know, but, there is a one-letter difference, as Aisul is now Laisul.

2. Bobobo huh? Isn’t that a show in which a muscular macho man and some small creature combine to form a idol singer or something?
Yup.

do any of these insiders know anything about a switch port?
Not yet, although there were hints of Switch and mobile ports brought up last month.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
It's important to remember the Switch's limitations. It supposedly can't handle rollback for four player matches, and it takes longer for patches to come out.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

He's getting closer...

Also, some nice 4K wins happened.

Edit: By the way, there's a tourney streaming today, if you folks want to see it.

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Some fans suspect that the stages being kept so simple are so they could easily appeal to the e-sports scene. Even then some of said stages are banned from tourneys anyway.

Granted, this game is still in its beta phase, but the staff has a lot to learn in regards to keeping a wacky aspect of platform fighters, well, wacky.

Some of the users on here may complain a lot about how we have too many grass/plain and jungle stages in Smash, but they generally are interesting and usually have something to stand them apart. Even something with low production values like Nick All-Star Brawl still manages to have many varied and interesting stages. You don't know what you have until it's gone, you could say.
Wait really? What tourneys have you been watching? They've been accepted for the most part and the stages being banned would be so lame, they're counterpick material and they work well with the game's meta at this point.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Latest rumblings about Rick coming S O O N, maybe.

And, here is a fun megabanner.

That said, when are we supposed to hear about the Batman day event today?

Edit: Never mind, the Batman Day event has officially begun. No need to hide it anymore.

Though I do suspect that we may not hear anything about Rick's release until the event ends, not only to avoid unintentionally taking away attention from it, but also to avoid jumping the gun like with Morty and Gizmo.

Wait really? What tourneys have you been watching? They've been accepted for the most part and the stages being banned would be so lame, they're counterpick material and they work well with the game's meta at this point.
That's what some folks supposedly said on Twitter and/or Reddit, anyways. Guess things changed pretty quickly.

Regardless though, Cosolix and Rexxehh are the winners of Atlas' World Shattering Tournament.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So how good are Godzilla's chances still for this game despite Legendary's department from Warner Bros.?

Could he end up the same fate as Gandalf did? Scrapped?

Because I hope not.

But even then the Rampage monsters would help fill up that void for me if it were the case.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
No pun intended, but it's not that big of a deal. This game's lifeline is going to be loooooooong due to the game's flexible F2P format, so someone like Big G could eventually show up, just as a third-party (which the staff is open to including anyways). There's no rush on it, really.

That being said, here's a Robin concept that popped up.

By the way, Tony's crew uploaded these in-game Batman tracks on YT:

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

A list of most wanted community-wide. Good to see so many want the Warners. In before the "Rigby is chad, Mordecai is simp" meme.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

A list of most wanted community-wide. Good to see so many want the Warners. In before the "Rigby is chad, Mordecai is simp" meme.
Seeing This Shows How Many People Want Regular Show in the Game.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
No pun intended, but it's not that big of a deal. This game's lifeline is going to be loooooooong due to the game's flexible F2P format, so someone like Big G could eventually show up, just as a third-party (which the staff is open to including anyways). There's no rush on it, really.

That being said, here's a Robin concept that popped up.

By the way, Tony's crew uploaded these in-game Batman tracks on YT:

Looks like Robin is deconfirmed, at least for now.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace

Glad to see some love for my boy Ben 10! He's definitely in my top 3 most wanted characters so seeing him at the top is pretty awesome.

Looks like Robin is deconfirmed, at least for now.
How does any of that deconfirm Robin? His chances seem pretty good for a Teen Titans character after Raven

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Glad to see some love for my boy Ben 10! He's definitely in my top 3 most wanted characters so seeing him at the top is pretty awesome.

How does any of that deconfirm Robin? His chances seem pretty good for a Teen Titans character after Raven
Because due to NDAs if Robin was coming we wouldn't have even seen that concept until after he was officially announced.

Edit: Oh. He was just a fan artist. I thought that he was an actual developer of the game. Never mind.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Aw lawd, he be coming.

(Nah, I'm just kidding, he's obviously referring to Rick and not Jonathan Big Head.

Edit: Oh. He was just a fan artist. I thought that he was an actual developer of the game. Never mind.
If it was Honeylune, it would be a little easier to tell.

Top Bottom